PDA

View Full Version : I JUST resign myself to needing cones and now...

MandaMom2Three
February 5th, 2009, 01:10 PM
and my hair changed it's mind LOL. I've tried so many times to go cone free without success. I finally resigned myself to it and started to really enjoy my cones! Well lately my hair has been looking and feeling awful and I couldn't figure out why. Last night I thought maybe I should try coneless again. I thought it was a waste of time considering all the failed attempts but I went for it anyway. Last night I soaked in coconut oil, then this afternoon I washed with a thin coneless conditioner to get the oil out, Herbal Essences Degunkify to get rid of any oil left as well as any cone residue and followed with Tame green apple conditioner. I used a little Tame as a leave in too. I was VERY impressed with how it felt wet, just as much slip as I was used to with cones. My hair is looking and feeling GREAT! So after all the work trying to force my hair to give up cones, it decided to go and do it all on it's own :p

RancheroTheBee
February 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM
That Dejunkify stuff is awesome. It's the whole reason I can use 'cones regularly and not get horrible buildup. *nods*

Haha, funny stuff, though. See, your hair listens. It's just a little late on the uptake.

~GypsyCurls~
February 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I too have been going back and forth between cone using and cone-free. I also have that Degunkify stuff, it does work!

lora410
February 5th, 2009, 02:03 PM
My hair goes back and forth as well :lol: