PDA

View Full Version : About Bargello's regimen...

Samara Morgan
February 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone :grin:

The past few months I've been really interested in finding a suitable supplement regimen that actually works and I'm very inspired by Bargello's one. Has anyone had success following it or a simpler version? I think I've read about one member who had a great growth spurt whilst following it.

I'm fascinated in finding out about the growth rate experienced by LHCers who have started a regimen and stuck to it :agree:

I'm sorry if this sort of thread has already appeared many times but I'm excited about having a regimen lol :D And I hope I'm posting this in a suitable section :rolleyes:

morguebabe
February 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Its way too much for me to take.
I take vitamins maybe 3-4 nights a week
I take 1000mcg Biotin, B6, 1000mg Flaxseed, and 12000mg of Evening Primrose.

Melisande
February 10th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I base my supplement routine on Bargello and Igor. I take daily:
1 Centrum Performance, (http://www.centrum.co.uk/products/performance/)
1 Solgar CalciumMagnesiumZinc (Calcium: 1000mg, Magnesium: 400mg, Zinc:15mg)
600 mg omega 3 fish oil,
2000 g evening primrose oil,
5000 mcg Biotin,
2250 mg MSM,

and I'm very content with it. I had a growth increase in the first months that I took it, then growth dropped again to the 1.5 cm that I had before, but my hair looks better. The new growth has increased shine and I have baby hairs. Besides, my shedding has decreased. (More than a year ago, I also started Jessie's essential oil routine which gave my hair a visible, boost, too).

I will continue to take all these pills since I see improvement in my complexion, fingernails, I sleep better and suffer less from water rentention than before. I eat healthy food with a lot of fruits, vegetables and legumes, but I have to take medication and it seems that it robbed my body of some of the good things I eat.

So for me, this is the ideal routine and I find it very easy taking it all once I decided to do it. My dh says all I do is produce very expensive urine but... I think it really does something on its way.

Samara Morgan
February 10th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Thank you morguebabe and Melisande :)

Melisande I'm glad your regime is working well for you - I take a Centrum multivitamin too :agree:

Girltron
February 10th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I think it's possible to overthink the supplement thing re: hair growth. Any regimen that's complete for overall health ought to be adequate for good hair growth. I've done a lot of research on different products out there, and finally found what I think are the most complete vitamin and mineral supplements. To this I add flax seed oil for EFA's and I think that's all anybody ought to need unless they have a special health issue.

I picked one vitamin and a separate mineral because other products tend to be filled with pointless extras like herbs or even vegetable extracts. Minerals are bulky so when you take a combined product, the doses are limited to avoid having enormous pills or the need to take many per day. I wanted completeness without having to take buckets of pills.

Nature's Plus Just Vitamins: http://www.naturesplus.com/products/productDetail.asp?criteria=search&searchVar=3050&productnumber=3050&category=14

and Country Life Total Mins: http://www.country-life.com/moreinfo.cfm?Category=10&Product_ID=173

Plus Barlean's flax oil: http://www.barleans.com/flaxoil.asp#

jojo
October 5th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I would like to bump this thread up.

As somebody who previously thought taking vitamins for hair growth were a total waste of money; I am eating my words!

My hair was growing so slow, that I thought id give Bargello's vitamin regimen a go, though I take country life maxi hair not GNC HSN. I have to say my experience with this regimen has been very positive.

I started using Bargello's vitamin regimen as I had read some brilliant reviews around 12 weeks ago now. within the first fortnight I noticed my skin appeared more even in tone and psoriasis on my scalp had all but gone. The week later my nails not only started growing but the whites are really white and not there normal creamy colour...good so far yeah?

Ok I thought typical trust me to be the on who's hair doesn't benefit but 10 weeks into the program and my hair suddenly seemed longer and thicker. Now I had indigoed a few weeks prior to this, so it may have been to do with that and all but my hair, especially near the scalp feels very soft. My hair at this point measured 29.5" and I got my daughter to trim 1.5" off due to split ends on the 18th Sept, I am an all or nothing person! however here is the fascinating bit today I measured 4 times in all and I am back to 29" in just 17 days, please also bear in mind my hair this time 12 months ago was 27" so I am a painfully slow grower.

I shall measure again on the 18th of this month and who knows maybe I will get back to my pre-cut length?

Just thought id share and maybe others who are on Bargello's vitamin regimen could share their experiences which may help those of us who grow at a snails pace!!!

RachieBaby
October 5th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Sorry if im a complete idiot, but what exactly is the bargellos regimen? :o

Forever_Sophie
October 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
RachieBaby:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83

:)

RachieBaby
October 5th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Ahhhhh thank you! :)

podo
October 5th, 2010, 11:05 AM
You 'n me both RachieBaby!

What on earth is this? It sounds like a celebrity vitamin (or vitamin plan).

ETA - clicked Submit a few seconds after the answer.. nevermind. :)

RachieBaby
October 5th, 2010, 11:12 AM
hhahaha podo! Thats what I thought at first! :)
Its all very interesting, i think im going to try this out as I already take biotin but I dont take anything else at the moment, i think adding a multi vit may also benefit :)
*makes list of vitamins to buy*

Forever_Sophie
October 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I was so intrigued by this a decade or so ago, but I really can't imagine taking everything, plus I shouldn't take a high MSM dose (heart problems, you do have to check side effects on some innocuous sounding supplements).

I take the hair pill, Mega Vitamins for the Hair from Vitamin World, which contains 2000mcg biotin among other things. I've taken it on and off for maybe 9 yrs, and get visible results (growth-wise). I've taken 5000mcg biotin but the results weren't better, as your body eliminates whatever it can't use. When I'm out of this, I take a multi.

I also take Evening Primrose Oil (helps, to a degree, with shedding), iron, and Vit. D (1000 IU). I have calcium and fish oils, etc (worked in a health food store!), but really, I can't imagine swallowing sooo many pills/day.

jojo
October 5th, 2010, 11:46 AM
id recommend introducing each vitamin at 2 weekly intervals too, that way if any don't agree with you you will know which one it is!

I also split them into 2 doses rather than taking them all at once, oh and don't be dismayed if your pee turns yellow, mine did for just a week but is ok now and is not harmful its just the excess water soluble vits.

good luck!

jojo
October 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I was so intrigued by this a decade or so ago, but I really can't imagine taking everything, plus I shouldn't take a high MSM dose (heart problems, you do have to check side effects on some innocuous sounding supplements).

I take the hair pill, Mega Vitamins for the Hair from Vitamin World, which contains 2000mcg biotin among other things. I've taken it on and off for maybe 9 yrs, and get visible results (growth-wise). I've taken 5000mcg biotin but the results weren't better, as your body eliminates whatever it can't use. When I'm out of this, I take a multi.

I also take Evening Primrose Oil (helps, to a degree, with shedding), iron, and Vit. D (1000 IU). I have calcium and fish oils, etc (worked in a health food store!), but really, I can't imagine swallowing sooo many pills/day.

I take 1000mg of msm and find this is enough for me and I take them with a glass of milk so no upset stomach

RachieBaby
October 5th, 2010, 11:53 AM
id recommend introducing each vitamin at 2 weekly intervals too, that way if any don't agree with you you will know which one it is!

I also split them into 2 doses rather than taking them all at once, oh and don't be dismayed if your pee turns yellow, mine did for just a week but is ok now and is not harmful its just the excess water soluble vits.

good luck!

ahhhh that sounds like a good idea, i think i will start out at low dose's too then I can work up if I want :) im a bit worried about taking that many tablets though hmmmm