PDA

View Full Version : Jessaka from Hawaii, stopping in to say hi ^__^

Jessaka
February 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone! My name is Jessaka, I'm 24 and from Hawaii. OKAY, so my hair right now is TRYING to grow out again. It's almost to my waist. I have never had it go past my butt, but I want it to. Right now I am having issues with my hair not knowing which direction it wants to go in. Some days it will want to be bushy, other days it will want to be straight, or close to it. *Sigh*, I have dyed/highlighted it many times, but decided that it was too damaging to my hair & wallet so I went back to my regular color (dark brown)...

No pics at the moment, but will try to take later :)

edensapples
February 17th, 2009, 02:18 PM
From one new person to another, Welcome Jessaka! :)

Jessaka
February 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks, Edensapples ^__^ welcome to you too then hahahha.

manderly
February 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hi Jessaka from Hawaii, it's nice to add another local to our ranks! Mishka_84 and I always welcome new Hawaiians for our meets :D

Your hair is lovely :flower:

Jessaka
February 17th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Heyy Manderly, thanks for the warm welcome :D You know, I saw another one of your posts and thought you looked familiar but didn't see that you were from Hawaii! Hmmm, I wonder if I've seen you before haha. You folks have hair meets? That's so cool lol.....ohh and I love your bangs & how your hair knows it wants to be wavy (mine has no clue what it wants to do on a daily basis).

Thanks for the hair comment, sadly my hair is not that color anymore hahah...it's dark brown. But I still love the days when my hair was lighter, just too much upkeep.

MsBubbles
February 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Hi Jessaka and welcome! Butt-length hair - I've never had it past BSL before!

I'd say probably the relative humidity in the environment (outdoors or in) is what's causing your hair to be wavier one minute and straight the next. I personally believe our hair goes to its most natural state in high humidity. I don't even bother attempting to put a wave in my hair on those days it's gonna rain or otherwise be humid. Yours may curl up in the humidity, though.

Jessaka
February 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the welcome note, MsBubbles :) That does make sense, what you're saying about the humidity and environment in general affecting my hair. If it just curled that would be okay, but it gets frizzy and messy looking hahaha.

edensapples
February 18th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Waaaaah I want to move to Hawaii, lol. It's so BEAUTIFUL there. Are there many longhairs in Hawaii? I would think so, I've seen a lot of pretty hula dancers with hair that covers their coconut cups ;)

Jessaka
February 18th, 2009, 01:52 PM
LOL, you should definitely move if you really want to :) haha...the cost of living is high, supposedly...so make sure you have alot of money when you come here haha. I believe there are alot of people with longer hair here, but probably not all for dancing hula lol. I used to dance when I was younger...I should find some pictures of that.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2576&pictureid=32172
Bottom left...hahahah.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2576&pictureid=32173
Guess I see what you mean...we did all have long hair.

vbear
February 18th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hello Jessaka

Jessaka
February 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Hello to you, vbear :)