PDA

View Full Version : Dream hair

HeavyHenry
February 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
If you could do anything and I mean anything (including makeing up colours and defying gravity) to produce the most perfect hair what would it be?

I have two dream hair styles:
one would have it straight up in the air (hence the bit about gravity lol) just so I'd tower over everyone :D and It would be bright blue streaked with gold :P

the other would be rainbow coloured just because its cool

Amoretti
February 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I think everyone would have a different definition of "perfect" hair. :) It's hard to say because I find all hair types equally attractive.

HeavyHenry
February 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
That would explain the lack of response :P but surely you've had a dream with such hair that you were like wow! Want.

florenonite
February 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I want hair like Disney Princesses, especially the Little Mermaid. Fire engine red FTW!

Also, I'd love to be a metamorphmagus (the people in the Harry Potter universe who can change their appearance at will) so that I could try the bright red hair, and various other colours, lengths and textures. It would be brilliant :D

melrose1985
February 7th, 2009, 03:49 PM
dream hair for me is chocolate brown, shiny, and waist length!

Peter
February 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Actually I think I'd like my hair only a bit wavier. I'd also like it longer but you know I'm working on that. ;) Maybe a bright blue or red streak too, but some days I like it to all be jet black so I don't think that's much of an option for me. Especially since I'd need a lot of bleach.

Shorty89
February 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think classic or mid-thigh that is purple or blue would be awesome. But, I wouldn't do that to my hair as much as I might dream. I'd also want it to be a bit wavier than my hair is. Maybe a more solid 2b without the frizz.

Copasetic
February 7th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Waist length, S waves, and auburn. Oh and super shiny and healthy too :)

LawyerGirl
February 7th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Long and dark... like an espesso/dark chocolate color... with big, perfect waves... like a Victoria's Secret model. And while I'm dreaming... I want that model bed-head look when I wake up in the morning (my current morning-hair resembles Einstein more than anyone else).

Iylivarae
February 7th, 2009, 04:51 PM
A darker red, and more hair than I have... like 6'' circumference or something like that. That'd be perfect.

viking_quest
February 7th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Also, I'd love to be a metamorphmagus (the people in the Harry Potter universe who can change their appearance at will) so that I could try the bright red hair, and various other colours, lengths and textures. It would be brilliant :D

I would to. Then I could try out anything on my hair and if I didn't, I'd go back to normal.

Angellen
February 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I have a few dreams...

-Burgundy-black (black with that perfect crimson shine) and pin straight, waist, TB, or knee length.

-Deep plummy purple, TB length.

-My hair, but more manageable! That's what I think I'd love most of all--having my natural length without having to deal with awful snarls or knots so frequently!

LittleOrca
February 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM
My hair dreams are hair to the ground all one length without my current V-shaped look.

I also had this dream since I was little that I'd be able to braid my hair then tie it into a noose and wear it for Halloween or just for fun. I know! It's weird, but I thought it'd be neat! lol :D

Katurday
February 7th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Big bouncy dark plum perfectly curly hair. Shiny too.
Or pin straight dark plum shiny hair.
Or gently wavy dark plum shiny hair.

All of which are waist length.

Actually, if I grew my hair out and Manic Panic'd it purple, I'd have my dream hair.
*shrugs*

Chanteuse87
February 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Between waist and hip length, wavy with a few big spiral curls, healthy and shiny... and be able to color it whatever strikes my fancy without damaging it! I used to have beautiful honey golden hair as a little girl -- and then I grew up and inherited Sinclair-mousy brown :/ I've still got golden and red highlights in direct sunlight, but overall it looks dishwater blonde. I rely on sun exposure a little lemon juice in the summer to brighten up my hair, although I'm excited about trying chamomile soon.

Real dream color, though, would be dark chestnut with copper highlights!

Akiko
February 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
If anything is possible, I would like to have hair which can be changed to any color, any texture, any length with a push of a button!

I would like colors not only natural ones, but also iridescent, pearlized, glowing in dark.... It's mesmerizing!

zift
February 7th, 2009, 05:40 PM
My dream hair is my hair at ankle length but with less taper and finer strands and hmm lighter structure,zero weight:D

ETA:it really is a dream...

Aisha25
February 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Dream huh. I always dream to have very thiick hair and very heavy to my ankles all one length even the baby hairs and blacker than I have now.

krt1013
February 7th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Blindingly shiny, thick, wavy and multi-colored waist length hair. Pretty much my hair now, but twice as thick and four times as long.

Oh, and did I say shiny? I'll never be satisfied until my hair glows in the dark, I think! :D

paper
February 7th, 2009, 06:17 PM
1a, Waist length Plum-Black hair. :D

GlassEyes
February 7th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I have a few.

-My hair, only waist-classic length, and completely, naturally, snow white. It'd be so FREAKING awesome.

-S-waved classic length hair, black as night and ridiculously shiny.

-Pin straight collarbone length black hair with bangs. :P XD It'd be cool, and it's possible, if I want to pay ridiculous amounts of money, but I'd rather my hair long. Still, it'd be cool to have hair like that.

Also, all of these would have to be iii and fine as a single strand of silk, but unbreakable. They'd also have to move and be able to be used as a weapon and as extra hands. Bwahahaha.

Curlsgirl
February 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Honey golden mixed with caramel TB when curly 3A perfect curls.

MemSahib
February 7th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Pretty much what I have now except much thicker and less prone to splits, although really there is nothing wrong with what I've got.

tiny_teesha
February 7th, 2009, 06:56 PM
i think that 2c M iii hair has the best of all worlds. The colour? i love multi tonal hair, grey, blonde, rah rah red, auburn or honey brown.
That being said i do admire 1a-4b (is 4b the curliest?) hair types but i wouldn't want that on myself to care for as if hair is too straight it can be bothersome to shake it up, waves and unpredictable and show body, and curls seem so hard to look after! But they sure are nice to look at! :)
I like iii hair. The thicker the more gob smacking, but that could be because i hate my tapery thin hair!

Oberon88
February 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I would want that thick voluminous hair the animated princesses all seem to have (or most of them)
Like Odette from Swan Princess. Thick and classic length and effortlessly bouncy.

allege
February 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Dream hair. Super thick, like 3 times thicker than I have now and either super shiny black hair, or a good bright red hair.

Alu
February 7th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I would want hot pink hair that goes to mid-back, with bangs. Pink that won't ever wash out, or show my ash brown roots. XD

JamieLeigh
February 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I like florenonite's response...become a metamorphmagus, so you can create your own style of perfect whenever you want!! :D

Mine would be thick, and at LEAST classic length, and every different color you could think of, at least one a day until I've tried them all. :)

BranwenWolf
February 7th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Dream hair: I would have kept the red hair I was born with.

invisiblebabe
February 7th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I would have mind-controlled hair :D meaning, I would be able to will it to grow in whatever length and whatever color I wanted! Like, if I wanted to cut bangs, the next day I could wake up and have them grown out to BSL if I wanted. Or, if I wanted to become a natural redhead, I could will my hair to grow in red at the roots. :D Same goes for willing the hair type to grow in as I wanted.

Oh, and I'd totally want iii hair.

Guenever
February 7th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Disney's Jasmine's black classic/thigh length. thick, bouncy and perfect with no effort :D

... well, a girl can dream :P

Tornerose
February 7th, 2009, 11:31 PM
One of the disney princesses... Ariel & Aurora especially, they are always pictured with long vibrantly colured thick flowing hair that looks perfect no mater what they do

Aeasa
February 8th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Hm...mine would be TB length, slightly wavy, and shiny silver-blue. :)

Noctifer
February 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Dream hair hmm lets see. Waist lenght or longer and a bit more curly. When it comes to colour i would either like it a dark red or black or a bit deeper brown then that natrully mousy greyish brown i have. Thow the best would be a hair that could change colour after what i feel like having

CrystalStar
February 8th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Hmm...down to my tailbone, straight or wavy and cotton candy pink :p

That'd be so cool :)

Katla
February 8th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Same hair colour, maybe with a little bit more red in it... and long enough for a braid that would reach my tailbone :D A thicker braid would be nice as well, so more hair would be on the list, too. Shiny and healthy almost goes without saying.

Ranee
February 8th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Same as Crystalstar here: tailbone lenght and PINK!

Drynwhyl
February 8th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Naturally ginger\copper, big, poofy, curly and looong :)
I know a guy whose hair is like this, I melt every time I see it xD

kdaniels8811
February 8th, 2009, 08:05 AM
My current hair ... but tailbone length and twice as thick!

harpyangel
February 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
My dream hair is like Christine Daae (emmy rossum) in phantom of the opera, only waist length :)

Moiraine
February 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I want hair long enough to be able to join the social group here "knee and beyond". My own texture is OK to me but I wish it could stay the original dark-brown I had as a child and never go grey. I would like to have ankle-length hair that has a thick, blunt hem.....nice to daydream thanks OP for starting this thread:pegasus:

Carolyn
February 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM
It would be stick straight, twice as thick as it is now, super shiny with no split ends, and tailbone length. And my natural color. It would be my hair only better.

going gray
February 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Simply healthy glowing non frizz thick hair BSL & be able to do all those gorgeous updo's with only hairsticks holding it. Oh & have a glorious thick beautiful braid.

Pixna
February 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I would have mind-controlled hair :D meaning, I would be able to will it to grow in whatever length and whatever color I wanted! Like, if I wanted to cut bangs, the next day I could wake up and have them grown out to BSL if I wanted. Or, if I wanted to become a natural redhead, I could will my hair to grow in red at the roots. :D Same goes for willing the hair type to grow in as I wanted.

Oh, and I'd totally want iii hair.

Ditto to everything above!!! :gabigrin:

Meli
February 8th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Well, I have different dream hair. More realistic would be thicker and wavier, and thigh or longer. Depending on my genetics and health, my real hair at it's best might not be too different from my dream hair - perhaps not quite as thick and wavy, but not too far from it either. I just have to wait and see how it grows - any kind of improvement of what I have now will be a step closer to this dream hair.

My other dream hair, on the other hand, belongs more in fairytales than reality. I would like it to be very thick - about twice as thick as my normal thickness, but not heavy enough to cause hair-headaches. Wavy - about 2b, maybe 2b/2c, and ultrafine strands - soft as silk but also so strong that it never splits or breaks. I would like it to be really golden blonde, and so shiny that it looked like it was made of pure gold. Lengthwise, it would normally be somewhere in the midthigh-calf range, but I would also have the possibility to magically grow it to Rapunzel-length (or whatever length I wanted) overnight whenever I felt like it.

Sissy
February 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
classic or mid-thigh deep, dark brown, super shiny, and 1a pin straight. Zero frizz - so I literally wouldn't have to do anything to it except wash it and let it dry. I'd love to have the type of hair that only needs washing a couple times a week. Of course the hair would be dandruff and greasy scalp free. Also, I'd love to have the ability to do even the most difficult updos with ease.

Now on to the fantasy stuff....

I would like my hair to smell of a sweet natural scent like maybe sweet peas, lilacs or lily of the valley (perhaps I could change the scent whenever I wanted). That way wherever I went my beautiful long flowing tresses would leave behind a whiff of freshness. I'd like hair so strong that I could whip my head and grab objects from the other side of the room :cheese: Oh and when I was mad I could make my hair stand out to the sides as a warning to show others to back off.

OK, that was fun :o

HeavyHenry
February 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Im surprised none has oppted to have their hair shaped so there favourite pet could live in it :P mabye its a guy thing :p I saw one guy in france with his hair up in cones (it was bright purple) and live white rats running around them creepy or what? Imagine medussa hair style!! How awsome live snakes!! Anyone? No?:o

3azza
February 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah Medusa is great, i always thought my curls looked like medusa snakes when my hair was shorter and i used to wear it big and loose in all dimensions.
I think my dream hair is classic length + my hair as big and healthy as when it was shoulder length. I seem to lose volume and curl with length and henna :(

Teakafrog
February 8th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Ankle length, at least 6" circumference pony, solid 3C curl that NEVER TANGLES, but could straighten to 1A with one stroke of the brush, is always shiny, and changes color at will--black to blonde to red to silver. Oh, yeah--best of all worlds! :cheese:

Tangles
February 8th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I would be able to backcomb and blow dry my hair just for a change of pace.
And it would never tangle and would always be clean.

That's it

Amara
February 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hm... Maid Marian's hair from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

may1em
February 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Mine, but 6 inches longer and magically tangle-free. Also, I'd like the hair that I would have in bangs if it were straight to grow in straight. I'd look so good in bangs, but my hair won't play.

maunaloa
February 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
My dream hair would be waist length, super thick, jet black and stick straight.

squiggyflop
February 8th, 2009, 08:30 PM
magically tanglefree hair.. that was strawberry blond with deeper red highlights that glowed under blacklight.. and i wish it grew 12 inches a day so that i could cut it into all different styles and lengths every week.. i would cut bangs in one day and layers the next.. and i would never have to worry about split ends because i would be able to trim it every day.. oh and it would have a 7 inch ponytail.. yeah im that greedy.. and the hair would be super shiny and super light (so updos wouldnt hurt my head from being too heavy).. oh and it would only produce enough oil to have to be washed once a week.. and it would be straight until i commanded it to be wavy or curly..

Saraesa
February 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
My dream hair would be like the girls in Bollywood. Thick ultra dark blindingly shiny and waist length. :cloud9:

Lady Saraesa Sweet Maiden of the Beautiful Winds in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

RancheroTheBee
February 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Classic-length, bright red with S-waves and fairy tale ends. And it randomly sprays a perfume that smells like cupcakes. :p

Medievalhair
February 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I would want either green or firey red knee length and slightly wavy.

Debra83
February 9th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Everyday of the week a different colour!!!! And, every month a different type!!! Always long though. (maybe one week of the short - to appreciate the long again!!!) sigh...grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side...so this would help me tremendously. Okay, Merlin, wave the wand!!!! :magic:

Arctic_Mama
February 9th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Ooooh, my dream hair would be the color I had when I first did henna - a light, rich auburn - and 3b curls down to my thighs... the thickness I have now is great so I'd stick with that.

Of course I'd need my dream body to go along with my dream hair :lol:

Rimi
February 9th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Since I'm growing out the grey, to be able to have it instantly, without the skunk lines or even considering cutting off. Just be done with it. Oh, and thicker, stronger, shinier, of course.

Charli800
February 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Kneelength, tapered, with fairytale ends; I'd stick with my 1b "wave"; nut brown hair, but with auburn tints. It would billow, like the cape Tiffany aching gives to Granny Weatherwax; that is, it would stream out behind me without any wind and wouldn't tangle. It would be perfectly silky and shiny. . .

Shield31
February 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
In a few of Larry Niven's short stories about the future, he describes a technology that provides a person with very long hair, or very long scarves (or both), the ability to move around with their hair following along in perfect syncronization. So as you would walk about, your hair would follow your trail. Turning left, turning right, stopping and relaxing. Never tangling, never blown around by the wind. It would be a true extension of your movements. Without the 'hair-field" in operation, your hair acts just like normal hair. There is animation around that mimics his writing but I can't think of anything specific.

That is my dream hair. :)

Islandgrrl
February 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Ankle length, blunt and with deep S waves that start at the very top! I love my color, don't want to change anything about that except maybe having the grey magically disappear. Basically, I want hair that people gawk at. :silly:

Gimme five years and I'll let you know how it goes!

Juneii
February 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
hmm
one of my dream hairs would be golden blonde and curly - flowy and all princess like and comes down to my waist
and the other would be pure white and straight, and is at tailbone length

ahahaha, both are the exact opposite of my hair right now :P

RedStripe
February 9th, 2009, 03:32 PM
For ordinary "real life" hair, it would be a little longer than I have now -- at least waist length, and thicker, red throughout instead of just where the henna colors my gray streaks red and leaves the rest sort of red-tinged brown.

For fantasay hair, i go along with some of the others who'd love to be able to change their hair at will in all different kind of crazy ways. I think that most of the time I'd still want it long and flowy -- like the masses of wavy hair that spread out all over in Art Nouveau designs -- but with variations. Green and white diagonal stripes? Sapphire blue? Metallic gold? Midnight with sparkly stars? Also, it would have to be able to form into a perfect period style for the era whenever I wanted to dress up in vintage clothes.

HairColoredHair
February 9th, 2009, 03:41 PM
In my dreams I'd have super thick super curly black or red hair to my knees...

'course, if I had said hair, I'd probably want stick straight hair like mine. :lol:

Ash
February 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Quite possible dream: Knee length, deep red from henna and not much taper
Possible but not probable dream: Thigh length, thicker, deep blue with black streaks and two white streaks in the front, healthy and unaffected by the bleach.
Fantasy hair: Very thick, with color, length, and type changing abilities. Or perhaps sentient hair.

MadPirateBippy
February 10th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Ankle length with no taper and about an inch thicker pony tail.

Not gonna happen, but a girl can dream. :)

Sarahmoon
February 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Either red curls or dark brown/black slight waves (say, 2A), and of course looooooooooooong and it would always be soft and shiny and never show signs of breakage :D

peachrose
February 11th, 2009, 09:04 PM
It would be TB length with my colour and texture but would never tangle... I could comb in once in the morning and it would stay soft and frizz-free all day :)

LadyEliza
February 11th, 2009, 09:22 PM
one would have it straight up in the air

I had that - at hip length! We drove to Melbourne for a holiday, we stopped for petrol somewhere, it was on a slight hill and it was VERY windy. I was putting the petrol in the back of the car and because of the wind, my hair went STRIGHT UP! It was henna'ed at the time and as the sun hit it, it looked like flames. My partner went in to pay for the fuel as I was putting it in. The young boy behind the counter looked out to see what pump we were at and just about wet himself, thinking that the pump was on fire! Zoe looked, realised what it was, and said "don't panic! It's just my friends hair!"

lol

My fantasy hair is what I have. I am happy with my hair. It is growing, so that's good, it is thick, so that's good, it is wavey - all good!

The only thing I would change is it's tendency to go GREY!!!!!