PDA

View Full Version : Confusing sellers on Etsy, can someone shed some light on this?

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I don't see the difference, they are both from Oregon and I wonder if they are the same seller or not.

I have seen these forks and barrettes here before and I like them, however this is now confusing me a lot since they look and seem the same :confused: I hope someone can help me out.. :o

Northwestgoods and speharb is my issue. Just hoping it is ok to ask here, I can't think of a better place :shrug: :)

Rae~
March 29th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Well, one says they are in Corvallis, Oregon, and the other says they are in Eugene, Oregon. I have no idea whether those two places are near or far. The items are similar in that they are both metalwork.... but they seem quite different to me. Yes, they both have hairforks with cloud-like swirls on them, but still... definitely separate sellers, IMO.

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 02:36 AM
It's a bit hard to pick from these two like that, that is the whole dealie really. Because I don't see the difference, just going by some pictures.

Bah sometimes I hate living far away from sellers and that I cannot just feel things up first hehe.

sapphire-o
March 29th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Why not ask them? Then you know for sure. :)

*OK, according to google the two towns are 50 miles apart. They might know each other. Maybe they took the metalwork classes together. :D

Rae~
March 29th, 2008, 02:39 AM
They do both have lovely stuff. A hard decision!

akurah
March 29th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Oh ew. Nickel. I got all excited and looked it up, and they use nickel of all things. :(

Mitzy
March 29th, 2008, 02:51 AM
Eugene and Corvallis are about an hour apart. They are the homes of the two main state Uni's in Oregon. Don't ever tell anyone from the two towns that the are similar or you will be treated to hours worth of the pros of one and cons of the other! They are fairly far apart by Oregon standards, with the mountains and all. They are probably different people doing different things, but I agree, why not email and ask them. Thye shouldn't mind if they are legit.

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 03:21 AM
*nods* True, that. I'll believe they took classes together, that is for sure.

How on earth do you pick between those??

aisling
March 29th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I think there was something on old LHC about this, the girlfriend to one of those sellers posted a bit too eagerly advertising the business. I think she also mentioned some kind of relation between these two sellers but I didn't follow the discussion very well.

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Ahhh.. ok that explains things more.

Oh well.. I will look at shipping, and closer at the pictures for the quality comparison, maybe something will pop out in one of the two :) Thanks!

shrimp
March 29th, 2008, 04:04 AM
I think they are siblings? There is a note on the homepage of speharb's shop I think, I seem to remember that they were both taught by their parents.

I wondered about this too at first, wasn't sure if one was being 'inspired' by the other so was glad to find out that there was a connection.

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I wondered about this too at first, wasn't sure if one was being 'inspired' by the other so was glad to find out that there was a connection.

Oh yeah, so am I! I honestly thought at first one was ripping off the other :lol:

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Got myself educated on these.. all I am wondering now.. how much do these bend?

Flexi's are just that.. flexible. But how flexible are these things?

Does anyone own one of the slides?

Miss Murphy
March 29th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Eadwine, I have bought from speharb before, and the postage was really reasonable. I own one of their 3-pronged forks, and it does not bend at all.

Also, I'm allergic to nickel, but since the fork doesn't touch my scalp, only my hair, I'm fine.

Red Jezebel
March 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Got myself educated on these.. all I am wondering now.. how much do these bend?

Flexi's are just that.. flexible. But how flexible are these things?

Does anyone own one of the slides?I own one of these (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7103057) from speharb. I was just about to respond saying "they don't bend!" but I just went and tried it out and it does (damn didn't want to bend it like that!) although it feels like a this-really-shouldn't-be-bending-like-that type of hairtoy. I don't think it would hold up to a lot of repeated movement back and forth but an initial movement to get it the shape you want should be fine. Depends which one you go for, some designs might be better than others. For example, slides in the style of this bracelet (http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=7103056) I bought might bend more confidently than the slide I have. I was able to bend the bracelet without it feeling like it'd eventually break.

HTH!

eadwine
March 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Oh.. hrmm.. thanks for the answer!! I might just stick with my flexi's then.

capelli lunghi
March 29th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I JUST clicked on the link to the North West Goods via someone's sig just now.. shoot.. I can't remember who or what thread I was on.. lol..

ETA: Found it! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=39663&postcount=31

truepeacenik
March 30th, 2008, 12:22 PM
they are brothers, I believe. Their folks started them on the Crafty Way!

By photos, I can't tell any difference in craftsmanship, and I line my Sperharb custom a lot.