PDA

View Full Version : Magazines & Catalogs

paper
March 30th, 2008, 06:57 AM
As long as I can remember, everytime I look at a magazine or catalog, I look at hair first. Then I go back and look at the clothes and everything else. Do you all do this too?

Chamomile betty
March 30th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Oh yes, I look at the hair too.
I know in my Newport News catalog the models have a good deal of midback length hair.

lilalong
March 30th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I check out the hair, too.

Unfortunately, in most magazines everything is so airbrushed and photoshopped - looks really fake.

embee
March 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I always check the hair, but don't read many magazines. Mostly it's catalogs. Funny how so many "attractive, popular" models have long hair (long in this case is about BSL).... and people so often say *short* hair makes one look younger and prettier. Something's not quite right there. ;)

Carolyn
March 30th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I do that too! Funny how longer (mid back-ish) hair is so stylish huh?

jojo
March 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
definitely all the time, especially on the TV i do this!

Carina
March 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Absolutely.Hair comes first:agree:and everything else second in magazines and catalogs:p.

prosperina
March 30th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I always check the hair, but don't read many magazines. Mostly it's catalogs. Funny how so many "attractive, popular" models have long hair (long in this case is about BSL).... and people so often say *short* hair makes one look younger and prettier. Something's not quite right there. ;)

I've noticed this a lot too. Hollywood and the fashion industry are filled with women who sport long hair (okay, no longer than BSL, but still it isn't a trendy bob) and we regular people are being fed this line that short hair is better: more fashionable, easier to take care of, more flattering, neater, more professional, younger, prettier..... hmmm. Very strange. So long pretty hair is only for those who are rich, famous and classically beautiful....? I don't think so. :demon:

ETA: to answer the original question, yes. I often get distracted during movies and TV shows since I'm looking at the hair. Catalogs too, but I have those so rarely.