PDA

View Full Version : Hair tip from India for growing hair, and reducing hair fall

Moiraine
February 12th, 2009, 01:56 PM
simple but effective tip ! Dear Friends ,
I give u one simple tip for hair- growth : Massage
ur scalp with
ur finger tips gently ( need not use any oil ) . Do it regularly before going to bed .It stimulates blood- circulation . Within few days hair- falling gets stopped & you are sure to get a healthy and long hair in course of time . I've experienced it myself. Try & give
ur opinions please....( Of course u have to do oil - massage too ,once in a week . )

Affly,

Indhu.

I got this tip from a forum called
Indusladies, a forum by and for Indian ladies around the world. I'll post the link if anyone wants to check it out. Maybe Indian ladies here read this forum too:) I will try this once a day for a few minutes and see what happens:)

Moiraine
February 12th, 2009, 01:56 PM
http://www.indusladies.com/

Aisha25
February 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I am on that site :lol:

LittleOrca
February 12th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I will have to give it a try :D thanks for the tip!

paintedmuse
February 12th, 2009, 02:29 PM
About two weeks ago I've started massaging my scalp a little every day before going to bed(or just during the day if I was bored).
On wash days I'll do a longer massage with a tiny bit of oil.
I didn't do this because I wanted to reduce shedding since I never had issues,
just because it felt good and I thought it'd stimulate bloodflow and maybe make my hair grow faster :p(yes, I'm desperate)
But its true, I shed a lot less :)... even when I wash my hair I only loose like 10 hairs (used to be about 20-30), and only a few when I brush.
And it feels very nice.

I highly recommend it :D

Fairlight63
February 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I was wondering if you bend over to massage your scalp or can you do it upright sitting in a chair or standing?
If I bend over it gets my hair all tangily & hard to comb.
So what do you do?

paintedmuse
February 12th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I was wondering if you bend over to massage your scalp or can you do it upright sitting in a chair or standing?
So what do you do?

I just do it sitting somewhere.

LadyEliza
February 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM
So what do you do?

A man went to a doctor and said "doctor, my arm hurts when I raise it and bend it like this"

The doctor said "so don't raise it and bend it like that!"

:p

BlackfootHair
February 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I have a vibrating hair brush I bought off Amazon for 2.99. It feels so relaxing when I use it. :)

JamieLeigh
February 12th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I love massaging my scalp...and even more when someone else does it for me! :o

SimplyLonghair
February 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM
DD and I do this for each other and it is a wonderful stress relief! After a hard day at work it gets your blood flow going. Flow that is hindered by stress!:rolleyes:

It does help, for many things, from stress to hair loss.:D

Nikky88
February 12th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Interesting, I will definitely have to try this!! anything to encourage growth is worth a try!

ChloeDharma
February 12th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I love that site.

I'm a big believer in scalp massage, i try to do it every day and when i do it keeps my shedding down.

Moiraine
February 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks everyone for replying, and it's nice to know from you ladies that messaging the scalp helps with hair growth and fall of hair and even if it didn't work for you, that it is a very relaxing thing to do!

I have this annoying habit of scratching my scalp all over and while I don't have dandruff and so I don't scratch anything up, if I just rub my scalp instead of scratching with one fingernail up there, I may get some growth!!!

I always pay attention to anything Indian ladies do with their hair because they are able to grow beautiful shiny black hair very quickly so there must be something to their traditional ways of handling it.

I found Indusladies about a year ago and lurk there often, as I do other forums of women of other countries just so I can learn more about how our lives and traditions differ. Coming originally from the little island of Bermuda, I am familiar with many British traditions because it was a British Colony. I understand India has a British legacy as well, even tho they left over 60 years ago. For many years Bermuda has been pushing towards Independence but with an island so small (21 miles long) and an economy based mainly on tourism and finance and no natural resources, I don't see it coming anytime soon xxxx

punky
February 12th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Sounds interesting. I will give it a try and see if it helps with my shedding and hopefuly help my hair grow faster.:)

RavennaNight
February 12th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I am also a big fan of scalp massages. I dunno about stopping shedding, as I still shed the usual hairs, but it sure feels good and helps distribute natural oils.

Aditi
February 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Humm....it really is an interesting method. Even i will give it a go but for how many minutes i have to massage my scalp?

ChloeDharma
February 13th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Humm....it really is an interesting method. Even i will give it a go but for how many minutes i have to massage my scalp?

I'd say 5-10 minutes a day would do. I like to take my time over it at night especially if oiling, but other times if just doing a quick one i just start at my hairline in circular motions going back until all the scalp mas been massaged, sometimes i gently tug the hair afterwards too which feels nice afterwards.

HotRag
February 13th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I massage with a massage brush every night.
Feels very good, and seams to be good for my scalp problems (hard sebum that want to build up).

You who massage with oil, how much oil do you estimate that you use?
I use oil on scalp once a week, but I think I maybe use more than I need.
You from the Indian herb thread maybe know that I use bhringraj oil, so I want the herbs to act too.

ChloeDharma
February 13th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I massage with a massage brush every night.
Feels very good, and seams to be good for my scalp problems (hard sebum that want to build up).

You who massage with oil, how much oil do you estimate that you use?
I use oil on scalp once a week, but I think I maybe use more than I need.
You from the Indian herb thread maybe know that I use bhringraj oil, so I want the herbs to act too.

I pour some into the palm of my hand then use that on my scalp, i'd say it takes 2 ish palmfulls before my scalp is covered, but i also spread it down my length too so probably end up using 4....to be honest i dont think i've ever actually counted.
I also have the hesh bhringraj oil as one that i use.

HotRag
February 13th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I pour some into the palm of my hand then use that on my scalp, i'd say it takes 2 ish palmfulls before my scalp is covered, but i also spread it down my length too so probably end up using 4....to be honest i dont think i've ever actually counted.
I also have the hesh bhringraj oil as one that i use.
I use a dropper to get into the scalp, but I think I use about the amount you do, about two palmfulls. It spreads down the lengths, and because I would like to get more out when washing, I thought I maybe could use less. But the amount I use, feels good when massaging.

scalawaggirl
February 13th, 2009, 05:41 AM
My hair has been shedding with some of my recent routine changes so I'm going to give the scalp massage a try.

Hopefully, it will slow the shedding as well as push my growth!

xrosiex
February 13th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I love scalp massage. Only I have trouble not useing my finger nails. Does it make any difference?

Sissy
February 13th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the tip. I think I need to give head massages a try more frequently.

Vainjane
February 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the tip. I am going to try this. It sounds relaxing if nothing else.