PDA

View Full Version : Hair sticks - one or two?

LadyEliza
February 12th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Do you prefer one hair stick or two? I prefer one (just lazy!) unless it's a formal occasion.

Do you like matching sets?

Catladyintown
February 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hi LadyEliza I like one hair stick. But I like my hair sticks with very big toppers that are unusual. Not the run of the mill wood cuts if that makes sense.:D

Nat242
February 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I wear one usually, but there are a few styles where two are needed. Maybe once a week or so I wear 2?

Nice sig, Lady Eliza! I owe you a PM.

Islandgrrl
February 12th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I like two. They don't have to match. :silly:

Cinnamon Hair
February 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I like to wear a matching pair of sticks. One is not always enough for me to get a good hold.

KnightsLady
February 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM
One. Two looks like too much to me.

Catladyintown
February 12th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Cinnamon Hair with your gorgeous long hair. I can understand why you would need two.:D

Denebi
February 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Most of the times one, sometimes two (matching), rarely two (not matching). I do not have that much hair, so two sticks seems a bit too much. It depends on the style, though.

AJoifulNoise
February 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I prefer two that match. At least that way I have the option of using one or two in the style. I do a lot of cinnabuns and figure 8s. Those feel more stable to me with two sticks (though I can get away with one if I have to). For chinese buns I like one stick for function and another for decoration.

Akiko
February 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I use just one most of the time. My bun is smallish. One is enough to secure.

Cinnamon Hair
February 12th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Cinnamon Hair with your gorgeous long hair. I can understand why you would need two.:D

Thanks Catlady :) Sometimes I do wear a single stick if that is the way it was sold, but if I don't get it in just right I need to add plastic pins for support.

harley mama
February 12th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I only use one. Two is to much trouble. I'm lazy. :)

sapphire-o
February 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
One big stick or two smaller sticks. Depends on the bun as well. Cinnamon bun and other round buns usually need two, but Figure-8 and infinity need just one. Of course if I used conditioner then nothing would work.

Bene
February 12th, 2009, 05:44 PM
one stick holds my hair up perfectly. i'll rarely use a second stick. sometimes i will for decorative purposes.

kunibob
February 12th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I find that my bun often starts to rotate if I've only got one in there, so adding in a second one at a different angle stops that. I do wear only one occasionally, but prefer two.

Anje
February 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Usually one, but I'm finding that as my cinnamon bun gets more swirly, I need two parallel sticks to hold it securely.

coppercurls
February 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I prefer two that match. At least that way I have the option of using one or two in the style. I do a lot of cinnabuns and figure 8s. Those feel more stable to me with two sticks (though I can get away with one if I have to). For chinese buns I like one stick for function and another for decoration.

That's how I do it too.;)

fishwich
February 12th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I like one. First, I like ones with big fancy ends. Second, I'm kind of compulsive about keeping my stick level (I do Chinese buns) and having another one at a weird angle would drive me NUTS.

I've worn two, but...again with the compulsion...they have to be at right angles. It's so much easier to manage one.

Delila
February 12th, 2009, 08:52 PM
It depends on the style of stick.

Smaller sticks, two seem best.

Larger sticks can hold fine with just one.

Also with certain updos, two help stabilize the style so it doesn't twist.

LadyEliza
February 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I like to wear a matching pair of sticks. One is not always enough for me to get a good hold.

I can understand that, with your hair!!! I'm surprised 2 will hold it up!

lemonlife
February 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
One. Two if I need to nail down my hair.

Wearing one is good- as I end up buying pairs & breaking the one I use. It means they last twice as long. :D
Forks work best though

Masara
February 12th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I've got a small head and fine hair that makes a small bun, so even one stick can look overwhelming. Two would be too much. Maybe as my hair gets longer

rose_in_bloom
February 12th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I've got a small head and fine hair that makes a small bun, so even one stick can look overwhelming. Two would be too much. Maybe as my hair gets longer

Same here, exactly.

LittleOrca
February 13th, 2009, 12:33 AM
If I had a large hair stick that was very ornate I's probably use one, but I do like the security that two sticks gives me.

bjt
February 13th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I always wear two, usually matching. Some buns need 2 to stay up, but other times with things like nautilus buns I just like the look of having two sticks--I like the symmetry of it.

my toppers are almost never huge or stick out much though, and I don't particularly like huge amounts of the stick showing, so I don't think two (of mine at least) look overwhelming.

Johanna64
February 13th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I prefer two hairsticks and I like it if they match together.
I love to wear my Chinese sticks :)

rags
February 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I have a little head and a little tiny bun, but I still like to wear two sticks! One is usually enough to secure my hair, but I prefer the look of two. One just seem assymetrical somehow, and it drives me batty!

kwaniesiam
February 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM
It depends. I have some gorgeous pairs, but pretty singles as well.