View Full Version : long hair sighting in the news

intothemist1999
February 10th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I've always admired the hair of local (BC) marine biologist, Alexandra Morton:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/04/science/04prof.html
http://l.yimg.com/g/images/spaceball.gif

susiemw
February 10th, 2009, 12:25 AM
thanks for posting... not just for her long silver hair but for the article too.
If I had to pick another profession, it would be marine biologist studying whales (though probably not orcas).

now i'm heading back to read the rest of the article!

susan

Aditi
February 10th, 2009, 12:32 AM
She sure has great hair. I always wonder how people like her maintain their hair with such little time.

LittleOrca
February 10th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Her book Listening to Whales was fantastic and I highly recomend it.

SimplyLonghair
February 10th, 2009, 02:48 AM
She sure has great hair. I always wonder how people like her maintain their hair with such little time.
Many people are able to keep hair like that due to what some here call "Benign Neglect" In other words their hair does better when they leave it alone as much as possible. LOL She does have lovely hair!:D

punky
February 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I do admire her hair. The length and the color.

Elenna
February 13th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I like her hair too: long and silver.

Psalm186
February 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I loved this exerpt:

When Ms. Morton arrived at the Broughton, she was a graceful young woman with dark hair that flowed halfway down her back. “I thought she was another crazy hippie,” Billy Proctor, locally acknowledged as the Broughton’s master fisherman, said in an interview. She still moves gracefully but her flowing hair is gray now. And she long ago won Mr. Proctor’s admiration for her devotion to the Broughton and its wildlife.

I was a bit shocked to hear long hair spoken of in a positive way ;)

csm--carla
February 14th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Beautiful woman with lovely hair.

Also Intelligent and well spoken---what she's saying is worth hearing (don't eat farmed salmon--it ruins the environment for farmed salmon and other wild creatures).

AND

CUTE boat!! C-dory--just like ours!!:cheese:

Thanks for sharing this!!

Carla

sneakybea
February 15th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks for sharing that! She has gorgeous hair, and I really admire her work and her message!