PDA

View Full Version : Interesting observation

Tangles
February 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I get perfect curls when I braid my hair when wet, but NOT in a regular flat English braid. Instead, I put my hair in a ponytail in the middle of my head and braid that. The "lift" away from the nape seems to produce very bouncy curls. I will post some photos later!

A day later, my hair is still perfect. :confused: This very rarely happens to me. Maybe it's just a good hair weekend.

RancheroTheBee
February 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Really? My hair always does a funky indent thing if I try to hold it away from the nape. :(

Tangles
February 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Really? My hair always does a funky indent thing if I try to hold it away from the nape. :(

I didn't secure it tightly at the nape.

Sissy
February 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
hey, good for you! Perhaps you've found the secret to getting the bouncy curls you desire :)

Tangles
February 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
hey, good for you! Perhaps you've found the secret to getting the bouncy curls you desire :)

Maybe but experience has taught me that what works one day may not work another.

Seriously, my hair is growing fast. Even when curly it was still below APL. Also the last of my henna seems to be fading somewhat and my hair looks darker (which is what I wanted). I am really happy and excited right now.