PDA

View Full Version : Humans with built-in cat toys

wendyg
March 29th, 2008, 05:05 PM
While we were down, http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gwyndred/wgbraid-simon.jpg happened.

Any one else have cat-hair tales?

wg

Kallisti
March 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM
:laugh: How adorable! How long did he play?

My cat hair tale isn't as cute, it was kind of painful. Before I really committed to braiding before I went to bed I would leave my hair down and pile it on the pillow. My cat Bagheera likes to sleep under the covers with me, but if I am asleep and won't lift the blankets for her, she'll cuddle with the top of my head on the pillow. On this fateful night she cuddled up into the pile of my hair... and became stuck. Her foot got stuck in a tangle, and she got scared and tried to tug away. This of course woke me up. The top of my head got scratched, the cat was yowling, I was yowling and crying. I finally got her foot free, and she ran away. A few minutes later she came back for comfort and pettings. I've been braiding my hair at night ever since.

embee
March 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM
That picture is darling! I've had some brief experiences with a cat trying to grab the end of the braid, but nothing like your picture. Mine were just passing moments, as the braid would swing past.

eresh
March 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Haha yes, I work at an animalshelter, the cats there sometimes jump to my braid like Tarzans!
So now I wear my hair UP ;-)

AJoifulNoise
March 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Some days after I wash my hair I chillout on the sofa to read. I drape my hair over the side (rather like you are in your picture, only loose). And my Eisenhower will leap from the nearby table and go attack-cat on my hair while he's standing on it.

wendyg
March 29th, 2008, 06:34 PM
It's a friend's cat, Simon (a female, oops). She got exactly the length of time to play that it took to get the picture. :)

wg

Xandergrammy
March 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think I remember seeing pictures on the old board with Dianyla (if I remember correctly) and a cat playing? It was very cute.

Neoma
March 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM
That pic is too cute.

Not a cat, but my birds...

My starling likes to deconstruct my buns. He can undo one in second.

One of my cockatiels thinks that my bun is a stepladder to the top of my head. :)

hrimfaxi
March 29th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I have chin-length bangs on one side of my face, and kitties think this is the best toy ever.

DecafJane
March 29th, 2008, 07:27 PM
That picture is SO CUTE!

I would not want my cats to play with my hair when it grows - one of them likes to chew THROUGH long bits of string and cat toys, so I would dread to think of what he would do to a small braid if I were to play with him with it!

Cricket
March 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I was flaked out on the floor at a friend's place waiting for game to start one night, and her black panther of a cat decided that he wanted to play with my loose hair. It was BSL at the time and in a pony tail. He hugged my head and pulled the elastic out, then groomed me.

After that, he always became very upset if he didn't get to play with my hair during my visits. He and his owner moved to the States a few months ago, I'm going to miss the little nuisance. :D

Otherwise, I can't wear braids or ponytails when I have my snake out of her pen. She tends to stick her head between my elastic and scalp and rest/hide there. Its really hard to get her out without thinking that I'm hurting her and bending her scales the wrong way.

Juanita
March 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Cute cat.My boys used to like the play with the hair thing when they were younger.
cheers
Juanita

blue_nant
March 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Oh yes, Silver has not outgrown playing, and my braid has a strong habit of flinging itself into her range. She's awful mellow and only swats at it about half the time.

Other times I deliberately bait her into playing with the tassel end. I figure teeth are only somewhat harmful; she has no front claws (not my fault). And maybe catspit is good for hair???

Awwww, hair is for fun, ennit?

Green_Ghost
March 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I may not have braided my hair (yet ;) ) but I certainly have had my curls been the obsession of several cats. I used to work at an animal shelter and the cats and kittens loved messing around with my hair. Sure I got a few scratches on the face due to bad aim, but at least the cats were happy! The dogs...not as much. If anything some of the dogs didn't like my curly top because they confused it with a tiny dog or other critter. Although to be fair I did sometimes have a rat or ferret playing around in my hair too!

Dianyla
March 30th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I think I remember seeing pictures on the old board with Dianyla (if I remember correctly) and a cat playing? It was very cute.
Actually it was a dog. Here's the youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2s6yzexZoY). :)

starsaphire
April 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
I know I posted about this on the old board, but...

...one of my kitties got veeery interested in me when I was resting on the couch, with coconut milk and honey in my hair under a showercap, and started sniffing and trying to lick up the drips coming down my neck.

I have since begun doing my coconut-milk soaks in the bath.

Coincidence? You be the judge... :D

- starsaphire

Xandergrammy
April 1st, 2008, 05:09 AM
Actually it was a dog. Here's the youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2s6yzexZoY). :)

Thanks for posting that again, Dianyla!! I love it!

Willswalk
April 1st, 2008, 06:01 AM
You know what they say, you spend money on a cat toy and they'll never play with it, but the free ones, especially ones you don't want them to play with, are their favorites.

Juli414
May 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Nibby is, uh... fluffy, that's it, fluffy, she had a high weight of 15 pounds of fluff. Ten years ago, my hair was WL. My "seat" was on a sofa that wasn't against a wall. She'd grab a mouthful of hair or a braid in her mouth and go bungee jumping off the back of the sofa.

Pegasus Marsters
May 28th, 2008, 08:43 PM
My kities used tyo love my braid when it was long, they'd play with it all the time. I never had the heart to stop them XD

noelgirl
May 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Last year, I had a roommate who had a cat. She didn't have much hair for the cat to play with, so he'd always go after mine instead, just batting it around like string.