PDA

View Full Version : I didn't think this would happen to me...

Lamb
March 29th, 2008, 03:50 PM
So, after months of ranting about my hair, I may have something to celebrate now. I am growing out layers (had too major trims to achieve an all one length hair) and lately, I noticed how much thicker my hair looks with more of it being the same length. (I have about half an inch between the bottom and the top layer, but that's hard to gauge with curly hair)
Today, I actually measured my low ponytail at the nape. My circumference used to be just 3" - now it's a little more than 3.5"! And I used to believe my hair is on the thin side of ii, but no, it's a good honest ii! :cheese:
I'M just so happy about it - I know some of this thickness may be cuticle poof because I have dry hair, but heck... it's still something to celebrate, isn't it?

akurah
March 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Sounds like the longest hairs may be at an artificial terminal from trimming and the rest of the hairs are in a real big hurry to catch up and grow longer.

Congrats.

tomm
March 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Something to celebrate indeed, Lamb!! Congratulations!!

FrannyG
March 29th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I agree! A celebration is in order!! Congratulations from a wistful 2.5 inch circumferenced LHCer!!!! :happydance:

rubyann
March 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You gained thickness? How cool! Wish my hair would learn from yours, as mine is fine/thin. Way to grow!

BlndeInDisguise
March 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
You gained thickness? How cool! Wish my hair would learn from yours, as mine is fine/thin. Way to grow!

Same here! Send out some of those thickening vibes, please! :D

Lamb
March 29th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks, everybody! I am especially happy since I am shedding more than usual right now - season change, I guess. At any rate, all and any plans of getting a haircut are erased for good!

I agree! A celebration is in order!! Congratulations from a wistful 2.5 inch circumferenced LHCer!!!! :happydance:
Frannyg - I have always envied the shine and healthy look of your hair, if only my hair would have half the lustre of yours!

girlcat36
March 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM
That's great lamb! Pictures, please!

Nynaeve
March 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Oh! I'm so happy for you!
Definitely a cause for celebration.
Congrats! :)

Little_Bird
March 29th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Congratulations Lamb! It must be so awesome to be just shy of blunt straight ends! I myself can't wait, but I have more than only 1 inch separating my layers. Anyways, I wish you the best luck on achieving the all one lenght hair! And it's so nice to ear about the circumference increase too!

biggeorge
March 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hey, I'm all for "cuticle poof" if it helps! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/e142.gif

Congrats. And it will only get better!

DecafJane
March 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hooray! Well done!

Alley Cat
March 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM
That is awesome Lamb :cheer:
It's great when you have something to celebrate:)

Carolyn
March 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
That's wonderful! Congrats on your success. That's a huge gain in thickness! :thumbsup:

DavidN
March 30th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I apolgize for being so late to pop in, Lamb, but I wanted to congratulate you on this wonderful increase in thickness, and that makes all of us happy!:happydance:

Lamb
March 30th, 2008, 06:38 AM
You guys are all so sweet, thank you! And to think that only a short time ago I contemplated another cut... :rolleyes:

ETA? Girlcat, I will take some pics or get someone to take them, at present my camera is in a nasty uncooperative mood! (So are my hands - nasty end-of-term tremor...)

Chamomile betty
March 30th, 2008, 06:41 AM
It's so hard to grow out those layers. Good for you!
I am so happy your finding your hair thicker than you thought.

truepeacenik
March 30th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Woot! Lamb.

now here are length vibes coming your way.

jessie58
March 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
:applause:beerchug::bottomsup::sun:Yay, Lamb, way to go!:cheese::D

Lamb
March 30th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you, all!! :wethree:

SchnauzerMom
March 30th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Congratulations! Your hair sounds great! I'm looking forward to getting the layers grown out too!

spidermom
March 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Hooray Lamb! I'm happy to hear this. I look forward to watching your hair grow longer. Pictures would help.

jojo
March 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
thats a brilliant achievement, i agree photos please ive not seen any since December!

Stagecoach
March 30th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wow, Lamb, how wonderful!!!!