PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

Aelith
February 17th, 2009, 05:53 AM
About 3 months ago, I had my hair cut into a bob. I have decided to start over, but it's going to be a while before I can grow.

I have been chemically dyeing my hair since I was 12 years old. A few months back, I decided to try Color Oops to remove the red - which did nothing but make my hair orangey and fry it. After trying for months, using SMTs, COing, going two - three days between COs, I gave up - there was no bringing the bottom 2/3 of my hair back.

I found out I was expecting in December, and haven't dyed my hair since (we have since lost the baby) and realized that a) my virgin hair is not totally gray and b) it's actually a really nice color. So, now that I'm in a bob, I can trim until I get all the red out and then grown from virgin hair. I expect the trimming process to take 6 months to a year, and then I am going to work with virgin hair and grow as long as I can.

So, I'll be lurking for a while...

AutumnLeaves
February 17th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss, honey.

No need to lurk. The info given by the members here helps both long and short heads of hair! By the way, I started over in Sept. '07 and cut out all the old hair dye. It is now BSL and loaded with gray, but I am so happy I got through the process of growing out with relatively little unrest on my part. Largely due to LHCers!

Toadstool
February 17th, 2009, 06:00 AM
So sorry to hear of the loss of your baby.

lora410
February 17th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I am sorry to hear about the baby :( and I applaud you for growing our your hair and trimming. I am way to impatient for that ;)

Aelith
February 17th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Thank you all... I am still unsure what to think about the whole thing - part of me is angry that it happened to my little one, and part of me is hopeful and looking forward to trying again.

LHC is a great distraction - otherwise I'm driving myself crazy.

Addy
February 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
My deepest sympaties to you on the loss of your baby!

Your hair will grow back before you know it! Good luck!

embee
February 17th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Much sympathy on the loss. I lost one very early, and my brother said often there was good reason for the loss. That didn't comfort me at the time, but later it helped. I did eventually have two helathy children.

Hope you can enjoy your hair growing. There are awkward lengths but one can get through them with a bit of patience. :)

Xandergrammy
February 17th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hugs to you, Aelith, on your loss. And welcome to TLHC. We can provide you with some good company so visit often, okay? I look forward to watching your hair grow. :flowers:

LutraLutra
February 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear about your baby. :(

You don't have to have long hair to post on here, my hair is a few inches above my shoulders and I love posting bits and bobs. So lurk no more! :)

Silver & Gold
February 17th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. But I'm encouraged that you are looking forward to trying again. Here is to hoping for that happy, healthy baby in your future.

As for the hair, I do understand your situation. Mine has been similar for the past year. My problem has always been in having the self-restraint not to turn to scissors for a solution so I've been walking a fine line between trims and babying my hair along. I swear once I get my virgin hair back I will never, ever put another chemical process of any kind on it ever again.

SimplyLonghair
February 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I am very sorry for your loss and hope that you have better results in the near future. I lost a baby and reasonably soon thereafter we were blessed with a happy healthy baby. She is now 24. LOL not so little anymore. :rolleyes:

I think that this is a wonderful place for comfort as well as great hair hints. We care about each other, even when we don't see eye to eye on all things. Welcome back and no need to lurk, we love long and short hair, any stage of growth, and we will help you get past the rough spots. :grouphug: