PDA

View Full Version : What I do for long healthy hair

xvelvetx
February 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't cut my hair in 2 years because I can never find a hairdresser that cuts 1 inch only; they always cut 5 inches on wet hair and then I end up with hair above my shoulder :(

So I stopped going to the hairdresser, but still wanted long, healthy hair... or else what's the point of having long hair? :)

Anyway, I found a simple way to do that, it's quick and costs very little. :spam:

happymommy
February 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hmmmmm...I wonder...

Xandergrammy
February 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
She has some very good advice in that article! :thumbsup:

teela1978
February 2nd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure how blowdrying keeps your hair cleaner than air-drying. The rest of it wasn't bad though.

amaiaisabella
February 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure how blowdrying keeps your hair cleaner than air-drying. The rest of it wasn't bad though.

I don't know about "cleaner", but my hair dries out just a bit more with blow-drying, and stays nicer looking for longer time in between washes. Maybe that's what it meant? :confused:

xvelvetx
February 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Hi!

Actually I didn't always use to blow dry my hair, and then my aunt told me about a friend of hers who always had greasy hair. She went to her doctor, who asked her "Do you blow dry your hair at all?" and she said no. He said that this was the reason why her hair got dirty so quickly. I noticed it was the same for me.

As for the ionizer part... I don't know why it works scientifically, but I definitely feel a difference! When I use my mom's old hair dryer, my hair is much coarser with "fly away" hair. But with the ionizer I barely need to straighten it.

:)

Kuchen
February 3rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
The ionizer thing is a gimmick (http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/08/17/do-ionic-dryers-work-better/).

az_sweetie01
February 3rd, 2009, 07:57 AM
It's funny the blow dryer has come up because I just pulled mine out again! I've recently shed some inches and for giggles decided to play around with the round brush. I have an overly greasy scalp and so far, I noticed that the day after my shower/cool blow dry, I'm not half as greasy as usual. Right now, I blow with cool air, alternating warm air on low sporadically. Hmm...something to add to my blog and keep track of changes..... :)