PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

firenze
February 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
I'm new here, obviously. :) This is the first time I've made the decision to grow my hair long and have been sticking with it. Most of my life I've spent growing it to APL and then chopping it off into a bob and repeating the process. I've always wanted long hair but never really knew how to get there, so I think this will be a great forum.

Right now it's at APL and my goal right is BSL or Waist, though I'm not really sure. I'll have to wait and see how it looks when it gets to BSL. Oh! and I also want to keep from getting it cut at a salon for 6 months. This is big for me!

I've already made some interesting hair discoveries since I've been lurking the last couple of days. I always thought I had very fine, thin, straight hair with lots of strange course/frizzy strands throughout. Today I tried to type my hair. It's the first time I think I've ever just let my hair dry without combing it or touching it. Lo and behold, I have some wave! So I think I'm either 1b/1c or 1c/2a, Oddly I have more wave in the front. (All of this could change, though. I had a body perm a few years ago and I'm not sure it's completely gone, yet. But there is some wave at the shorter layers I have so I think this is largely natural wave).

I'm going to keep looking around here and learning. I just wanted to stop by and say "hi" to everyone!

neon-dream
February 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi and welcome to LHC!
:blossom:

SimplyLonghair
February 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hi and welcome! This is a great place to learn how to baby your hair and grow great lengths!

jera
February 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hi firenze,

Welcome to LHC. You're sure to find helpful advice here to aid you in growing your hair long, no matter how long you want it to be, or how challenging its present condition may seem. :)

firenze
February 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited about learning more. I oiled my hair for the first time last night and I think it loved it. I'll have to pick up some coconut oil when I get a chance.

SimplyLonghair
February 5th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Yes my hair loves coconut oil! :love: