PDA

View Full Version : What other long hair forums are there?

Fairlight63
February 3rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
I was wondering if there are any other long hair forums out there that you know of or belong to?

DaveDecker
February 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Use of a search engine will produce plenty of results.

kam984420
February 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Go to www.msn.com (http://www.msn.com) and do a search for "Long Hair Forums" and see what comes up.

Alaskanheart
February 3rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
This is the only one I like.Ive been on a few that were "hair snobs" years ago, that claimed you could only have long hair if your hair was the right "type" of hair.Theres one other that alot of lhcers used to , maybe still do belong to but I cant remember the name of it.That one was similar to lhc.

Coriander
February 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM
This is the only one I like.Ive been on a few that were "hair snobs" years ago, that claimed you could only have long hair if your hair was the right "type" of hair.Theres one other that alot of lhcers used to , maybe still do belong to but I cant remember the name of it.That one was similar to lhc.

This is the only one I've been on! I :heartbeat LHC :)

Everyone here is wonderful. Long hair is an attitude :D not a "type".

Carolyn
February 3rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
The longhairloom is a nice site and a lot of LHC'ers are over there too. There used to be long hair boards at hairboutique but I'm not sure if they are still there.

SimplyLonghair
February 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
Yes I visit the longhairloom, from time to time, and I love their style instructions. They are very nice there.

bte
February 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
None as good as this one!

purplebubba
February 4th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Hairboutique still has the long hair support board.

Long Hair Lovers is still around but they seem to redo the forums every year or so and I haven't been to the newest one yet. At least I don't think I have.

The Beauty Bottle is connected to this site.

The LongLocks Hairsticks website has a forum that's been used a bunch.

I made a forum site in 2004 that's still going. There are people from here and the Loom that are regulars there.

NaturallyCurly is probably still going.

intothemist1999
February 4th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Surely there IS no such creature! :pinktongue:

Igor
February 4th, 2009, 04:45 AM
The longhairloom is a nice site and a lot of LHC'ers are over there too. There used to be long hair boards at hairboutique but I'm not sure if they are still there.

Is it my blondeness or is that place really hard to navigate? :oops:

Anje
February 4th, 2009, 07:07 AM
In addition to the ones mentioned, there's Long Hair Care Forums, which is specifically geared toward "women of color that want to grow healthy beautiful long hair."

Carolyn
February 4th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Is it my blondeness or is that place really hard to navigate? :oops:Hair boutique was the first site I found. Yes I thought it was hard to get around. The message boards are a bit different than they were in 1999. I hardly ever check them anymore. There were some really odd people over there :eek:

Phalaenopsis
February 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Is it my blondeness or is that place really hard to navigate? :oops:

I also had a hard time to navigate there. (But hmm, I'm a bit blonde too ;))

heidi w.
February 4th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Long Hair Loom ..... free registration and use, I believe (it's been a long time since I visited). The webmaster has a companion site you can get to from this where she sells nice hair sticks, too. They have a forum STYLING STATION (among other adjuncts to the site) which is very helpful. Many henna over there, so good info on that. Mostly women, and a lot of Christian women, in particular.

yahoo group - FLHC2
this is a very mixed gender group, but nice folks, and pretty well moderated overall. Suzy, a once over 8 feet or more of hair length (now around classic or knee length I believe) has amazing hair and hair info and history to lean upon. There are a few who go there that frequent LHC....so you'll find some familiar faces.

heidi w.

NeilTheFuzz
February 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
If you're a guy there is the MLHH (http://www.mlhh.org) - the Mens Long Hair Hyperboard. It's a really friendly forum that I actually found out about this place on! It's not just for guys, there are a few gals around the site, it's much appreciated when a lass drops in to show some support :)

zift
February 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I've been visiting the loom as long as I've been visiting LHC but never joined there and also I joined the hairboutique a few years ago I guess but never continued to post. LHC takes enough of my time (uum checking post count I should say too much of my time!)

Kiraela
February 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM
oh, there are plenty of other long hair forums.... you've just got to be careful that you're going to the right 'type' of forum. *ahem*.

I am a member of, and still occasionally post at, LongLocks' forum.

Honestly, though... LHC is the only one I visit regularly anymore. I don't have much time for internet playing anymore, and this one has the best combination of people, information, and fun threads.

DARtheSTAR
February 7th, 2009, 08:50 AM
There are a few but this by far has been my favorite!

Sissy
February 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I've looked around Hairbotique and Long Locks but I like LHC the best :)

Cerenia
February 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I only know a German board, the "Langhaarnetzwerk", but I guess that won't help any people who can't speak the language...

chickpea
February 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Hairboutique still has the long hair support board.

Long Hair Lovers is still around but they seem to redo the forums every year or so and I haven't been to the newest one yet. At least I don't think I have.

The Beauty Bottle is connected to this site.

The LongLocks Hairsticks website has a forum that's been used a bunch.

I made a forum site in 2004 that's still going. There are people from here and the Loom that are regulars there.

NaturallyCurly is probably still going.

The Naturally Curly forum is indeed still active, with about twice as many members that LHC currently has. It's for curly/wavy hair though, not just longhairs.

Darkhorse1
February 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I found some of those sites confusing too, and I'm brunette ;)

I love LHC--it's friendly, easy to use and very, very informative.