PDA

View Full Version : I've been using emu oil :]

Faepirate
February 12th, 2009, 04:48 AM
And loving it!

Strangely, my skin doesn't seem so keen on it, but my hair LOVES it!

My hair doesn't do well with coconut oil or olive oil at all, and now that I've found an oil it likes I'm glad that I'll never feel the need to subject it those other oils again. :p

Has anyone else had good results from this?
I wonder what it is about it that my hair loves so much. It feels very light and non-greasy and just makes my hair so soft.

It's probably not just the oil but also the regular vinegar rinses and distilled water spritzings, and maybe even the cassia (though for a week after that treatment my hair was A NIGHTMARE, it was so so so so horrid *shudder*) but I feel that the emu oil is really helping to keep my hair looking nice every day rather than just once in a blue moon!

mellie
February 12th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Interesting! I don't really know much about it, so keep us posted!

spidermom
February 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I was told that emu oil molecules are very small, so they penetrate better than oils with bigger molecules. I used emu oil first and then tried coconut oil. For me, coconut oil works just as well as emu oil and smells better, so I've continued with that. However, emu oil also worked well.

cocolover
February 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
I've been thinking about trying it, but read that it darkens hair over time, so I've held off. Has anyone here used it and had their hair darken? I read on some website that emu oil will actually "reawaken" dormant hair follicles...not sure if that is true.

spidermom
February 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I used it for over a year, and it did not darken my hair.

Kerynna
February 13th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Are you spreading the emu oil onto the length of your hair, or just the scalp? I've been using emu oil just on my scalp for a couple of months now, and I find it very nongreasy and easy to use.

I haven't been putting it on the length though. I read that it aids hair growth by keeping the hair follicles open and clean so I'm using it that way. I also use it on my face and my skin seems to really like it. I mix it with my usual face lotion and my face is even softer and more elastic feeling after using the emu.

spidermom
February 13th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I used emu oil only on the bottom 2/3 of my length. My scalp is oily enough, so I just let the sebum do its thing up there.

GlassEyes
February 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
There was one member who noticed darkening, and her pictures did show as such, but whether they're completely accurate in color presentation, I can't say.

Eryka
February 15th, 2009, 02:06 PM
<-- Owes hair success to Emu Oil