PDA

View Full Version : Beginner seeking desperate help ...

IneedThickHAIR
March 29th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I have been shedding aaaaalot, and have tried to almost about everything in teh stores, and so on. I am completely new to this site which by the way ( I AM SO HAPPY IT EXISTS) I had thick hair my whole life and soon as i turned 27 my hair began to loose its thickness and now i am 32 ad my hair is awful!!! I have bald spots at the crown and front and alot of thinness at the front towards the crown. I have even researched hair transplant, and the last resort,, but its too costly. I am basicly in a desperate situation now and all i can think about is my hair and were and why it is the way it is. I hate using wigs and woul love to use my hair but its so hard fro me to use it when it looks so bad, you could say i have developed a complex about it , and it has made me loose some of my confidence. Not to sound like a dreamer, but i am a fond beliver in miracles , and i do hope there is some solution for my hair. I am seeking advise on what to do , how to start, and what. I am utterly grateful to those who extend a helping hand , so i can be on my way to achieve and gain my hair back.

Thankyou , warm hugs to all!:)

ChloeDharma
March 29th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Hi there :)

Have you been checked out at the doctors? Hairloss can be an indication of a more serious problem like a thyroid dissorder, diabetes, lupus etc. If not then i would advise you to make that your first port of call as if an underlying problem like that isn't fixed then no remedies will really help much.

I'm dealing with hairloss as well, though not as bad as yours sounds, and so far i've found daily scalp massage and brushing with a boar bristle brush bent over has helped reduce shedding alot. I also oil my scalp very regularly with something called Bhringraj oil but there are lots of blends said to help, including one that was tested by the dermatology department in the university of aberdeen....that consisted of lavender, rosemary, thyme and cedarwood atlas essential oils in a base of grapeseed and jojoba oil.

Diet is also important for hair growth so a good multivitamin and being sensible with what you eat may help.

swan
March 29th, 2008, 05:43 AM
i don't want to sound skeptical, but there's no overnight solution. you didn't lose hair overnight to have it back overnight. i've started losing hair just alittle paast 30 and now about 2.5 years later i do think i definitely have thinner hair with spots on the crown towards the back. i've done all sort of medical tests and all the resutls indicate that the demands and stress i'm putting on my body is the culprit. there's already a good suggestion about scalp massage and using oils. i've done all of that and think it may help a bit but you should start firxing the problem from inside out. as was suggested, nutrition, stress reduction, and positive outlook ar the main keys. since i've given up on medical tests to show any hormonal imbalance (if there's any at all) i'm gthinking of startng the supplementary diet of Women to Woman (their site is with the same name) and see if their herbal remedy may help. genetic disposition is also something to check. HTH!

loves2spin
March 29th, 2008, 05:55 AM
As soon as possible, PLEASE get a thorough physical from a good doctor. At the same time, make sure that you are eating as well as your circumstances allow. Eat a nutrient dense diet.... for instance, dark green leafy vegetables are PACKED with nutrients and not many calories! Whole grains have so much more worth eating than refined grains. Eliminate the junk food. And then look to your stress level. Often, of course, that is beyond our control, but don't allow any more stress than you have to. Do your best to get enough rest, drink plenty of water. Get regular exercise. In other words, take as perfect care of your physical and emotional self as you can. Be sure that the products you are using are gentle on your scalp and hair. Consider allergies too. And please report back to us! I am certain you can get to the bottom of this and find a solution(s). Bless your heart. :grouphug:

girlcat36
March 29th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I also use scalp massage and a Boar's Bristle Brush, and it really does reduce shedding for me. Iwas about your age when I started losing tons of my hair. All the doctors I went to said my bloodwork was fine, so I have no idea why I lost so much of my hair at that age.
My hair is very thin now due to medical treatment, but it's starting to thicken up a little.

swan
March 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Hi Girlcat!
you speak of losing hair around that age. would you mind sharing if the thickness ever returned (before the mdical treatment). i just somehow believe this is a phase and will pass so other people's experience helps to get a realistic idea!
unfortunately i can't use BBB b/c of the hair type and amount of curl but i try to keep up with scalp massage using fingertips.

girlcat36
March 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
No--the thickness never returned. But----I also did things that I didn't know my hair and scalp did not like, such as using cones and sulfates, and never combing or brushing. I did not know about scalp massage or using a BBB on the scalp. I just kept shedding and shedding. Just when I started figuring out my hair and scalp, I was diagnosed with cancer, and lost half of what I had. I got my shedding under control last fall with daily scalp massage with essential oils, and using a BBB on my scalp only several times a week.