PDA

View Full Version : Salutations from the UK

drynkinky
February 3rd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Hi LHCers,
Greetings from a newbie - both to the site and to long(ish) hair. Discovered this helpful site while desperately seeking remedies for my bone-dry, rapidly kinking hair. Haven't found anything that works for me yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to contribute. For the time being, though, I can't offer any constructive advice, accept that, for me anyway, coconut oil, olive oil, camellia oil, baby shampoo, anti-dandruff shampoo, COing, cone-free, cone-loaded, styling products, no styling products, ACV rinses, honey rinses, leave-in conditioners, blow-drying, air-drying, etc. have all been to no avail so far.

So, when I do find something, you can be sure I'll shout it from the roof-tops!

nermeen
February 3rd, 2009, 06:06 AM
welcome to LHC and have a nice time in here

rags
February 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome to LHC! I hope you enjoy it here - and I saw a thread somewhere (which I didn't read as it couldn't be farther away from my hair type ) called kinky fours. You might want to look for that?

neon-dream
February 3rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Welcome from another UKer :)
Enjoy your time at LHC!
:blossom:

Isa-belle
February 3rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Welcome!
Maybe you haven't let your hair get used to one of the treatments you tried? I may be wrong, of course, but your long list makes it sounds as if you've tried all this over a short period of time. Our hair may need a bit of time to get the full effect of something (this is especially the case with cone-free and sulphate-free products, for instance). I'm sorry if I'm wrong in assuming this :flower:
Anyway - welcome from a fellow UK resident - I'm sure you'll find even more help now you can interact on the boards :)

drynkinky
February 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks all, for the warm welcome.

rags: I'll look out for that kinky fours thread. Thanks.

Isa-belle: No, you're spot on. I only COed for a fortnight, but it's made my hair a lot worse (I've never prospered with wash-out conditioners, even used normally, so I suppose it was daft to think COing would be suitable for me). As for the oils, I haven't given up on them just yet, but like the COing, they seem to be making my hair dryer and frizzier.
I'd never owned a hat until a month ago - now I've got two already ;)

Isa-belle
February 3rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Hang in there - I'm sure you'll find a routine that works for your hair. :) There is so much info to read on the boards, and everyone is really helpful if you have questions. Again, welcome! :flower: