PDA

View Full Version : Opinons on henna

gottecat
February 13th, 2009, 04:33 PM
What do you think is the best way to mix henna?? I am getting ready to henna my sisters hair. its mixed with lemon juice for dye release. and what is a good gloss in case there is a little left over?
Cat

MeMyselfandI
February 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Is your henna already mixed with the lemon?

I use 1 bag chamomile tea and 1 bag Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Herb Tea for every cup of deionized or distilled water as the liquid.

The easiest thing I have found for mixing my henna is to use a large freezer ziplock bag. I use 200 grams of henna and it fits in the large freezer ziplock bag. I find it easy to knead the henna into a nice paste.

I do not know about gloss. You can freeze any used henna until you are ready to make your gloss.

gottecat
February 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
yah its already mixed.

fishwich
February 13th, 2009, 04:46 PM
You mean, how to physically mix the stuff? I use a fork. There's always some clumps, I don't fret about them.

As for recipes, eh, boiled tap water mixed with the henna to a thick paste, then a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (lemon juice, same diff) and some powdered ginger/pepper/paprika. The spice cabinet stuff is just for scent though. I mix in a soup bowl and scoop with a tablespoon measure.

Not sure about the gloss, I've never tried. If I want a thinner stain, I just dilute the henna more.