PDA

View Full Version : I snapped my first hairstick!

Briar
February 13th, 2009, 02:32 PM
So I have only a few hairsticks - mostly plastic, a lovely wooden from NightBlooming, and a bronze. My favorite is the bronze one, because I'm never afraid I'll snap it. I got a little extra cash last week and decided to buy a few new, higher-quality than plastic, hair sticks. I found a lovely cedar stick on Etsy, about 6 inches long, and bought it. It came today, and I gleefully caressed its sinuous red lines, then put my hair up in a Nautilus bun and started gently working the stick through...

SNAP!!

Tragedy! :boohoo: It snapped right along one of the wood grain lines. I sent the Etsy maker a message, and I hope he'll make it right somehow, but I am so heartbroken! It is such a gorgeous stick, and my stupid hair had to go and break it!

SHELIAANN1969
February 13th, 2009, 03:04 PM
That stinks! I hope the seller replaces it. :grouphug:

andrea1982
February 13th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I totally know how you feel! This happened to me last week.. My hair is JUST long enough to put up in a bun with a hair stick, and so I tried out a lovely wooden one I bought last june at a festival. It was inexpensive, but has an opal set in the tip. So pretty! Anyway, first time I try to use it.. snap! :(. so sad.

Hopefully the seller will replace yours

Coriander
February 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I'm thinking the seller will replace it - after all, it was the first use and it's not like you're trying to drive it through concrete.

On the other hand, congratulations on having hair buff enough to snap a stick :flower:

Darkhorse1
February 13th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I've killed 2 hair sticks, but both were plastic ones. Hugs to you! I'm sure the etsy seller will replace it :)

MountainGypsy
February 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Oh bummer, it sounds like it was a pretty stick! I hope the seller will work with you, most of the people on etsy seem to be very good about working with you

suicides_eve
February 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
aw.. what a bummer, hopefully you can get it replaced with a better one. it's like getting a toy with no batteries to run it..

Vainjane
February 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thus far, my hair has only been strong enough to break plastic sticks. You must have very healthy hair! I hope the seller replaces the stick. :bluesmile

angelthadiva
February 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the "STICK SNAPPIN' CLUB"!! :joy:

I've broken tons of plastic ones, but I've never broke a wooden one...You must have some killer hair, girl! :D

enitsirk
February 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I think the first stick I broke was a cheap wooden one I got from ebay.

The second one I killed was one of my ketylos :/

Was part of a pair and I usuallly only wear them one at a time anyway, but was still very sad. I need to get more ketylos..love them :)

angelthadiva
February 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I think the first stick I broke was a cheap wooden one I got from ebay.

The second one I killed was one of my ketylos :/

Was part of a pair and I usuallly only wear them one at a time anyway, but was still very sad. I need to get more ketylos..love them :)

GASP! :shocked: A Ketylo killer? Hush your mouth! ;) Maybe he'll replace it, did you try?

Briar
February 13th, 2009, 09:24 PM
A Ketylo killer! I love the way you said that... :) I am impressed by enitsirk's stick-snappin' skills too.

So far, I suggested to the seller that I would try gluing it (because it's so beautiful and I really do want it to work) and let him know if I snap it again (which I probably will). He has offered to make me a "beefier" cedar stick, or something out of a denser, less snappable wood like walnut or oak. So far, the Krazy Glue for Wood is setting, and I'll try the stick again in the morning.

angelthadiva
February 14th, 2009, 09:03 AM
When you get your post count up to 1,000 you may consider changing your customized user to Keytlo Killer--That would be funny! Good luck w/your repairs.

going gray
February 14th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Imagine all the good will the seller will get if they replace that hairstick. It's just good business to replace it, hope they do.

embee
February 14th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Wait another day or so to use that mended stick. The glue may be stronger.

I must say I've broken a number of sticks, but they were plastic rubbish, not anything wooden. I'm impressed.