PDA

View Full Version : Hair mist

cupcakeblonde
March 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Does anyone have any recipes for a hair mist or de frizz spray, as well as a leave in conditioner/treatment? TIA :)

ChloeDharma
March 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I quite like rosewater. I also add bits like a drop of glycerin and aloe vera gel.....really its something to play around with and find what you like.....herb infusions can be good too like chamomile.

One i used to do was put a tiny bit of conditioner, a dribble of avocado oil, aloe vera gel and glycerine in then fill it up with water.....that made a nice mist.

CrowningGlory
March 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I fill a small spray bottle with boiled water (distilled or bottled would probably be better as we have hard water but I never have any to hand), add about 10 drops of lavender EO and a squirt of my favourite conditioner. You can add about 1 tsp oil but I find this makes my hair too oily.

Miss Murphy
March 30th, 2008, 01:21 AM
cupcakeblonde, you are certain to find a lot of great concoctions in these threads:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1064
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/search.php?searchid=64951

HTH! :blossom:

AntiHairSlave
March 30th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I ordered and have been using aloe vera juice.... do you think I need to add something else to make it better?

cupcakeblonde
March 30th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Thanks all :)

ChloeDharma
March 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I ordered and have been using aloe vera juice.... do you think I need to add something else to make it better?

Do you mean for a mister or generally? As a leave in i like aloe gel mixed with a bit of oil.....best of both worlds.....the oil prevents that tacky hardness aloe can give.....and the aloe helps prevent the hair looking overoiled.

Nynaeve
April 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM
Does anyone have any recipes for a hair mist or de frizz spray, as well as a leave in conditioner/treatment? TIA :)

Right now i'm using a mister leave-in vaguely based on Kimberlily's aloe spray from the old boards.

I make mine out of

Rosewater
Aloe Vera Gel
Jojoba oil
Olive or Tea tree oil
Rosemary oil

There is some slight separation when it is just sitting there, so you have to shake it a bit before using it.

Patrycja
April 1st, 2008, 05:38 PM
I've mentioned this quite a bit in other threads and my mister bottle still has this recipe-
VO5 Kiwi Lime clarifying conditioner(conefree)
Distilled water
jojoba oil
White Grapefruit EO
Aloe

I use this as a finishing spray with my updos to smooth down the stray hairs.

soleluna
May 4th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I just created mine: Aloe vera gel with vit e and tea tree + jojoba oil+ distilled water.. let you know how it works

saman
May 4th, 2008, 05:57 AM
good mixture soleluna

soleluna
May 4th, 2008, 06:08 AM
good mixture soleluna

Thank you! simple and basic.. that's how I like it :D hope it works