PDA

View Full Version : 4 months since avatar/joining!!

Debra83
February 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Woo Hoo, four months since avatar and only 2 self-trims. Mega-tek, vit's, scattered head massages, conditioner-shampoo-conditioner washes, henna, catnip, coconut oil.....:cheese:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=31009&albumid=2126&dl=1233808844&thumb

SimplyLonghair
February 4th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Debra83, wow great growth! Looking good! :rockerdud

Catladyintown
February 4th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Debra83 looking good. You can really tell your hair is growing. And it looks very healthy and beautiful.

jessie58
February 4th, 2009, 10:29 PM
That's 4 months growth Debra? Wow, it's growing very nicely.

Debra83
February 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
THANKYOU!!! this is sooooo EXCITING!!! (it is too different than watching grass grow!!!!)

Sunshine69
February 4th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Debra, that looks like a lot of growth. Your hair looks much longer and more full and thick now than in your avatar. Is that your natural color? It's very pretty.

I didn't see that you mentioned henna. No wonder your hair color is so lovely. I love the colors that henna gives. I'm growing out my own haircolor now. I haven't henna'd in about 4 months. I love the henna color, but I don't like extra things that I have to do in my routine (I know it's only once a month or so, but that's just me). Seeing lovely henna-heads makes me really tempted to go back to it.

Debra83
February 4th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Debra, that looks like a lot of growth. Your hair looks much longer and more full and thick now than in your avatar. Is that your natural color? It's very pretty

Thank you, but not mine!!! Mix of henna and mine though!!! :cheese:

Sunshine69
February 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I didn't mean to hijack this into a henna conversation :)

Have you measured how much growth that is? It really looks like several inches to me, at least 2, maybe more.

Debra83
February 4th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I didn't mean to hijack this into a henna conversation :)

Have you measured how much growth that is? It really looks like several inches to me, at least 2, maybe more.

when I flatten it out and pull it straight - it's very awkward but I did it about 7 times and it comes out consistently between 4-5" longer. One measure was at 5 1/2 and one measure was at 6" but my arms are soooo sore from trying. There must be an easier way!!!! I think I'll stick to picture measurements. less painful!!! My hair is pretty kinky, so anything is possible. Maybe I'm really at hip now if I pull it straight!!!!...rats...nope.

SimplyLonghair
February 4th, 2009, 11:53 PM
when I flatten it out and pull it straight - it's very awkward but I did it about 7 times and it comes out consistently between 4-5" longer. One measure was at 5 1/2 and one measure was at 6" but my arms are soooo sore from trying. There must be an easier way!!!! I think I'll stick to picture measurements. less painful!!! My hair is pretty kinky, so anything is possible. Maybe I'm really at hip now if I pull it straight!!!!...rats...nope.

All of us wavies wish!

Debra83
February 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
All of us wavies wish!

........:D.......

FallenAngel
February 5th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Thank you for sharing, those were inspirational pics! :D

Congratulations to ALL THAT HAIR! :D

Debra83
February 5th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Debra, that looks like a lot of growth. Your hair looks much longer and more full and thick now than in your avatar. Is that your natural color? It's very pretty.

I didn't see that you mentioned henna. No wonder your hair color is so lovely. I love the colors that henna gives. I'm growing out my own haircolor now. I haven't henna'd in about 4 months. I love the henna color, but I don't like extra things that I have to do in my routine (I know it's only once a month or so, but that's just me). Seeing lovely henna-heads makes me really tempted to go back to it.

I should mention that I'm using a brown hair henna, but it definitely has a red "tinge" to it. I found the ad somewhere on this site. If you are interested, I can get the info from the box - it is somewhat convenient in my lower bathroom cupboard, and would only require packing a lunch to find it rather than packing for a trek to the lower Amazon.

Aditi
February 5th, 2009, 01:10 AM
It sure is a very good progress dear. And the best thing is its growing Healthily.

Debra83
February 5th, 2009, 01:14 AM
It sure is a very good progress dear. And the best thing is its growing Healthily.

Good point Aditi!!! Hope it stays that way, too!!!

teela1978
February 5th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Looks good!

Debra83
February 5th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Looks good!

Thank you!

paper
February 5th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Wow, your hair really has grown alot! Congrats! Looks really soft and healthy too!

rags
February 5th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Your hair really looks like it's grown quite a bit! But what I noticed more than that was how shiny and healthy it looked. It's looking great!

Johanna64
February 5th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Wow,good growth!!
Your hair looks thick and healthy :)

LutraLutra
February 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Ooh, looks great! Nice growing Debra. :cheer:

Fencai
February 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
that's great! It looks wonderful!!!
Congrats!!!

Pixna
February 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Wow, Debra, you grow FAST!!! And your hair is so thick and healthy looking. :applause: Are you doing anything "unusual" or is this your normal growth rate? Gosh, if my hair would grow as fast as yours, considering that I'm starting at chin length (and you started at ear length, right?), I should be at BSL in four months! :redgrin:

SchnauzerMom
February 5th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Wow your hair looks very pretty. You're obviously doing all the right things for it.

kam984420
February 5th, 2009, 05:38 PM
You've had some awesome growth! Keep up the good work!:cheese:

Sissy
February 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
wow it's looking really nice Deborah! Keep on growin'!

Debra83
February 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Wow, Debra, you grow FAST!!! And your hair is so thick and healthy looking. :applause: Are you doing anything "unusual" or is this your normal growth rate? Gosh, if my hair would grow as fast as yours, considering that I'm starting at chin length (and you started at ear length, right?), I should be at BSL in four months! :redgrin:

I grew really quickly, once when pregnant, and once again when nursing. About nine months to get from shoulder to waist both times. Then I never tried again until now. Even though, I was kicking myself for cutting, and missing my long hair.

I had been lurking here for a month and a bit before deciding to join and I had been travelling all over the net to find "the product" to help with quick growth. But after joining, I've been incorporating a ton of stuff found here and elsewhere to help me achieve a quicker, but healthier growth rate. We'll see next month if it is still working. (or if I am for that matter with this crazy recession...) Anyway, let's see if I can quickly run down some of the changes I made:

1) Already took a wide assortment of vitamins - but specifically added ones for hair: hair, skin, and nails by Holista, Florasil, Recovery (for the msm), started doing conditioner-shampoo-conditioner and using a shower comb with conditioner still in, mostly using wide tooth comb, mostly air-drying and not playing with it until it is dry (unless its an updo), coconut oil, Eqyss Megatek, Eqyss Survivor detangler, and head massages. Three Henna's, two cassia's, and did one catnip treatment so far. (in a pear tree!)

vitamins and xtra vit's are every day. c-s-c every wash, others are very often.

2) also sleep on a satin pillow case and started that before joining TLHC. Also, stopped pony tails due to previous breakage.

Pixna
February 6th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I grew really quickly, once when pregnant, and once again when nursing. About nine months to get from shoulder to waist both times.

Sounds like getting pregnant could be very helpful for speedy hair growth. I can follow a lot of your other tactics, but that one could be a bit problematic at my age! :bigeyes::shake::redgrin:

Debra83
February 6th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Sounds like getting pregnant could be very helpful for speedy hair growth. I can follow a lot of your other tactics, but that one could be a bit problematic at my age! :bigeyes::shake::redgrin:

Yeah, I'm not revisiting that one!!! But I was afraid because I wasn't pregnant, that my hair would grow slower. I thought maybe it was the hormones that I wouldn't be able to get that did it. That's why I mentionned that!!!

"Then I never tried again until now" refers to growing my hair, not getting pregnant!!!

GlassEyes
February 6th, 2009, 09:44 AM
All of us wavies wish!

Try all of us curlies...who do get that. :(

Anyway, your hair looks wonderful, Debra. ARe you still using the mixed chicks stuff? You get better results than I did, if so.

I really should start using the swap board. there's hardly any gone and I don't use it...

Debra83
February 7th, 2009, 03:16 AM
Try all of us curlies...who do get that. :(

Anyway, your hair looks wonderful, Debra. ARe you still using the mixed chicks stuff? You get better results than I did, if so.

I really should start using the swap board. there's hardly any gone and I don't use it...

Yup!!! I alternate that with another or sometimes mix two together. I like it.

I used it on my hair today, and then put it up in a claw for most of the day (both jobs) and then took it out when I got home - OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I cannot believe how soft my hair is and shiny. Let's see if it shows on the camera....I even tracked down ds and made him see how soft!!! (he knows I'm nuts, I didn't confirm that or anything!).... (little pic is under bedroom lighting - looks like sig color - big pic is bathroom, and it really looks lighter on the camera because of the bright light. I wonder if sunshine I'll be platinum!!!???!!! This henna stuff sure is strange, eh?)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=31176&albumid=2126&dl=1234001679&thumb=1

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=31177&albumid=2126&dl=1234001679&thumb

eadwine
February 7th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Wow.. growing reaaally nicely there :)

desertrose
February 7th, 2009, 03:54 AM
looking good!! nice growing :D

Debra83
February 7th, 2009, 10:34 AM
looking good!! nice growing :D

Thank you! :D

Addy
February 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
It's grown alot! Congrats to you!!!

tina1025
February 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Great growth!!!

Debra83
February 8th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Thank you! :) I'm gonna TRY to curl it(with velcro rollers) for church in the morning - IF I get up early enough. It's been tough getting going in the morning for the last little while.