PDA

View Full Version : MIA Check in

Saldana
February 16th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Hello, LHC'ers!

I know I've been MIA for awhile (so long, in fact, that most of you probably don't have a clue who I am...:)

Anyway.....still growing - am creeping past waist now. Still coloring (Robert Craigs, 50/50 brown/red). Still micro-trimming every three months (basically just evening up the blunt hemline, nothing more).

I am noticing that my hair is tangling more easily at this length, even when it's up for hours - how wierd is that? I tried clarifying, but it didn't seem to help, so maybe it's just the reality of my hair at this length.

S/C'ing 2 times a week....using a variety of things, but mostly good old Suave. I've reduced the amount of conditioner I'm using, which oddly seems to help the condition of my hair. Go figure.

Anyway, wanted to give a shout out and maybe reconnect with this community - I talk about you guys and the "hairboard" all the time.....so guess I'd better make the effort to keep up, eh?

HairyCarrie
February 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Welcome back from your hiatus. I'm somewhat a newbie so I'm happy to make your acquaintance (and I read your nice blog too).

Stay around - it's nice to have long hair advice from folks who have been growing their hair for awhile.

:smile:

SimplyLonghair
February 16th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Welcome back Saldana! I understand being MIA for a time, I have done that too! Life gets busy! Glad to see you back and post some new pics so we can see your growth! :grouphug:

OhioLisa
February 16th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Welcome back! :flowers:

MemSahib
February 16th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hi, Saldana. I've done it, too — sometimes by force when my computer acted up, sometimes just because I needed some time off from the computer in general. Welcome back!

Saldana
February 16th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the welcomes! It's good to be back. :)

Coriander
February 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I think I remember you from the old boards :D I disappeared for about two years myself :oops:

Welcome back :cheese:

JamieLeigh
February 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Welcome back!! And since I'm relatively new still...nice to meet you! :D

spidermom
February 16th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hi. I'm still here all the time; isn't that sad? Nice to see you drop in.

SpecialKitty
February 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Yes, I do remember you! Welcome back Saldana :waving: I just came back after being gone for over a year. Congrats on your hair! I'm going to check your blog to see how you did it as I'm the same length I was two years ago!

P.S. I like your signature quote, and I like your avatar!

Teacherbear
February 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hi there, Saldana! Good to see you back! :cheese:

Mebo
February 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Glad to see you back. I wondered where you were!