PDA

View Full Version : Curious about something

Darkhorse1
February 9th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Ok, I'm just curious--I've noticed some people on the bottom of this site, with red on their name and a score through it. When I click on, they are deemed 'banned'. Does this mean banned members are able to view the site but not post? I'm just curious in regards to people who might be trolls lurking on the site. Or, other creepy people.

dorothea-brooke
February 9th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I think even banned people can still read all the public areas of LHC. I mean, anyone can, so.... :shrug: I assume it means their access level is exactly the same as anyone unregistered.

But interesting question: if they actually log in under their banned name, does that mean they then have no access at all? I'll be interested to see the official answer to this!

Pegasus Marsters
February 9th, 2009, 09:43 AM
It means they're trying to log in, but they won't actually succeed.

dorothea-brooke
February 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
But they can still see all the public areas of course. :)

Pegasus Marsters
February 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I want to know what the "LOL YOU'RE BANNED!" page looks like when they try and log in. :silly: That said it's probably far more amusing in my head (It includes animations and all sorts!) than it would be in real life.

Actually, now I read that I know that at least one mod is going to go "O OK, BAN PEGS!" :lol:

dorothea-brooke
February 9th, 2009, 10:22 AM
And another interesting question: is one told one is banned in advance, or does one find out in trying to log on and seeing all the animations? :silly:
I mean, are you just happily going along one day posting creepy messages about wanting to see pictures of naked grandmothers with their long hair spread out on their ironing boards, and then all of a sudden you can't log in? Or is there an official notification first?

Pegs, perhaps you can enlighten us about this when you get banned. :lol:

angelthadiva
February 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
People get warned--They don't just get the boot w/o warning.

Most times I've seen the MOD team give tons of chances prior to banning...

Some infractions are done perhaps unknowingly, and are against LHC policy...Once the member is made aware of the policy, they apologize for breaking it...OR they will get into a heated debate on why the policy sucks and we all suck and our hair should fall out etc...Then LHC isn't what they though it would be nice, and we are all mean and we are only mean because we are jealous of them then they leave...erm, flounce.

dorothea-brooke
February 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks, angelthadiva. I guess since this all goes on behind the scenes, we really don't know how it all happens.

But I have to say, the world of TLHC as you describe it is a fascist, forbidding place, where Mods run amok crushing the spirits and free speech of all who enter.
I am totally rethinking my desire to be a part of this community.....

That's it -- I'M OUTTA HERE!

:lol:

[Did I have you going for a second there? ;)]

HairColoredHair
February 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I think Dianyla said that a lot of the ones you see trying to log in that are banned are actually spambots (ie. computers too stupid to realize they're banned).

LeaM07
February 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
But I have to say, the world of TLHC as you describe it is a fascist, forbidding place, where Mods run amok crushing the spirits and free speech of all who enter.
Haha! The bolded part would make a great signature line for any Mod in need of one. :lol:

dorothea-brooke
February 9th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Haha! The bolded part would make a great signature line for any Mod in need of one. :lol:

Hee! Or a professor. :rolleyes:

harpgal
February 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
People get warned--They don't just get the boot w/o warning.

Most times I've seen the MOD team give tons of chances prior to banning...

Some infractions are done perhaps unknowingly, and are against LHC policy...Partially right....all infractions are done privately (not unknowingly) and are known only to the member who is receiving them.

But I have to say, the world of TLHC as you describe it is a fascist, forbidding place, where Mods run amok crushing the spirits and free speech of all who enter.There is a lot going on behind the scenes and the sole purpose of it all is to insure that things run very smoothly for everybody. The Mod Staff works very hard and remember, it is all volunteer work.

I think Dianyla said that a lot of the ones you see trying to log in that are banned are actually spambots (ie. computers too stupid to realize they're banned).That's right. Most of the strike-throughs in red that you see are spam bots that have been banned. When anyone tries to log in who has been banned, they see a screen which says, "permission denied".