PDA

View Full Version : New photos

Periwinkle
February 8th, 2009, 01:02 PM
The layers are on the way out! I should be rid of them by the end of the year, though I'll still have shaping to get rid of.

Click for a length shot (the same as my siggy, but bigger) (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1990&pictureid=31338)

and

Click for a ponytail! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1004&pictureid=31339) I was really surprised how good my hair looked in this style, but I rarely wear it like this any more (used to be my daily style) because of tangles.

I have been stuck at BSL so darn long now after trimming to get rid of some of the layers and believe me, I am more than ready to get out of this length. The only styles I can do are braids (English and French - I can Dutch braid but I'm slow and I'm not as keen on the look), cinnabuns with hairsticks and an untwisted bun with an elastic and little crocodile clips, all of which are beginning to get thoroughly dull. I used to be able do to figure 8s, but now that my hair is thickening up (ends being trimmed and thinning growing out), they just don't work any more :( Here's to another good few inches of hair boredom...

Demetrue
February 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Very pretty color - and that pony tail looks like it's getting close to waist.

chrissy-b
February 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
You're hair looks great! So thick and shiny! It looks a bit darker than I remember seeing in your previous siggy. Nonetheless, very beautiful. :)

Elphie
February 8th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. You're looking quite close to waist now!

Vivien'
February 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Wonderful update ;) The thickness and the overall volume are amazing !

Pixna
February 8th, 2009, 01:19 PM
OMG, what volume!!! Your color and length are stupendous. I am GREEN with envy!!!

SpecialKitty
February 8th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Gorgeous and healthy hair! Congratulations :applause Your color and shine are so pretty.

SchnauzerMom
February 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Wow your hair is very pretty. You're obviously doing all the right things for it.

Debra83
February 8th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Very nice. :)

Gumball
February 8th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Your hair looks great! I love the color and shine you've got going on.

Sissy
February 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM
very shiny, nice hair! Keep on growing!

tina1025
February 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Very pretty hair :)

NiAosSi
February 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Ohhh, shiny! Very thick and beautiful. You're almost waist.

peachrose
February 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Your pony looks great! Wow!

Alana2000
February 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Your hair looks really nice, thanks for sharing, I love the pictures on LHC.

kam984420
February 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Your pictures look awesome! Looks like you're getting real close to WAIST! Congrats!:cool:

Silver & Gold
February 8th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I'm chiming in with the rest. You have a beautiful head of hair. Lucky you!

Rohele
February 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Your hair looks nice and thick. I love the ponytail!

spidermom
February 8th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I'm so happy to see an update, very pretty.

sahiba
February 8th, 2009, 10:51 PM
:agape: OMG Your hair is as lovely as it could be .Love the volume, the shine , the colour . Its gorgeous.

Fillette
February 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Congratulations on your progress!!! Your hair looks so beautiful :)

LittleOrca
February 9th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Your hair looks fantastic!

Aditi
February 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Your hair is very lovely and specially the volume. Your ponytail is also very nice.

Lamb
February 9th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Your hair is beautiful! And the layers are barely noticable, I had to look really close to find them. :eye:

paper
February 9th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and so healthy looking!

Congrats on almost being rid of those pesky layers!

Periwinkle
February 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Thank you so much for the compliments everyone :) You've given me a real boost.

LutraLutra
February 9th, 2009, 12:42 PM
So pretty - the waves and the colour are lovely. :)

Johanna64
February 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Your hair is beautiful!!
It's so thick,healthy and shiny :)

Midnightluna
February 10th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Your hair is beautiful, lots of body and great looking waves, very nice.:cheese:

SimplyLonghair
February 10th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Really lovely hair! I think that it looks very thick and healthy!:cheese:

OhioLisa
February 10th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Lovely thick hair! Your hair looks so cute in a ponytail as well. Don't worry. As you gain some length, you will regain the ability to do your old styles, and then some. :)

patissegrietje
February 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM
:applause Beautiful hair! and my first thought was also; WOW she's almost at waist :)
Thanks for sharing pictures.

DiyaC
February 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Periwinkle,

You've got lovely hair. In your previous siggy pic, the ends looked a little frizzy but they look beautiful now. Can you tell me what you did to take care of the ends ? The ends of my hair are awful and I want to make them thicker and shinier.

Amara
February 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Even your ponytail looks WAY past BSL. You'll soon be waist!

Periwinkle
February 10th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Periwinkle,

You've got lovely hair. In your previous siggy pic, the ends looked a little frizzy but they look beautiful now. Can you tell me what you did to take care of the ends ? The ends of my hair are awful and I want to make them thicker and shinier.

Thank you so much for saying that - my work must have paid off!

The ends of my hair are much, much thinner than the rest, due to manic thinning and layers. I've been trimming slowly to remove that: I've been aiming for 1/4" trims every month since November, but I find it difficult to trim as little as that, so after my last trim on Jan 1st, I'm now trimming every 2 months (so 1st March will be my next trim). I reckon I'll be able to cut 1/2" more accurately.

I've also been making an effort to slather the ends in conditioner (CO washing has been great for this, and a lot of Aussie 3MM!) and to oil them particularly heavily, especially when my hair is wet. I used to oil when it was about 75% dry, but now I do it on hair that's only been air-drying for about 10 minutes and it's made a lot of difference.

My ends are noticeably thicker now and my bottom layer, which was the worst one, has been totally removed. It'll take a long, long time to grow out my thinning and shaping, but by the end of 2009, I should be layer-free!

Jorja
February 10th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Oh your hair looks so lovely and healthy! Really shiny and thick! Well done :cheer: