PDA

View Full Version : Highlights and lowlights

Nocturnal
February 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Does anyone here maintain highlights using naturals dyes? By highlights I actually mean streaks of any colour. I can imagine upkeep of henna streaks must be really hard if possible at all. Please share your experience.

burns_erin
February 16th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I honestly can not imagine doing it myself, I have a hard enough time doing roots only with henna, and definitely prefer having my sister do it for me. I can imagine HOW it would be done, by using saranwarap, but I would think it would be hard. Hopefully, someone who actually has been successful will give you some input.

Isilme
February 17th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I maintain a black streak at my right temple using indigo:) The only thing that is complicated is getting the saran wrap to stick to my skin so I don't get any red/orange shining trough. Oh, and getting the indigo to hold onto my hair, seems like everyone else has problems getting rid of indigo, I have problems getting it to stay;)

Nocturnal
February 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM
burns_erin and Isilme, thank you for sharing your experience! I can understand why there not many people attempting henna streaks, matching roots with outgrowth must be hard enough.

Isilme
February 19th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I think that having a streak in such a different colour just at one place makes it quite easy. I cannot imagine a whole head of henna highlights all over the place. My strand is quite a big bunch of hair and mostly isn't seen when I wear it down, or in a low updo. The regrowth isn't that obvious either.