PDA

View Full Version : hahahaha...My hair glistens green. :)

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I used Manic Panic in After midnight blue over my black. Well, it's been fading, and in certain light it looks green...like crow feathers?? lol :)

Hair pulled forward:
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/black%20hair/misc081.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/black%20hair/misc080.jpg

And now, for some camera work...
I pulled my hair in front of my face, sat in the sun, turned on the macro, and put the camera under my hair infront of my face. This is where the green shows. :D

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/black%20hair/misc074.jpg

I like it. :)

sahiba
February 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
My God :surprise: its actually green .But what a shiny green , it looks lovely:) No wonder you like it .

spidermom
February 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
You know what? I just looked at your join date, which is only a few months after my join date, and your hair has been just about the same length (plus/minus a few inches) the entire time because you won't leave the color alone. Did you realize that?

AJoifulNoise
February 10th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Oooooh! That's awesome.

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:27 PM
:D thanks. :) I like the idea of crow feathers. lol It doesn't look green in regular light, just when it hits it right, so I don't mind. Besides, my sunsilk black shine shampoo might end up toning it somewhat. I plan on doing my roots soon anyways. :)

Katahdin
February 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
It looks amazing!

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Oh, and I probably won't be redoing manic panic any time soon. It looked great...but oh my word...EVERYTHING turned blue when I washed my hair. The shower, my hands, nails, cuticles...too much! lol

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
You know what? I just looked at your join date, which is only a few months after my join date, and your hair has been just about the same length (plus/minus a few inches) the entire time because you won't leave the color alone. Did you realize that?

haha....I also realized that you have six times as many posts as me. :)

Aisha25
February 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Well I like it looks very cool:flower: One of a kind:wink:

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hehehehe thanks! :D

rapunzhell13
February 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM
So are you going to grow it out black?

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah. I like ash tones in my hair, and my natural has too many whites to go natural. Any other color pulls red, and black stays blue black because of what I use and do. So, black it is! And honestly, I like black on me. I don't need any reason for myself. I just like it. When I hennaed my hair I had to be careful with my make up colors and I didn't like that. With black, I can do whatever's in my makeup tower...lol which is a lot. :D

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I can honestly say I wish I would have never bleached it before, but now I know two things for sure now. One, henna is not for me. Neither the color or the way it killed my curls. And it did kill my curls. It also caused tangles. And two, I really like black hair. :D

rapunzhell13
February 10th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cool. :) I think the black looks striking on you.

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
:) Thanks! :)

spidermom
February 10th, 2009, 08:00 PM
haha....I also realized that you have six times as many posts as me. :)

What a blabbermouth I am! (blabber-fingers?)

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 08:03 PM
What a blabbermouth I am! (blabber-fingers?)

lol While you were busy posting, I was busy coloring/cutting my hair? :)

spidermom
February 10th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I like crow-feather green-black. There's another black-haired member whose hair glows kind of plum or purple (no henna/natural) - that's pretty too.

Tressie
February 10th, 2009, 08:25 PM
The black really does suit you!! It looks shiny and bouncy too! (o:

Demetrue
February 10th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I love raven black hair - so striking and mysterious.

Coriander
February 10th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Beautiful...

I especially love the picture when you had the camera under your hair looking out at the sun. It's very artistic :)

RancheroTheBee
February 10th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I did this same thing in the 10th grade, using the same products, except I was completely revolted when it happened. See, my hair is naturally quite light, especially around the underlayer, so it was this weird peacock shade at the roots; green some places, blue in others, but black on the length.

Then, I dyed it black a few years ago, only to remember too late that my eyebrows are a shade of white gold if I don't color them in.

And now you're making me miss black hair. How?! :p

BlackfootHair
February 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Lol Revlon makes a nice black eyebrow pencil complete with tinted eyebrow gel on the other end. :)

RancheroTheBee
February 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I know. But then my boyfriend goes to hug me and the oil from my skin transfers the makeup to his shirt, leaving little eyebrow shaped specters on his clothes. It's kind of embarrassing. :ponder:

Angellen
February 11th, 2009, 12:52 AM
How interesting! I'm glad you're having fun with it!

DecafJane
February 11th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Those are awesome photos. I really like the colour, too. How does it look with your skin tone?

BlackfootHair
February 11th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Yeah, I know. But then my boyfriend goes to hug me and the oil from my skin transfers the makeup to his shirt, leaving little eyebrow shaped specters on his clothes. It's kind of embarrassing. :ponder:

LOL That's awesome! :)

BlackfootHair
February 11th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Those are awesome photos. I really like the colour, too. How does it look with your skin tone?

I think it goes well. :)
This is with it pulled forward in front of my face as well, only you see some of my face.
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/blackfoot_hair/black%20hair/misc079.jpg

lora410
February 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
here we go with your wacky experiments again :lol: Did you cut again?

kwaniesiam
February 11th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I like it :)

I used the after midnight blue once a while back, it was fun but does fade green and stains EVERYTHING blue. The tub looked like I murdered a smurf after rinsing :lol: Do you think you're going to keep this color now, or maybe try henna and indigo?

rhubarbarin
February 11th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Balckfoothair, I think you're one of the few people I have seen who looks fantastic with their hair dyed black. I just hope you keep liking it and get to some serious growing in the next year or two! Can't wait to see you at 35" (maybe you'll still have some green-black ends).

BlackfootHair
February 11th, 2009, 09:37 AM
here we go with your wacky experiments again :lol: Did you cut again?

haha, no, I last cut it several months ago, it's in my blog somewhere. I have just been taking care of it since my last cut. I was going to trim, but had the bleach still in the ends, so I cut quite a bit off in my "trim". lol But my hair stopped tangling after that, so I knew I got rid of a lot of damage.

BlackfootHair
February 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I like it :)

I used the after midnight blue once a while back, it was fun but does fade green and stains EVERYTHING blue. The tub looked like I murdered a smurf after rinsing :lol: Do you think you're going to keep this color now, or maybe try henna and indigo?

hehehe, Yeah, I thought of Smurfs quite a few times when washing my hair. lol My tub is still stained. Although I'm sure the white hand towels I have soaking in detergent and bleach is going to get the tub sparkling white. :)

Yeah, I'm going to stick with black. No henna and indigo because henna just kills my curl. :(

BlackfootHair
February 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Balckfoothair, I think you're one of the few people I have seen who looks fantastic with their hair dyed black. I just hope you keep liking it and get to some serious growing in the next year or two! Can't wait to see you at 35" (maybe you'll still have some green-black ends).

hehe, thanks! Yeah, after a lot of reflecting, I've realized I've spent the majority of my adult life with dark hair. Whether it be dark dark brown, plum black, blue black, whatever...I always go back to dark dark hair. I've stopped beating myself up for not wanting my natural color...well, natural with the whites. lol No, black isn't my natural color. Oh well, I think it looks nice on me and there are plenty of people in this world who dye their hair a different color than what they were born with and look fine. :)

wintersun99
February 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
oh - hey - that brings back bad memories of bleaching my indigo :D

Aisha25
February 11th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Well now I am wondering which black dye will look good and not give you green highlights:hmm:

Oskimosa
February 11th, 2009, 10:02 AM
That's funny... a lady with waist-length hair, dyed a green-black-brown came into my store the other day. I kept trying not to stare at her hair and ask her what happened so I might give her some advice on fixing it. Now I'm glad I didn't put my foot in my mouth, maybe she wanted it! It just kindof looked like she had put "ash brown" dye on her hair and it went green... or dyed over compound henna... that's the thing with alternative colors. How do you know when it looks like you MEANT to do that? :p

BlackfootHair
February 11th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Well now I am wondering which black dye will look good and not give you green highlights:hmm:

lol Loreal color gems in Blue black. :)

rchorr
February 11th, 2009, 11:35 AM
At least you got a pretty color of green! We all know the other kind! :-/ That's pretty cool!

RCHORR'

suicides_eve
February 12th, 2009, 01:21 PM
it dose look like crow feathers lol, you hair is really gaining some progress too

Amara
February 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Oooh I love it! I love one of a kind colors. :)

aprilmay
February 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I like the shot from under your hair that picks up the green well. How fun!