PDA

View Full Version : Sulfate and Cone free duo

atlantaz3
February 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I am wanting to find a recommendation for a sulfate free shampoo and cone free conditioner in the same product line. Any suggestions? In the US, willing to do some seeking - whole foods not close but within traveling range.

teela1978
February 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Trader Joe's has some nice sulfate/cone free combos, not sure if you have one near you though.

rose_in_bloom
February 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Aubrey Organics has fabulous sulfate/cone free products. And if your whole foods doesn't have it, they can probably order it for you. And Vitamin Shoppe will have it as well.

Jeni
February 10th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I wish I could remember the name, I've found it at Walmart, CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens. Both bottles are pretty short and round, comes in different flavors-Coconut is the one I remember the most but I think Olive Oil was another one.

I have used the coconut. Smells awesome. If I was going to go back to sulfate and cone free I would probably go back to this.

* I should add that I'm pretty sure the conditioner is cone free, the shampoo says its sulfate free though*

Xandergrammy
February 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I wish I could remember the name, I've found it at Walmart, CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens. Both bottles are pretty short and round, comes in different flavors-Coconut is the one I remember the most but I think Olive Oil was another one.

I have used the coconut. Smells awesome. If I was going to go back to sulfate and cone free I would probably go back to this.

* I should add that I'm pretty sure the conditioner is cone free, the shampoo says its sulfate free though*

Is it Organix?

Jeni
February 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Yep that's it. They seem to have way more "flavors" on the website then I could ever find at the store, makes me almost want to try and go cone free again. I'm a sucker for yummy smells which is why I just bought some dairy whip...when will I learn to just stick to one thing?!

Xandergrammy
February 10th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Yep that's it. They seem to have way more "flavors" on the website then I could ever find at the store, makes me almost want to try and go cone free again. I'm a sucker for yummy smells which is why I just bought some dairy whip...when will I learn to just stick to one thing?!

I think some of us are not meant to stick to one thing. I know I've tried many times and failed. :gabigrin:

rose_in_bloom
February 10th, 2009, 08:18 PM

Actually, all Organix products have lots of cones in them, so you would probably love it! :) And I agree, their scents are just heavenly. The coconut milk and the vanilla silk are my favorites, but they're all great.

Jeni
February 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Yea, I'm stuck on the Organixs website looking at all the pretty flavors (the mandarin olive oil says it has "weightless silicones" in it btw) and thinking about trying them again...My hair likes cones, I know this, so why I cant just stick to what it likes?!

Jeni
February 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Actually, all Organix products have lots of cones in them, so you would probably love it! :) And I agree, their scents are just heavenly. The coconut milk and the vanilla silk are my favorites, but they're all great.

Really? I just saw that the mandarin olive oil says it has silicone but I didnt notice the others saying they did (but I didnt look at the ingredients). I have used the coconut ones before, the conditioner didnt act like it had cones, maybe it just have very little? I got none of that slip that cones give me.

plainjanegirl
February 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
yes the organix shampoo is sulphate free and there are cones in the conditioner.
Also I saw on a website that loreal is coming out with a sulphate free shampoo.

Copasetic
February 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Burt's Bees products are all sulfate and cone free. I really like the Moisturizing raspberry and Brazil nut one.

Darkhorse1
February 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Burts Bees gets a lot of good reviews. I didn't mind the conditioner, but I need cones for my hair. Just works best for my life style. Hopefully you can find the products you are looking for.

EtherealJane
February 11th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I'm pretty sure Nature's Gate products are sulphate and cone free. At least I know that the hemp conditioner is cone free--it's on my "must purchase" list, and I don't use sulphates or cones either. Check the reviews section of the site. Almost always, someone has already typed out the ingredients so you can know for sure. :)

rose_in_bloom
February 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Nature's Gate products are sulphate and cone free. At least I know that the hemp conditioner is cone free--it's on my "must purchase" list, and I don't use sulphates or cones either. Check the reviews section of the site. Almost always, someone has already typed out the ingredients so you can know for sure. :)

The regular Nature's Gate products in the white bottles actually do have sulfates, but the Nature's Gate Organics line is sulfate-free. And I think all their conditioners are cone-free too, but I'm not positive.

Ash
February 11th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I think Giovanni products are sulfate and cone free (not 100% sure if C12-14 olefin sulfonate is a sulfate though). I can recommend the 50:50 Balanced shampoo and conditioner. I have used them as my primary hair care for about 4 years now with no problems. I don't know if you live around any Kroger grocery stores, but some of the branches with a Natures Market area carry these products.

Shampoo ingredients (50:50 Balanced):
Aqua (purified water) with rosemary (rosemary officinalis) oil*, nettle (uritica dioica) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil*, birch leaf (butula alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil*, clary (salvia sclarea)*, lavender (lavandula angustifolia)*, coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara)*, yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil*, mallow (malva sylvestris)*, horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil*, soybean protein (glycine soja)*, C12-14 olefin sulfonate (coconut derived), cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, sodium chloride (sea salt), and grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

Conditioner ingredients (50:50 Balanced):
Aqua (purified water) with *rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (Uritica dioica) oil, *thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil, birch leaf (Butela alba) oil, *chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil, *clary (Salvia sclarea), *lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), *coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara), *yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (Malva sylvestris), *horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (Glycine soja), tocopherol (vitamin E), acetamide MEA, cetyl alcohol (plant derived), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).*Certified organic in accordance with California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

Eryka
February 15th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Anything by ABBA meets your requirements. I'd recommend the Moisture Scentsation.

http://www.amazon.com/Abba-Pure-Moisture-Conditioner-Sensation/dp/B0015KMPXE/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_1/192-6582369-6054530