PDA

View Full Version : Flexi 8 size help

soleluna
March 29th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hello!!
I need help with flexi 8 size. I am planning to do an order with some Italian friends and am unsure about the size for me.
I use a L Ficcare and it doesn't hold all my hair for a french twist. It's ok for a bun, but for the twist it's too small. I have lots of thick wavy hair, you can see the pictures in my album. I saw the sizing chart but since I am not planning to use it as a pony holder but as a french twist order help would be gratly appreciated.

And for a half updo would an XS be enough?

thanks

SparklePi
March 29th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Did you watch the Sizing Help Video on the Flexi-8 site? It goes into more than just ponytails as that page does, and for different hair types and lengths. HTH!

soleluna
March 29th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I did. SHe looks like she has hair like mine and uses a large but mine ar longer and not layered so I am unsure between L and XL.. and since I am ordering from Italy I would hate to get the wrong size

Requiax
March 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
We have very similar hair types, and the large holds only my ponytail. The extra large doesn't hold either of the updos I've tried, but it only arrived yesterday so I need to experiment more.

soleluna
March 29th, 2008, 10:29 AM
We have very similar hair types, and the large holds only my ponytail. The extra large doesn't hold either of the updos I've tried, but it only arrived yesterday so I need to experiment more.

Please let me know!! thanks so much!! I had a look at your pictures! your braid looks like mine, but it's a bit longer!

Requiax
March 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Well I've tried a few things, here's the list:

Cinnamon bun - no
log roll - no
braid folded in half - yes
braid folded in thirds - no

Hope that helps!

soleluna
March 29th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you! what about a french twist?
Did you try those styles with the XL?

Requiax
March 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Those were all with the XL. I can't do a French twist, but a log roll would have about the same hair volume.

soleluna
March 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM
thanks dear!

capelli lunghi
March 29th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I'd suggest an XL. I got an XL and a L recently. I can't even imagine how small a mini is because the jump down in size from my XL to L is a whole lot. I can do a log roll/french twist and get my XL around it.. It is tight.. but still comfy! There is no way an XL will fit around a cinnamon bun or something wide, though. From the vids on the site.. I thought the XL would be incredibly huge.. but it is not.

If it is too big for you.. I might trade my L with you! haha

soleluna
March 30th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Thank you! I found it's nickel plated so I can use it since I have a nickel allergy.. it's a mild one, but what if I buy it and then it irritated my scalp/hands?

soleluna
May 4th, 2008, 10:35 AM
soo.. anyone else helping me with sizing? should I go with an XL? hope I get one from the swap forum ;)

Phalaenopsis
May 4th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I can only comment on the XS for the half-up. A small flexi will be perfect for your half-ups. ;) You won't be able to put a lot of your hair in a XS.

UrbanEast
May 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I got the XL and found it to be a tad too large for some updos.

soleluna
May 4th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I got the XL and found it to be a tad too large for some updos.

how thick is your hair?

coppercurls
May 4th, 2008, 02:54 PM
My hair is iii & I use a medium or a large for a half up. My hair "compresses" well, I guess.:shrug:

A large will do some updos, but very tight. I can do log rolls & french twists with an extra large. HTH

coppercurls
May 4th, 2008, 03:02 PM
oops-double post