PDA

View Full Version : SHIPPING -- OMG (Good Days Hair Pins)

dorothea-brooke
February 2nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Okay, I just had to share this tiny little product-junkie rant.

I just tried to buy one pack of Good Days Hair Pins at the Hair Boutique.
Cost: $2.95.
Shipping to Canada (right over the border! same continent!): $27.95

:justy:

I'm not even making this up.

So: anyone know where to get these things in Canada? :pray:

manderly
February 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Wow. Umm, I found them everywhere. Drugstores, "marts" (aka walmart/kmart, et al), geez, I think even a few of my grocery stores has them in the hair section.

EllisGurl
February 2nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hang on, I was thinking about placing an order there but haven't looked to see if they have what I want. If they do, I'll add your pins to my order and then mail them to you. If not, I think I can get those at a local store and mail them but I'd have to go back to the store to see.

I'll be back with you later after I browse Hair Boutique.

Islandgrrl
February 2nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Dorothea-Brooke - I do believe I can get them at Sally's which is not too terribly far from me. I'd be happy to pick some up for you and post them.

dorothea-brooke
February 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks, EllisGurl and Islangrrl! (Hmmm, both "girls" and nice and helpful. Coincidence? :D)

This is very sweet of you -- let me know whichever is easiest (i.e., whoever happens to get to it first). I really appreciate it. :flower:

Darkhorse1
February 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Yep. I tried to order some stuff and when I got the shipping costs, I just about died. Same thing with some online tack shops, and bead stores in the US. It's a money grab. Thankfully this BB is so wonderful people will get stuff for you!!!

Nat242
February 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Here in Australia, I feel your pain.

darkwaves
February 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
I tried to order some of these, too -- yikes!

The shipping to Canada is outrageous. (Especially when you consider the size, shape, and weight of these. The cost should be more like $2.00, not $28!)

Mely
February 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Many Horses on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Good-Hair-Days-MAGIC-GRIP-HAIR-PINS-SHELL_W0QQitemZ370145893087QQcmdZViewItemQQptZHair _Jewelry_Accessories?hash=item370145893087&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50)also sells them, but I just looked and the shipping to Canada is $23.35. I've ordered from them before (but not the Good Day pins), and don't remember outrageous shipping charges like that.

I've recently ordered beads and other small items from the US and the postage was reasonable ($2 or so).

Darkhorse1
February 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Mely, where'd you order your beads from? Artbeads.com is excellent with shipping to Canada, but Fire Mountain Gem is a HUGE ripoff.

Samikha
February 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
I know that feeling! I hope it works out.

Mely
February 3rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
I've been ordering beads from Etsy lately. In the past I've ordered beads over ebay, directly from China. The shipping from China is sometimes a bit high, but the beads themselves are at wholesale prices. Mind you, I often end up buying in quantity. For example--50 owl beads for $3 or something like that.:rolleyes:

Xandergrammy
February 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
I got mine at Sally's. Do you guys have Sally's Beauty Supply up there?

eadwine
February 3rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Isn't there the new flat rate small priority box for $15.95? You might want to email manyhorses and ask about that one.

sapphire-o
February 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
I think I have a spare pack of 10 of those I bought from Ebay. If you're interested I can sell them to you. They're black, though. I didn't see any of those in my local Sally's.

dorothea-brooke
February 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks, sapphire-o, but I'm hoping to find the tortoiseshell-coloured ones. :)

There is a Sally's out in Surrey :bigeyes:, but I don't have a car, so.... (I know this location will mean something to sapphire-o and intothemist. ;)) Anyhoo, sounds like they don't have them anyway.

I guess I'll just wait and see if EllisGurl and Islandgrrl end up doing their orders. :shrug:

I do go to the States constantly (fam still there), but it's often hard to work in a trip to do hairtoy shopping when I visit! :laugh: My family does not have its priorities straight, clearly...!