PDA

View Full Version : Argh! I'm trying to make the Savy's Lazy Wrap, but can't make it hold!

UrbanEast
February 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I'm working on this updo:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=72

I've watched the video many times and I'm doing everything the same way---up to the point of inserting the stick. I see that she's inserting into the right loop first, but I can't see what she does from there.

Can someone give me some guidance? If you happen to have Paint or some other program, would you be kind enough to draw a little diagram? I would be really grateful, as I'm really itching to wear this updo!

spidermom
February 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Into the right loop, under the base of the ponytail (which all the extra hair is wrapped around), and out the loop on the left side.

Calanthe
February 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM
It's important to catch both loops - otherwise it simply falls apart (I should know this as I need at least two tries to get it right :rolleyes:). I have a much better hold when I use a fork instead of a stick, my hair is so slippery it's very rare that I can make this style with just a stick.

UrbanEast
February 17th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Into the right loop, under the base of the ponytail (which all the extra hair is wrapped around), and out the loop on the left side.

Thank, Spidermom. I did see the written instructions, but when you first poke the stick into the right loop (before you flip the stick around), do you stick it near the top of the loop or closer to the base?

It seems that whatever I do, the updo falls apart as soon as I let go of the stick. Re slippery hair: My hair is definitely not like that, unfortunately, so a stick "should" hold it..

lora410
February 17th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Thank, Spidermom. I did see the written instructions, but when you first poke the stick into the right loop (before you flip the stick around), do you stick it near the top of the loop or closer to the base?

It seems that whatever I do, the updo falls apart as soon as I let go of the stick. Re slippery hair: My hair is definitely not like that, unfortunately, so a stick "should" hold it..

I point the stick down and under to get some scalp hairs anchored in

Silverlox
February 17th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Maybe it falls apart because your loops are too big = too loose? That often happens to me when trying a new updo.

Try wrapping your hair tighter around your fingers, and keep the thumb and index finger as close together as possible, while still being able to make the hair pass between them.

Then insert stick straight in, or perhaps even pointing a little outward with the narrow end, into the outer edge of the index-finger-loop. Catch some scalp hair, swivel top of stick to the right, while keeping the point in contact with your scalp all the time. Slide stick along scalp under middle part of updo and let it exit into the outer part of the thumb-loop.

Basically, it needs to go into one loop, under the middle part and come out of the other loop, but your entry and exit points should be as far apart as possible, while still being inside the loops.

Hm.. I hope that I didn't just confuse you even more with these instructions.. :silly:

Have you tried to click on the video where you can choose "full screen"? Then you get a much larger picture and it's a lot easier to see every detail.

UrbanEast
February 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
OK, thanks to everyone's instructions (esp Silverlox's), I managed to get it working a few times with a stick. It seems to hold more consistently with my 3 prong fork, but then the whole updo looks a little tight for my taste. I'm going to get a 2 prong fork and see how that works...