PDA

View Full Version : Having a good hair day?

Kimberly
February 3rd, 2009, 01:51 AM
Ever have a good hair day so good you're downright shocked? I think a day like that should be a holiday! :)

paper
February 3rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
Some days, my hair will look and feel amazing! I usually take a pic and try to remember exactly what I did!

MsBubbles
February 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
A good hair 'day' would be incredible and yes I think I'd treat it like a holiday! However, as long as I live I don't remember ever having a whole day where my hair looked great. I have the occasional good hair 'hour', though :p.

Or maybe I'm just looking on the negative side :rolleyes:.

Coriander
February 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
I've had a couple of good hair days recently... one was when I was challenged to do a Victorian updo, and the other was when I brought Aussie's 3MM Deeep back into my life.

I felt like marking them on the calendar and lighting candles to honor the hair gods.

BlndeInDisguise
February 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Yes! Usually when I have a really good hair day, we don't go any place, though. I guess my family can enjoy seeing me with good hair for once--not that they'd care. :D

Copasetic
February 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
I had one today! I got up, and saw that my hair had stayed in nice braid waves. It looked great, I couldn't stop checking it out.

Buggheart
February 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Some days, my hair will look and feel amazing! I usually take a pic and try to remember exactly what I did!

I do the same thing! I take pictures and post them on my Facebook page. :p

WavyGirl
February 6th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Ever have a good hair day so good you're downright shocked? I think a day like that should be a holiday! :)

Does that mean you're having one? If so, congratulations! :cheese:

Sadly, the only time I ever have a good hair day is when I use straighteners. I always love the way they make my hair feel - silky and swishy. It also tangles less when it's straight so I can wear it down for hours and it looks good. I just can't justify the damage that causes though so I don't do it any more. My natural waves just never give me the same satisfaction, although I like them more now than ever before. Maybe one day when it's really long the length will overcome the curl formation and I'll have a good hair day with my natural waves. If that happens, I agree, a holiday to revel in the amazement would be nice.

RancheroTheBee
February 6th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Haha, I have them very infrequently. I'm at that stupid, "Hi, hair. Meet ears. Now... flip!"

From what I've learned from having longer hair in the past, this phase will last waaaaay past... APL. :mad:

going gray
February 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Thinking back I used too have great hair days, in my 40's & early 50's but never realized just how terrific my hair looked, took it for granted. Seems I can never give myself a compliment, why is that?

Kimberly
February 6th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Do you keep a portfolio of em? That would be cool!

A good hair 'day' would be incredible and yes I think I'd treat it like a holiday! However, as long as I live I don't remember ever having a whole day where my hair looked great. I have the occasional good hair 'hour', though :p.

Or maybe I'm just looking on the negative side :rolleyes:.

Aww. My good hair rarely lasts all day, either. That's why I find myself gawking in the mirror over and over while it does last! :)

I've had a couple of good hair days recently... one was when I was challenged to do a Victorian updo, and the other was when I brought Aussie's 3MM Deeep back into my life.

I felt like marking them on the calendar and lighting candles to honor the hair gods.

Congrats on your good hair days, Coriander! I like the idea of a good hair ritual, but maybe I need one in advance to make the good hair days come more often. hehe

Yes! Usually when I have a really good hair day, we don't go any place, though. I guess my family can enjoy seeing me with good hair for once--not that they'd care. :D

Maybe they care more than you know? And there's LHC for when you want someone to celebrate with you!

I had one today! I got up, and saw that my hair had stayed in nice braid waves. It looked great, I couldn't stop checking it out.

Yay! Sounds like it was a great day for you!

I do the same thing! I take pictures and post them on my Facebook page. :p

That's a great idea.

Does that mean you're having one? If so, congratulations! :cheese:

Sadly, the only time I ever have a good hair day is when I use straighteners. I always love the way they make my hair feel - silky and swishy. It also tangles less when it's straight so I can wear it down for hours and it looks good. I just can't justify the damage that causes though so I don't do it any more. My natural waves just never give me the same satisfaction, although I like them more now than ever before. Maybe one day when it's really long the length will overcome the curl formation and I'll have a good hair day with my natural waves. If that happens, I agree, a holiday to revel in the amazement would be nice.

Yep, I was having a really amazing hair day, for a real change. Something about the switch in types of vinegar, maybe. My hair has been behaving freakishly well, and differently, too. Thanks, and here's :cheese: for you, too!

I used to straighten out my hair, too (my mom would yell at me to use the blowdryer to get rid of those "bumps!"). It has its pros and cons, all right. Length can really make the difference for wavy hair, though, and I bet you'll wake up one day and realize your hair is really pretty just as it is. :)

Haha, I have them very infrequently. I'm at that stupid, "Hi, hair. Meet ears. Now... flip!"

From what I've learned from having longer hair in the past, this phase will last waaaaay past... APL. :mad:

Oh, that's a difficult length, isn't it? But that phase isn't always so long -- it wasn't for me. So maybe you'll luck out, too. I love your name, btw!

Thinking back I used too have great hair days, in my 40's & early 50's but never realized just how terrific my hair looked, took it for granted. Seems I can never give myself a compliment, why is that?

That's sort of why I posted here. My hair was much thicker and for the longest time I'd look at it and only see that it wasn't how it used to be. But I've realized, very suddenly and recently (around the time I started posting so much on LHC!) that even though my hair is different, it's still pretty, especially on a good hair day.

I have a hard time complimenting myself, too. But I bet your hair is prettier than you think it is!

Amara
February 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I do! It's pretty rare... usually my hair is up and hiding the greasies. (I work out every day and only wash once or twice a week... just can't be bothered more often than that LOL)

But sometimes I do "bother" and it's nice. :)

JamieLeigh
February 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Lately, yes!! Since I've started going CO, I've had more good hair days than I can count...and I was SUPER-surprised at how well it looked the first day out. :D