PDA

View Full Version : Last-minute bang trim advice, please!

Roseate
February 5th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hi longhairs! I'm growing out my bangs, and I've decided to give them a little trim.

They are about nose-tip length right now, and when they were cut they were blunt, thick bangs straight across my forehead. Now that they are longer the straight cut isn't working well for blending in with the rest of my hair, so I plan to shape the ends a bit to make them more of a side fringe.

Any last-minute advice? I've got nice sharp hair scissors, I'm going to dampen them and let them dry as they normally do, then snip them on a slight angle so they sweep over to the side.

I'll let you know how it turns out, I'll be cutting in a few hours!:scissors:

Periwinkle
February 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Cut less than you think you need to! You can always cut more off, but if you cut them too short, you just have to wait. If I were you, I'd cut maybe half as much as you're thinking of cutting, leave it an hour or so and then cut the rest as hopefully that'll prevent itchy fingers.

csm--carla
February 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hi longhairs! I'm growing out my bangs, and I've decided to give them a little trim.

They are about nose-tip length right now, and when they were cut they were blunt, thick bangs straight across my forehead. Now that they are longer the straight cut isn't working well for blending in with the rest of my hair, so I plan to shape the ends a bit to make them more of a side fringe.

Any last-minute advice? I've got nice sharp hair scissors, I'm going to dampen them and let them dry as they normally do, then snip them on a slight angle so they sweep over to the side.

I'll let you know how it turns out, I'll be cutting in a few hours!:scissors:

I learned SO much from this Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGP3Ct1US94

Good luck!:cheese::cheese: