PDA

View Full Version : rogue hair!

helen2806
February 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I just found the oddest hair on my head which is different to my usual hair:

- black
- extremely coarse
- perfectly straight

This is the total opposite of all the rest of my hairs (as far as I can tell...), where do these freaks of nature come from?!

Euphony
February 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
OMG I do that too! Those buggers are as thick as straw, super straight and black, black, black. I'm 18 years older than you...I have a lot more of them on my head now - see what you can look forward to!?! :D

wintersun99
February 10th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I have one of those in my right eyebrow, twice the size of the others, black and very coarse. So weird! :D

Peter
February 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Haha most of my hair is like that. Really black, coarse, and relatively straight. I have a single hair on the top of my head that's bright red. :D

Jeni
February 10th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I found one of those the other day while S&Ding. It wasn't black but it was darker brown and OMG thick, it felt weird to cut it (had a split). I normally can feel it when I cut through my hair but this strand I swear felt like I was was cutting through heavy thread.

I know people get these all the time so me having one doesn't surprise me, it more that I have never noticed it before!

MAO
February 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
That's okay, a hairdresser pointed out a corkscrew grey hair hiding in the back of my DD's (who was then 6) head and she has thick dark brown straight hair. I was like, wth?!! Hmmmm, I wonder if its still there.....

Katze
February 11th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I have everything from translucent, straight, super-F, pale ash blonde hairs (crown) to M, dark brown, 2c wavy hairs at my nape. However, I've also found 1 or 2 hairs that look like black horsehair (kinky, shiny, coarse) growing out of my own head.

The first time I saw one I could not believe it, since it was so radically different from the rest of my hair. I chalk it up to my genetic mixture and the mixing of peoples throughout Europe...

Drynwhyl
February 11th, 2009, 09:53 AM
oh, I have those too, but mine are curly. Very dark and coarse, like wire :D
My father and my sister also have these, so it may be genetic. :shrug:

Anje
February 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I've got a few of those. I claim mutant follicles.

SolSara
February 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I agree with Anje on where they come from. :) I have those too, single strands that always come in the same place and are so different from my normal hair you wouldn't believe it. My favorite is a fiercy copper 3c-strand, coarse as a strand from a horse tail, that grows at the top of my head. I use to pluck it as soon as I see it, otherwise it can be sticking right up even when it's several inches long. :bigeyes:

Pixna
February 11th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I've got some of those, but they seem to be only the gray ones. At first they didn't match anything else on my head (or eyebrows). Now they are taking over the place! Aaaccckkk!!! :blueeek:

Amara
February 11th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Little rebel noncomformist follicles! How adorable! Cherish them as an expression of your inner wild card.

Nightshade
February 11th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Dammit, I was hoping this was about Rogue from the X-Men's hair so Pegs would posts pics of her hair from when she did that. It looked badass awesome!

Gingevere
February 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I have a pretty good mix of hairs on my head, but every once in a while I find a really thick, wiry, dark red one that looks like it's been hennaed. Doesn't even look natural, it's so red! Very weird...

Sissy
February 11th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I've got some thick, coarse black ones like that too. I also have some bright white ones which are also coarse and thick :)

Sissy
February 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Dammit, I was hoping this was about Rogue from the X-Men's hair so Pegs would posts pics of her hair from when she did that. It looked badass awesome!

I was also thinking this post was going to be about hair like X-Men's Rogue

MadPirateBippy
February 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Every time I pluck one of these hairs on my head, the bulb is weird and messed up. I attribute it to somehow damaged or mutant follicles.

On me they tend to split even easier than the rest of my hair- le sigh! I don't pluck them anymore, but they seem to require a different sort of hair care than what I give the rest of my hair to be happy.

Anje
February 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
On me they tend to split even easier than the rest of my hair- le sigh! I don't pluck them anymore, but they seem to require a different sort of hair care than what I give the rest of my hair to be happy.
Really? My big coarse black ones seem near-indestructible.

Then there are the occasional 4-ish hairs that I get growing out of my part. They've even got tapered ends, so I know that they're not stretched and broken hairs that have kinked up. Those get plucked!

Tinyponies
March 11th, 2019, 06:26 AM
I knew there must be a thread about these hairs somewhere!

I found one this week that is the opposite of my hair - super thick, almost black and with a very strong and random zig zag texture all the way down. It was from the back of my head and about 5 inches long! Now I cannot find it again!!

lapushka
March 11th, 2019, 06:39 AM
I knew there must be a thread about these hairs somewhere!

I found one this week that is the opposite of my hair - super thick, almost black and with a very strong and random zig zag texture all the way down. It was from the back of my head and about 5 inches long! Now I cannot find it again!!

I have this at the left back side of my head (lower side) as well. At a raised mole. It doesn't go much past 3 inches, I don't think, but it's very thick, coarser than coarse, is super curly (ziggy zags as well) and it's... odd.

But also very normal!

Tinyponies
March 11th, 2019, 07:05 AM
I have this at the left back side of my head (lower side) as well. At a raised mole. It doesn't go much past 3 inches, I don't think, but it's very thick, coarser than coarse, is super curly (ziggy zags as well) and it's... odd.

But also very normal!

What fun! Makes perfect sense that a mole in the scalp could produce these hairs. Wonder if that accounts for mine too. I have a mole on my thigh that grows a beast of a hair but never more than an inch long.

lapushka
March 11th, 2019, 07:51 AM
What fun! Makes perfect sense that a mole in the scalp could produce these hairs. Wonder if that accounts for mine too. I have a mole on my thigh that grows a beast of a hair but never more than an inch long.

That could be it. Sometimes you hit your head and that is all a follicle needs to grow a wonky hair. I mean... it's puzzling. But still everyone has hairs that are odd or out of the ordinary. Hair is not a uniform thing.

Starchild494
March 11th, 2019, 08:01 AM
I have those rogue hairs and found them to be easier than regular to pull out. My grey/silver is a different texture than my normal mousy brown. I havent noticed any in a while, but I also havrnt been looking for them either