PDA

View Full Version : Why does CO washing enhance curls?

lynnala
February 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM
I just did my first CO wash today. The jury is still out on whether I like it or not (I think I like it), but I did notice that it really did enhance my natural wave. Why is that? It seems like it would be just the opposite.

Sunshine69
February 17th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I don't know if it's actually curlier, but the curls and waves I do have seem to hang together better and look less frizzy with CO washing. I did notice that one heavier conditioner I used seemed to weigh my curls/waves down and made them limp and stringy. So I guess CO washing can do either, depending on your hair and the conditioner.

RancheroTheBee
February 17th, 2009, 12:32 AM
I think it's because curlier hair is more prone to being dry, thus having the cuticles lift up and cause frizz, and CO allows them to sort of... spoon each other.

It's been a long day. But you aren't imagining things.

SimplyLonghair
February 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I think that I agree with RancheroTheBee that wavy is like curly in that it is too dry and it likes the moisture. My hair loves the humidity, it goes spiral then, almost no other time does it do this. I also find that rain water that is slightly acidic and ACV rinses make my curls and waves stronger.:D