PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 5.5-6.5" thick hairstick that will hold

UrbanEast
February 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
I need something that will hold my pinless braided bun and other wrapped updos. I have one by LongLocks, but my hair keeps getting stuck in the ornament, and several Mei Fa's, which are great but too short.

I've looked into Ketylos, but since those are corkscrew, I don't think they will work. Does anyone have some other reasonably priced suggestions for sticks that are a similar thickness/length as MonktheMonks? They don't have to be as gorgeous!

Thanks,
Rachel

Hypnotica
February 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Why don't you think that Ketylos would work? Most people would say that they are more secure then straight hairsticks.

OhioLisa
February 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Amadlife0. He is on etsy and ebay. I love his sticks. I have a pic of mine in my album. He will do customs as well. He's fantastic. :)

Kimberly
February 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Amadlife0's sticks are great. I notice that he's actually got a fork on eBay now, too!

UrbanEast
February 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Don't Ketylos have to be inserted a special way though?

I looked at Amadlife0's and his sticks are great, but right now all are too short or too long! :(

OhioLisa
February 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
Don't Ketylos have to be inserted a special way though?

Not really.

I looked at Amadlife0's and his sticks are great, but right now all are too short or too long! :(

He does custom orders though. Most of mine have been customs.

Tabitha
February 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Another vote for Amadlife - he's great to work with and I have some pretty custom orders from him. I particularly like his sticks with bumps in - the hold is great and I find they are easier to use than Ketylos - I have a couple of Ketylo sticks but I have to be careful how I put them in or they seem to loosen my bun a bit.