PDA

View Full Version : Suave professionals

plainjanegirl
February 16th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Has anyone used any of the suave professional knock offs? Like vibrant shine, or there's one that is similar to biolage, etc. I don't think they are cone free, I guess just the basic suave is cone free. Are these any good, worth trying?

AutumnLeaves
February 16th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I am using the Suave Sleek (I have rather curly, frizzy hair). I love it, but then my hair type needs cones. I cannot say it makes my hair straight and sleek, but it does help tame the frizzies a bit and it is more curly than frizzy. It leaves my hair feeling very clean and has such a soft clean smell...I really like it alot.

Happy choosing!

Copasetic
February 16th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I tried the Humectant one a while ago. It was alright, nothing special really. I wouldn't buy it again.

OhioLisa
February 16th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I tried the humectant one as well. I got itchy scalp and buildup. Definitely not recommended.

DolphinPrincess
February 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I also wouldn't recommend the suave professionals. I've tried a few of them (can't remember which ones for sure though) and my hair just went bleh. My hair likes cones too, so that wasn't it.

Anje
February 16th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I used the humectant one before joining LHC. Even COed with it for a while after joining. I don't remember having any problems with it, but I'm perfectly happy using the Naturals line now.

~GypsyCurls~
February 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I used to use the Humectant one regularly with great results, but then when I tried going back to it it didn't work as well. I've also used the sleek one and the Biolage knock-off one. I really liked the anti frizz cream with the Sleek line, but the scent drove me nuts.

snowbear
February 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM
The Humectant line worked okay for me, but it was nothing to write home about. :shrug:

Elphie
February 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I've used the humectant one; it was ok.

AJoifulNoise
February 17th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I tried the Radiant Brunette that was supposed to be comparable to John Frieda. It was okay, but nothing to get excited about. And definately not John Frieda.

plainjanegirl
February 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
So from what most of all the comments have been so far they are nothing special.

LittleOrca
February 18th, 2009, 02:37 AM
You can't pay me enough to use Suave products again. I tried to, since they were cheaper than the other stuff I used, and they made my hair dry and it tangled easier. And this is all before I started to swim again, so I know it wasn't the chlorine!

kdm310911
February 18th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I had the same experiences. I tried the Vibrant Shine. I didn't notice much more shine or smoothness; it was just like any normal shampoo and conditioner. I also tried the Strength one which I believe is called Damage Control or some such now, and it was okay. I've tried the Humectant and Smooth ones also -- again, the theme is nothing special. They work, they're not spectacular.

squiggyflop
February 18th, 2009, 06:18 AM
i like the sleek/smoothing (?) one.. it was great fo detangling in the bath.. really knocked the tangles out of my head while it was wet.. one thumb up.. the other thumb is waiting for a better scent

AutumnLeaves
February 18th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I find I am itching my head like crazy. Of course, I can't remember if it started before I bought the Suave Sleek or after. Maybe I'll try something new next time.

vbear
February 18th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I am suprised with the responses. I use the Humectant and really like it. I always use conditioner, sometimes not rinsing all the way out. Haven't noticed buildup. My hair seems to like it and the price is right. :)

mooglewoo
February 18th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Kirkland is sold at Costco, and it's a knockoff of Biolage. Cheap too-$6.99 per HUGE Bottle, and the conditioner is cone-free. I don't have a Costco card anymore though, sadly.

Buddaphlyy
February 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Most are not in any way comparable to what they are supposed to be the knockoff of, but they are still good products, at least their conditioners. The Humectant (which is supposed to be a knockoff of Nexxus Humectress) and the Radiant Brunette (John Frieda knockoff) are both co wash staples of mine.