PDA

View Full Version : Names of hair lengths???

Flower
February 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Hello All,
I am very new year. I found this forum last night as I was looking for reviews on "The Perfect Pony" By Scunci.
I am a bit confused. :confused: What are the different hair lengths called?
and, has anyone used "The Perfect Pony"?
I just bought one and it gives my hair plenty of faux volume when I just want to wear it in a ponytail. :)

plainjanegirl
February 15th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Hi and welcome!

I will try to mention some of the hair lengths I can remember:
Shoulder length
APL or arm pit length
BSL or bra strap length
waist length
hip length
tailbone length

Flower
February 15th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks.
If the hair is touching the top of your thighs, is that called Classic length?

neon-dream
February 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Yes that is called classic length, and welcome to the forums!! :)
:blossom:

Buggheart
February 15th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Wow, you have really pretty hair. Welcome to the forum!

Flower
February 15th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you.
Could someone please tell me how you figure out what your hair type is, and what the i and ii etc mean?

littleredlx
February 15th, 2009, 06:08 PM
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954 Thats how I figured mine out. BTW your hair is beautiful.

Teacherbear
February 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
This ought to help. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5) Have you looked in the Articles' setion yet? There is some great info in there. Welcome to LHC! :)

Nyghtingale
February 15th, 2009, 09:07 PM
You have amazing hair!

Flower
February 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Thank you all for the information, and the compliments :D That's sweet.
One more question. How do you put that photo of your hair in the posts that you leave? The one right under the writing?
Thank you :)

HairColoredHair
February 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
That's a signature, and if I remember right you're allowed to have one after a certain number of posts. (25+, I was right!) You may have a photo, text or both, providing they follow the guidelines.

Here's the guide: Click here! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3066)

Flower
February 16th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thank you :)

JamieLeigh
February 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Welcome to LHC!! :D

You look to be already past this, but I created another "length" classifier to ease my own transition from TBL (tailbone-length) to classic....I called it MBL (Mid-butt length) ;)

As for the signatures and other privileges...just keep posting! You'll hit those milestones before you know it!

Flower
February 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for that. You know, some people have bigger bottoms than others. Mine is one of them. So my classic length may be longer than someone elses because of the size of my bottom.
Have you ever thought of that?

Fencai
February 19th, 2009, 01:15 PM
welcome to the boards!!!

I hadnt thought of that, since Im not near that length yet, but I'll certainly be one of those girls too! Ive got me a nice "bubble" back there! (My Onion as another friend calls it!)

HairColoredHair
February 19th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for that. You know, some people have bigger bottoms than others. Mine is one of them. So my classic length may be longer than someone elses because of the size of my bottom.

Heh, yeah... If I lost weight, I'd probably be at knee right now... or calf. 'course, it's not just my bottom that's the big part in my case.

Juneii
February 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM

yes, everyone is different. my hair is at 28.5" right now and is at midback for me, for some people that may only be at bra strap length and for others it may already be at hip :) welcome to LHC!

Flower
February 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hahaha! You guys have even thought of more possibilities.
That's true, different people have different sizes shoulders, backs and bottoms :) LOL!
I guess inches is the best way to go to compare.
Some people have longer torsos and shorter legs, and some, the other way around :)

JamieLeigh
February 19th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Some people have longer torsos and shorter legs, and some, the other way around :)

...and this is me! Shorter torso, longer legs. So I'll hit classic length at 42 inches, whereas I'll hit knee probably 10 years later. LOL. ;)