PDA

View Full Version : Feedback, please. Am I a 2a or 2b?

scalawaggirl
February 10th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Please help me figure this out. I vacillate between the two (2a or 2 b). I've looked at the hair-typing page that I found from a link here some time ago and it looked to me like I was more 2b from the example pictures but I still wonder, if this is correct.

This picture is how my hair waves normally so it's a good indication. It's naturally air-dried w/a leave-in (shea, coconut and condish).

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/scalawaggirl/Hair/CompareFeb.jpg

Niphredil
February 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
My own hair is a mixture of all three type-2's so if you doubt, you can always say you are between 2a and 2b but definitely a 2 ;)

I voted 2b if you want a single classification. It looks like braidwaves but prettier :D

2b - shorter, more distinct S-waves (similar to waves from braiding damp hair)

Euphony
February 10th, 2009, 12:27 PM
hahaha mine too goes from 2a to 2c, so I put mine as 2a/2b :D

I've seen a few on this forum that their waves in their pictures look very much like yours but they classify themselves as 2c - so it seems to be a hugely open court on the 2's.

SpecialKitty
February 10th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure about which you are, but I just want to say WOW - you have pretty hair! :thudpile:

I think if it was shorter, it might even curl more. You may even be a 2c under the right circumstances.

Áine
February 10th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Your hair looks almost exactly like mine (though a different color), and I classify myself as a 2b/C.

scalawaggirl
February 10th, 2009, 01:45 PM
My own hair is a mixture of all three type-2's so if you doubt, you can always say you are between 2a and 2b but definitely a 2 ;)

I voted 2b if you want a single classification. It looks like braidwaves but prettier :D
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. And I thought I was going to be able to pin it down. ;)

hahaha mine too goes from 2a to 2c, so I put mine as 2a/2b :D

I've seen a few on this forum that their waves in their pictures look very much like yours but they classify themselves as 2c - so it seems to be a hugely open court on the 2's.

I'm beginning to see that the 2s are open! I suppose I did right in staying in the middle w/my self-classification of 2b. LOL

I'm not sure about which you are, but I just want to say WOW - you have pretty hair! :thudpile:

I think if it was shorter, it might even curl more. You may even be a 2c under the right circumstances.

Thank you! It's been improving of late and you may be right about the 2c thing, if it were shorter and I was doing CO like now. I won't find out, though, because I've vowed to not cut my hair again. :)

Your hair looks almost exactly like mine (though a different color), and I classify myself as a 2b/C.

Uh oh. :)

Thanks, everyone for your comments. It's been quite helpful.

rags
February 10th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I've no idea what your classification is, being a newbie and a straightie, but I just wanted to say how gorgeous your hair is! I love the color and the shine!

Honey39
February 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I kind of thought it was a 2c to be honest - you have very pretty hair

Vainjane
February 10th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I would say 2c also, very pretty. I have 2a, which lays flatter when over oiled or conditioned, but I can coax it closer to 2b/c if I use spay gel and scruch.

teela1978
February 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
It looks like 2b to me, but I would think that with a little product you could get a lot more curl.

scalawaggirl
February 11th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Rags, thanks for your comment. :) I used to work with a girl who had similar wave (but she was definitely a 2c) and I recall always loving her hair because she had the prettiest highlights that followed the waves. While mine doesn't do that exactly, it's close and I just realized it!

Honey, Vainjane and teela1978, thank you all. Two 2c votes and a 2b, then? :) I think it would be possible to coax more curl and I'll try to do that at some point in my experimentation. I have Boots Curling Cream and it works well for clumping but I have to use a lot and it dulls the shine. :( I must admit that I'm resistant to trying more because I'm tired of testing commercial products right now.

Niphredil
February 11th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Be reminded that the hair-typing system assumes hair in its natural, air dried state. No combing/brushing after washing, no leave-ins, no scrunching etc.
This isn't exact science of course, but if your hair needs a lot of help and/or product to form actual curls rather than waves, you are more likely to be a 2a-2b. If it dries naturally with a few spirals, then you could be a 2c.

scalawaggirl
February 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Be reminded that the hair-typing system assumes hair in its natural, air dried state. No combing/brushing after washing, no leave-ins, no scrunching etc.
This isn't exact science of course, but if your hair needs a lot of help and/or product to form actual curls rather than waves, you are more likely to be a 2a-2b. If it dries naturally with a few spirals, then you could be a 2c.

I agree. Hair was combed after washing and I did put a leave-in of shea/coconut/conditioner and then air-dried. Without that leave-in, my hair would be frizzy and likely more wavy as the combing should logically have broken up the curl somewhat.

I'm fairly convinced I'm a 2b; especially since it's a bit subjective. ;)

Anje
February 11th, 2009, 10:24 AM
I'd say you're at least 2b. 2as have really lazy waves, your hair is quite decidedly wavy. You might even be 2c if you get curls on the ends with any regularity.

So 2b or 2b/2c.

mugglemomof3
February 11th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I voted 2b. Either way, I'd absolutely love it if my hair would wave like yours! :D

scalawaggirl
February 11th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Anje, thanks for the descriptive on 2a; very helpful.

mugglemomof3, thank you! I'm telling you, I've been really not-so-happy w/my waves in the past and how frizzy they used to get without product; however, things are improved since going CO, adding catnip, and using Fox's leave-in. So, all in all, I'm getting comfortable being a wavy without the annoyance of frizz.

Ryanne
February 11th, 2009, 10:59 AM
I'd say 2b. The waves are very pretty.

Silver & Gold
February 11th, 2009, 11:33 AM
My hair can't decide what type it is either. It depends on so many things. What I can tell you is that it is very perty!

daydreamer
February 11th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I would say 2b or even 2b/2c -- definitely not A! You have gorgeous hair!!!

ItalianFlower
February 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Pretty! ^_^. That is all.

Stacy_E
February 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Your hair and the waves in it are beautiful! I voted 2b but I really lean towars 2b/2c.

going gray
February 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I have no idea either...just wanted to have you have lovely hair, it's a beautiful color.

Sissy
February 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I voted 2b. Beautiful, shiny 2b :)

DaveDecker
February 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
2b or not 2b? That is the question. :silly:

scalawaggirl
February 12th, 2009, 05:22 AM
2b or not 2b? That is the question. :silly:

ROFL, too funny, Dave. :D

Thanks to everyone else for your help and comments. I really appreciate it.

Amoretti
February 12th, 2009, 06:30 AM
2B. Mines a 2A and it isn't as wavy as yours. :)