PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite Bun?

Botticelli Gold
February 10th, 2009, 08:17 PM
For me I would definately have to say the Chinese Bun, and variations thereof. Also the Japanese Bun is pretty cool too but im still trying to master that one. :)
I love Asian and Oriental traditional fashion and hairstyles, it is so simple and elegant, but never boring or cliche.

Thoughts?

Coriander
February 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Chinese bun and variations of, like you said. Especially doing the bun using rope braids. That turned out well :)

sahiba
February 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Actually, anything I can't do becomes my favorite :o

edensapples
February 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Anyone quick link to buns to choose from for a newbie? :)

alligatorbaby23
February 10th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Cinnamon bun. The reason? Quick and only one stick. My 2 second go0to. I love to do other buns, but,, Simplicity wins every time!

coppercurls
February 10th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I have to say a figure 8. Why? because it took me forever to figure out how to do it-then it just clicked one day.;)
I wore one everyday for about a week because I was really afraid I would forget how to do it! Am I not pitiful?

Katahdin
February 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
A good old cinnabun. It's easy, quick, and looks pretty nifty when I pull bits of my layers out of it to make it look more casual.

rose_in_bloom
February 10th, 2009, 10:43 PM
I love sock, braided, and orchid buns. There are so many lovely ones to choose from! :)

Masara
February 10th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Braided bun; fast and easy to do but it looks much more complicated. It can be held with a single stick/fork and it stays in all day.

Botticelli Gold
February 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM

Hi there, there are some walk-throughs of different buns in the articles section, and if you search for "buns" in the Mane Forum you should come up with plenty of different buns.
Also youtube has heaps of video walkthroughs if you do a search there too. :)

Thanks for all the replies people.

AJoifulNoise
February 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Favorite for everyday: Cinnabun, hands down. I can do it no matter how braindead I am in the morning. It always works.

Favorite for going out: Either Figure 8 or Braided Chinese Bun. They are more visually interesting.

Samikha
February 11th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Take a look at my signature :flower:

I don't really have a favorite, but I love the Orchid Wrap...it makes for a very secure yet easy-to-undo updo. Infinity buns are lovely. The Easy Hairstick bun looks very nice, partiularly if you adjust it a bit so it's less horizontal. Sock buns are beautiful and professional-looking.

...I love them all.:cool:

Lilylady
February 11th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Samikha, that is very helpful. Thanks for sharing!

bjt
February 11th, 2009, 02:26 PM
The Easy Hairstick bun looks very nice, partiularly if you adjust it a bit so it's less horizontal.

funny that you say that... any bun that I do with a hair stick needs to be horizontal or it will fall right out!
My go-to buns seem to be the easy-wrap bun and the nautilus bun, they're both really secure for me with a hair stick (I usually use a second stick just for visual appeal).
I use cinnabuns for a quickie but they only work for me if I have a particular kind of jaw clip, so its not something I use for going outside with.

Rhea
February 11th, 2009, 02:35 PM
My favourit bun is the lazy wrap bun ... I love him ,
all days and all nights .

Hello to all LHC´c :) this is my 2. post .

HairColoredHair
February 11th, 2009, 02:36 PM
A figure 8 with a ficcare or a cinnabun with wavelength pins. :D

eresh
February 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
The pinless braided bun with a fork, or a rosebun with amishpins

Teazel
February 11th, 2009, 03:00 PM
The nautilus bun. Quick, easy, secure, and looks good. :thumbsup:

Anje
February 11th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I think I'm also sticking with the nautilus bun. Easy and it stays put, even when other stuff won't. I'm also fond of the knot buns (KL Knot, Celtic knot) but they aren't reliable 100% of the time for me, and the nautilus is. Lazywraps fall right out for me.

Comfrey
February 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
My favourite at the moment is the cinnamon, mainly because I can do it :rolleyes:

patience
February 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Infinity bun is my favorite with a cinna-bun being a close second.

Queenie
February 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Right now I'm having a major orchid bun phase. I'm coming from a flipped bun phase, and the one before that was plain cinnamon bun with amish pins.

julya
February 11th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Inside out bun! Today it's in an infinity bun though.

Curlsgirl
February 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Figure 8 bun with a fork or stick or an inside-out bun with Amish pins.

Tangles
February 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I think the braided Chinese bun and folded bun are the most striking looking, personally. It will be a few more inches before I can try most of the hairstyles done here...

cobblersmaid
February 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I would have to say infinity, as it hold well, but the swirly bun is nice too. Am I the only one who thinks that the chinese bun looks like a bum? At least it does on me.

LittleOrca
February 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I love the figure 8 bun, if only I can get it to work just right for me and not look like a giant S. :)

My favorite look of one though is the rope-braid bun. I just cant get it to work yet. :(

Sarahmoon
February 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Rope braid bun. Can do it quite easily an it usually stays alright the entire day.

silkenblacksea
February 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I would have to say infinity, as it hold well, but the swirly bun is nice too. Am I the only one who thinks that the chinese bun looks like a bum? At least it does on me.

I think it looks like a bum too,:eek: though I try not to think about it. It is one of my favorites. I also like the sock bun, the infinity, and the rose bun. I have yet to master the last two.

LadyEliza
February 11th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I love the elegance of a french roll. I can do it until my hair starts to get to waist. At the moment (APL) it's about the only one I can do, other then a french plait, tucked under.

Deborah
February 11th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I like the flipped bun because it's easy and I can get it to work consistently. I use either a Starlites Fork or 5 or 6 tiny jaw clips to hold it.

LadyLongLocks
February 11th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Right now I am mostly doing a comfy cinnamon bun using multiple small claw clips. The clips distribute the weight so well and I can hide the clips under my hair. I can wear it all day.
Here is my demo of the Comfy Cinnamon Bun on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZEDOMF5ek

Hope you will try it. Hair sticks just don't work for me so I am addicted to these little clips as they are so easy,quick and secure!:agree:

AngelInDisguise
February 12th, 2009, 04:45 AM
My favourite bun is the Rose Bun - although it still takes months until I can try to do it with my hair. So I'd have to say it's my favourite to look at!

HotRag
February 12th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Braided bun or braided Chinese bun is my favorites. My hair is just enough to make these now (but I have to use the tassel).

What is Japanese bun?

Hypnotica
February 12th, 2009, 06:36 AM
The beak clip bun. Holds even better then a gibraltar bun and makes my hair look very thick.

MemSahib
February 12th, 2009, 06:53 AM
Bee Butt, which I wish had another name. Not very elegant.

kwaniesiam
February 12th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Infinity bun, though I can't do one right now and its iffy to hold depending on my length. I think thats why its my favorite, it makes my hair look thicker plus I can only do it every other few inches :)

may1em
February 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
For ease of use and low-hairtoy requirements - a cinnabun or Gibraltar bun.
For sheer prettiness - Dutch braids put up in a Chinese bun.

Aisha25
February 12th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I love the cameobun in signature and chinese braided bun there so pretty:crush:

Picknickerin
February 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
My favourite bun is the Rose Bun - although it still takes months until I can try to do it with my hair. So I'd have to say it's my favourite to look at!

Hi Angel, great to read you here. :)
I also like the Rosebun; but it looks terrible at me...you know, my two left hands..;)

Stevy
February 12th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I really like wrapped buns, and particularly Manderly's variant.

going gray
February 12th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Can't wait until I have some real length to make a bun!

WritingPrincess
February 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I like the figure 8 especially because I can do it with one stick and it looks really good.

Finoriel
February 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Favourite bun? Only one? Seriously, one like 1?
:p I can not only choose one. :D There are so many different ones I like to wear.

JamieLeigh
February 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I love the way the Chinese bun looks on thicker-haired people...but it just never looks right on me. Aesthetically, I would say that is my favorite.

On my own hair, my favorite is the infinity. It only takes one hair stick to secure it, and that's great for a busy mom. :)

Cinnamon Hair
February 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM
A celtic knot but the figure 8 is a close second.

aprilmay
February 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I am bad about following up and finding the name for the one I use. The bun in my avatar or some variation of that made with comb, fork or stick worn at various locations on my head. Sometimes, I part my hair for the bun or just pull it back smoothly.

natt i nord
February 13th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Celtic Knot and cinnamon :)

The first with Flexi, second with scrunchie.

Picknickerin
February 13th, 2009, 11:48 AM
One of my favored buns is a bun with two loops, in german we call it "Schlaufendutt". Help! How is the correct name in englisch?;)
I like the cinnabun an the log roll too.

herbgurl82
February 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
My favorite would probably be the orchid bun, the rope braided bun, the braided bun, and the flipped bun. I'm coming off of a flipped bun phase right now, and have my hair in a braided bun. I wish I could get my orchid buns to work though. They look so pretty, but I can't get the hang of flipping them. They always fall out!

Kimberly
February 13th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Figure 8, though I think Celtic Knot will be my favorite when my hair is a bit longer (or maybe when I have more practice at it) -- it's the most flattering bun I've worn so far, when it works for me.

desertrose
February 13th, 2009, 02:34 PM
my favorite is the sock bun cause it looks so big and the braided bun cause its pretty:cheese:

Su
February 13th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Since my hair is not very long by now, my common bun is the infinity, but I'm looking forward to the woven bun...

Yellowmoon
February 20th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Quite simple - Cinnamon and braided bun with pins or hairsticks.

MadPirateBippy
February 20th, 2009, 06:18 PM
My turd bun!

It's a mix between a bee butt bun and a cinnimon bun. It's not attractive but it gets my hair UP.

PetuniaBlossom
July 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
I love the Nautilus bun. First, because I can actually do it!! Second, because it lasts all day, very stable. Third, because it just looks so pretty.

jacqueline101
July 22nd, 2012, 12:00 PM
I like a plain old fashion bun.

Macaroni
July 22nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
I like a huge sock bun. "If you've got it, flaunt it." :)

jojo
July 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
The number 8 is my normal every day bun, I do the nat ( can't remember it's name) one too, though need some new ideas on buns as I'm getting a bit bored with my current ones.

Any ideas for buns for hip length hair which are easy, would be really appreciated!

jojo
July 22nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
I love the Nautilus bun. First, because I can actually do it!! Second, because it lasts all day, very stable. Third, because it just looks so pretty.

The nautilus that's the one I meant! And it is a pretty bun!

prettykitty
July 22nd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Nautilus bun. Even when I'm having a disagreement with my hair, it'll go into -and stay in- a nautilus.