PDA

View Full Version : Hair friendly summer hats

Darkhorse1
February 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hey all!
For those of you who live in hot climates or those who spend a lot of time outdoors, I'm needing a good summer hat (preferablly a tillie hat), that can accomidate a lot of hair. I'd like to find a hat I can put my hair up in OR wear down in a single braid. I need it to be vented and cover my eyes (I wear sunglasses as well).

Any links or tips for summer hats that accomidate hair would be awesome :)

Coriander
February 16th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I was going to be looking around for hats myself, as I'm beginning to train again for this year's Breast Cancer 3-Day walk. Ballcaps just aren't going to cut it this year :D

I will post links as I find cute hats :)

FallenAngel
February 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Tips for summer hats for kids will also be very appreciated!

Carolyn
February 16th, 2009, 02:21 PM
What is a tillie hat? I've never heard of that. If I'm going to be out in the sun I wear a wide brimmed straw hat and put my hair in a single braid. I also have a wide brimmed hat with no crown. I wear my hair in a high bun with that. I found that last summer at a Cracker Barrel.

ktani
February 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Hey all!
For those of you who live in hot climates or those who spend a lot of time outdoors, I'm needing a good summer hat (preferablly a tillie hat), that can accomidate a lot of hair. I'd like to find a hat I can put my hair up in OR wear down in a single braid. I need it to be vented and cover my eyes (I wear sunglasses as well).

Any links or tips for summer hats that accomidate hair would be awesome :)

It's all there, enjoy!
http://www.tilley.com/thumbnail.asp?catId=14&gender=w&extractBy=CategoryId&id=1

Darkhorse1
February 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks ktani---there's a store that sells them right around the corner from me! I hope the prices are a bit more reasonable though. ouch!

Any other hat recommendations would be awesome :)

ktani
February 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM
This is the women's collection, do if the store doen't carry one, they may be able to order it for you, http://www.tilley.com/thumbnail.asp?catId=14&gender=w&extractBy=CategoryId&id=1.

Darkhorse1
February 16th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Darn it! I found an air flow hat, but the site is mega messed up! Every time I click to see the product, it goes back to the main page. How annoying!!!

arabidbutterfly
February 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM
You might try "bucket" style hats. I had success with them when I had long hair before, with either a low (nape) bun or a braid.

ktani
February 16th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Darn it! I found an air flow hat, but the site is mega messed up! Every time I click to see the product, it goes back to the main page. How annoying!!!

I clicked on a couple of Airflo hats and had no problem. Areas of the site time out. That is the problem.