PDA

View Full Version : Homemade hairstuff

Carina
March 30th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I remember these links from the old LHC and I thought someone might like them on the new lhc too. http://www.recipegoldmine.com/beauty/beauty.html http://www.pioneerthinking.com/hair.html Enjoy!!!

BrianaFineHair
March 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Thank you, Carina. :)

Carina
March 30th, 2008, 10:08 PM
You're welcome:waving:

jessie58
March 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Carina, those are great links, thanks for posting them. I partcularly like the pioneerthinking one, it has lots of great ideas on it.

jessie58
March 30th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hey, I just looked around the recipe link and it has skin care, hair care and food recipes. Cool. Great link.

mommy2one05
March 31st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I loved that pioneer thinking site. Has anyone ever tried the black tea or black coffee rinse for brunette hair? Will it really make your hair darker...will it be a drastic change...is it permanent...are there any baad effects of it? I am new to all the natural hair things and am really scared to try anything, afraid I will harm my hair.

I also saw a coffee rinse for brunettes and redheads...it siad your hair would be rich and shiny....but it said to rinse your hair with it and do not rinse out...won't my hair then have a strong coffee odor?

jessie58
March 31st, 2008, 10:45 PM
Mommy, when we get the old LHC archives up and running you'll probably be able to find some great threads about tea and coffee rinses, there was a lot of information about that and I'm not sure who would know best but quite a few members here have done the coffe rinse route. I think that Gunjee was quite well informed about that, you might try asking her.

Nynaeve
April 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the links, I'll probably be brewing something or other tonight. :D

Lavendula
April 2nd, 2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the links, Carina! :blossom:

tiny_teesha
April 7th, 2008, 05:02 AM
i always go on pioneer thinking, ive been on it for years and years! Its awesome!!!

mellie
April 7th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Mommy2one05: I tried coffee rinses, the smell was terrible and lingered for a few days too. I wouldn't recommend it. But, tea rinses can be really great for color. I have used red raspberry, Darjeeling, and hibiscus rinses. The first two will give you light brown and the hibiscus gave me red (although for some people it tends to be more blue/purple).

Nynaeve
April 8th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Mommy2one05: I tried coffee rinses, the smell was terrible and lingered for a few days too. I wouldn't recommend it. But, tea rinses can be really great for color. I have used red raspberry, Darjeeling, and hibiscus rinses. The first two will give you light brown and the hibiscus gave me red (although for some people it tends to be more blue/purple).

Hmmm. I've thought about using a chamomile rinse because chamomile is supposed to be good for the hair, not sure where read t, but meh. Have you tried chamomile, and did it give you any color?
Not **all** that worried about color change, since my hair is so dark, but you never know.

Lizbot
April 8th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Thank you very much, Carina! These are lovely.