PDA

View Full Version : Dreamed my hair was cut to chin length :(

Curlsgirl
February 13th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I hate dreams like this! There was a big windstorm and we were running through it trying to escape to shelter when my hair was ripped off up until about my chin. Not sure how it got ripped off evenly to a bob but it did. I woke up and felt of my hair to make sure it was still there. I hated my bob.

Copasetic
February 13th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I have had a lot of dreams where I end up either having my head shaved, or doing it myself. They are pretty creepy.

suicides_eve
February 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I know what you mean, they can be so vivid and scary. In my dreams my hair reverts back to the bleached melty mushy mess i had before..

RancheroTheBee
February 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM
For reals? I have dreams wherein my hair is much longer than it is in real life. Those are fabulous, and I spend most of the dream combing it and wrapping it around myself. :o Uhm... Wow, I'm a dork.

RedFrizz
February 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I constantly see dreams where I chop off my hair. Usually I end up shaving it.. And while I do this it feels the best idea in the whole wide world and I'm extremely happy, usually laughing out loud. But when I'm done and look myself in the mirror I start to feel deep remorse and agony for my actions. I hate these dreams because I feel so disturbed when I wake up..

Coriander
February 13th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I've had dreams where my hair is cut off and I've also had dreams where my hair is lovely, wavy and classic :D

Samara Morgan
February 13th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Oh I can't stand dreams like that :( You always believe they're real until you wake up :agree: I dreamt that my Dad cut my hair off whilst I was sleeping once :bigeyes:

neon-dream
February 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
:| I've never had dreams like this!
and hopefully won't, they sound horrible!

Kimberly
February 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
When I have had dreams where I cut off my hair it was usually at a time in my life when I was about to make a big decision that would take a long, long time to undo if I changed my mind. My dreams tend to have very straightforward messages, especially the recurrent ones.

SHELIAANN1969
February 13th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Dreams like that suck but the part in red made me laugh out loud! It struck a funny chord in me. :D

I hate dreams like this! There was a big windstorm and we were running through it trying to escape to shelter when my hair was ripped off up until about my chin. Not sure how it got ripped off evenly to a bob but it did. I woke up and felt of my hair to make sure it was still there. I hated my bob.

LittleOrca
February 13th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I tend to have dreams where my teeth will fall out. They are usually very creepy and gross. In one of them I was watching wild horses run and as they left the ground and ran in the clouds my teeth fell out one by one, then my gums sloughed off and there were new teeth underneath.

*shudder* shudder:

At that point I woke up, made sure my teeth were still there, and went and brushed them for a few minutes.

Amara
February 13th, 2009, 04:42 PM
...At that point I woke up, made sure my teeth were still there, and went and brushed them for a few minutes.

LOL - That's my reaction to weird tooth dreams, too.

I also dreamt - just two nights ago - that I cut my hair off to chin length. It was very cute, actually, and I had long side swept bangs.

Previous to the past couple of years, I would have cut it that very next morning, inspired by the dream! But I'm sticking to my guns right now and growing longer. :)

MountainGypsy
February 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have had those dreams too, they are stressful! I also had the opposite - when I had really short hair I would dream that I had found a new way to style it and it was long again! Those dreams were kind of fun :p

rymorg2
February 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
UGH.

I had a dream once that someone snuck up behind me with a pair of clippers and ZIPPED a big fat line in my head with it. My hair was waist length in the dream, except for that spot!!!!!!

OH I was so glad it was a dream....

Curlsgirl
February 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
UGH.

I had a dream once that someone snuck up behind me with a pair of clippers and ZIPPED a big fat line in my head with it. My hair was waist length in the dream, except for that spot!!!!!!
OH I was so glad it was a dream....

shudder: Horrid just horrid!

Sissy
February 13th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Oh, sorry you had that dream. Honestly, I've had a dream of my hair all falling our and also being cut off before too. It's scary!

Sissy
February 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I tend to have dreams where my teeth will fall out. They are usually very creepy and gross. In one of them I was watching wild horses run and as they left the ground and ran in the clouds my teeth fell out one by one, then my gums sloughed off and there were new teeth underneath.

*shudder* shudder:

At that point I woke up, made sure my teeth were still there, and went and brushed them for a few minutes.

I had a dream that all my teeth fell out before too. I have no idea why I'd dream such a horrid thing. My teeth are in very good condition.

Curlsgirl
February 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Teeth falling out must be a very common dream. I have had many dreams like that. I hate them too!

Carolyn
February 14th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I've had the bob cut dream too. I don't dream about the cutting, just that my hair is suddenly a chin length bob. I always wake up in a big sweat and have to check and make sure my hair is OK :D I've never dreamed about a head shave or a really short pixie cut thank goodness. I have several recurring dreams but I've never had the teeth falling out one.

Kimberly
February 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Ooh I used to get the teeth falling out dreams . . . I'd dream I bit into an apple or something and left my teeth in it, or that the teeth were wiggly and going to come out if I didn't take care. Like I said, the symbolism of my dreams always seems pretty obvious to me, and the tooth-loss dreams for me recurred a bunch when I was not taking care of business like I should -- as in don't maintain your stuff (like teeth) and it's going to fall apart.

The ancient Egyptians believed a dream of losing your teeth was a portent of death. Kinda scary, but I haven't noticed truth to it.

Bill D.
February 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Back when I had thick hair that was a lot longer I'd have dreams like this. Then I'd wake up and caress my long hair to reassure myself that it was still there.

These days, with my hair shorter, I instead have dreams once in a while where it's really long. I"ve even had dreams where I had hair below my waist and I was so happy because I just *knew* it wasn't a dream! Sigh...

Bill D.

Heidi_234
February 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
yesterday I dreamed I fried my hair with bleach and forgot to buy the hair mask I needed, or something like that.
I never had hair dreams before, I think I spend too much time on LHC :lol:

wintersun99
February 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM

MimiKeki
February 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Aw hun, I have had one of these horrible nightmares too :( You actually wake up feeling upset! But alas, they're just dreams :)