PDA

View Full Version : Questions.

Norwegian_Metal
February 10th, 2009, 08:35 PM
So im trying just a soap bar right now for cleaning and burt's bees for conditioner. I know a lot of other people said they noticed more volume without the sulfates and cones but i am not at all. In fact i think it is less. I don't think the soap bar can cut it to clean my hair as it is a greasepit. It gets sooooo greasy (one time i didn't wash for 5 days and grease actually dripped off). Would just a natural shampoo work better you think? And would vo5 be good too? Does anyone know a good way to possibly cut down on the grease.

spidermom
February 10th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Natural shampoos work great for me! Also unnatural shampoos. I dilute them in about 1/2 cup warm water and shake well before squirting all over my scalp. I've always had oily hair, more so when I was closer to your age. I think using soap to wash hair is rather icky, but that's just me.

darkwaves
February 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM
If you're using a bar, you might find some ideas on the shampoo bar thread. It's on the products forum.

Good luck finding what works for you.

Norwegian_Metal
February 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I should say that the soap bar is a hand made natural one but still it just doesn't seem to cut it.

A'eorryn
February 11th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Being a cold-process soaper I can tell you that not all handmade soap is created equally - different oils used in making the soap will contribute different properties, and if your bar was made with a lot of conditioning oils like olive and shea but not much cleansing oil such as coconut then it's not going to cut the grease. A shampoo bar can really work wonders, but only if it's formulated for your particular hair type/issues, and I would say you need a bar that's got a lot more coconut oil in it (which is both cleansing and drying). I've got an oily scalp but the soap I make/use has 30% coconut oil and works beautifully on my hair and gets all the grease out. I'll always recommend soap over shampoo (for my own reasons), and strongly suggest you stick with it - just make sure to get a bar that's right for your hair.

~A'eorryn

cobblersmaid
February 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
There are other no sulfate options besides 'poo bars. I hate 'poo bars myself. I would try something like Giovanni, aubrey, or trader joes.

MadPirateBippy
February 23rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
If your hair is that greasy, you might want to look into no-poo or the baking soda shampoo. I did it for a month and my dry hair couldn't take it, but some people have had fantastic results with it, and (extra bonus time) it's dirt cheap.