PDA

View Full Version : had to log in mid-reading threads ..??

happyquilter
March 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hi -

I was wondering why I had to log in again while reading a thread (on the friendship board). It happened when continuing from p2 to p3 and again between p4 and p5. I had already logged in to begin with. What's up? Has anyone else experienced this hiccup?

BTW, I looked for this on the FAQ thread and didn't find it.

Thanks! Barbara :blossom:

Dacia
March 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM
It's happening to me too, changing pages equals delloging.

Even while trying to post this: "Your session timed out while you were composing this post and you were logged out. You must log in again to continue.":D

Sarahmoon
March 30th, 2008, 04:52 AM
It could be you get automatically logged out after a while when the website "thinks" you're being inactive.

What helps is use the "remind me" option when you log in, so you're always automatically logged in.

happyquilter
March 30th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Hi again -

Dacia, we're getting the same message. Odd!

I'd understand the website logging me out if I'd been extremely slow or away from the computer for a while, but not in the few minutes it takes to read. Even then I'm frequently scrolling so am not inactive.

Is this fixable? Fingers crossed!

Thanks! Barbara :blossom:

paper
March 30th, 2008, 06:38 AM
That happens to me all the time too. I'll be reading some post, then when I go to reply I have to log back in.

Beatnik Guy
March 30th, 2008, 07:03 AM
It helps if you tick the box when you log in for the site to remember you; if that doesn't work, tick and untick a few times and it should stick.

happyquilter
March 30th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the tip, Beatnik Guy! I'll give that a try and see if the problem stops.

I will say this didn't ever happen even a week ago, so it's a new situation, weeks after the site recovery.

Cheers! Barbara :blossom: