PDA

View Full Version : Progress picture (big, sorry!)

Eryka
February 2nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
This is a picture I took moments ago. I wanted to see if the Emu oil I am using was darkening my hair. Apparently, it is. Check my album for comparisons. This is just after clarifying my hair yesterday. No oils or leave ins after the shower. It should be noted that the color is just my own plus the Emu Oil. I have never dyed my hair.
EDIT: Oh yeah, these are braid waves. My hair normally doesn't have that much "personality" to it.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/DSCN0461.jpg

harpyangel
February 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
wow...so shiny!

PurpleAshes
February 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Wow, your hair is so pretty and long! I only got more surprised as I kept scrolling down the page xD
And I can see that your hair is darker than before :)

Honey39
February 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Holy schmoly - you have BEAUTIFUL hair! Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Johanna64
February 2nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Wow,your length!!!
Your hair is beautiful,it looks healthy and shiny :)

Coriander
February 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
W.O.W!!!!

I, too, kept scrolling and scrolling down... lol. Beautiful hair. Absolutely lovely and gorgeous.

Whatever it is you're doing is obviously working for you!!! :)

OhioLisa
February 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Oh... my... :thud:

GORGEOUS!!

Misha
February 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Wow, now that's...
scroll
scroll
scroll
scroll...(on and on)
Beautiful hair!

Eryka
February 2nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys, I'm actually blushing. It was surprising to see how much darker it is. My hair was completely dry and any lightness was picked up by the blinding California sun. So apparently the Emu Oil worked. Who woulda thunk it? :shrug:

eresh
February 2nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
VERY beautiful!
And such thickness and shine

Xandergrammy
February 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM
Simply gorgeous!!

paper
February 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
:thud: Your hair is just stunning!

Radulfr
February 2nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
Oooh wow, that hair you have is wonderful! :thumbsup:

chrissy-b
February 2nd, 2009, 03:06 PM
:thudpile:

Oh. My. God. Your hair is amazing.

JamieLeigh
February 2nd, 2009, 03:07 PM
So beautiful! And the shine really translates well in this pic. I'd definitely keep the emu oil on the menu!! Thanks for sharing. :D

Lisa Marie
February 2nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Were you trying to darken your hair? It looks wonderful!

Eryka
February 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Were you trying to darken your hair? It looks wonderful!

Actually I was. When I read about the darkening claims of Emu Oil I took it with a grain of salt. However, as it was just oil, I didn't think it could hurt any. Turns out its the only oil my hair loves and the darkening is a huge side benefit.

spidermom
February 2nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Wow-wow-wow! Such beautiful hair and impressive length; I love it.

I used emu oil in my hair for more than a year, and I had no darkening whatsoever. I quit using it because coconut oil smells so much better and works just as well (for me).

Anje
February 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Wonderful hair, and so long it won't fit in my browser window!

karenpetal
February 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
wow!!!!!!!!! gorgeous hair - everything is perfect length, texture color !!!!!!!!!!

Addy
February 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
WoW! Your length is stunning and I had the same thought as everyone else of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and still have more hair to look at.

Beautiful! :)

Eryka
February 2nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys, your comments are helping improve a seriously rotten day.

LHGypsyRose
February 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Woooow! Lovely, beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, etc. etc.

SchnauzerMom
February 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Wow your hair is awesome! Love the color and shine.

desertrose
February 2nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
wooww very beautiful it looks soo soft:D

joyellen
February 2nd, 2009, 05:07 PM
My eyes nearly popped out of my face! :bigeyes: Stunning hair!

harpgal
February 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, Eryka....beautiful color, marvelous length, and perfect hemline. You are very blessed! :thumbsup:

Elphie
February 2nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Alright, I read the first few sentences in the post, saw your hair and then had to scroll back because I was so enthralled I couldn't remember what the thread was about!

It looks fabulous, btw.

Citrine
February 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
That's a beautiful dark color! Those braid-waves are nicely accented by your long hair too ;)

AutumnSky
February 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM
It's gorgeous!

lora410
February 2nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
I was liek wow and showed my fiancee. You hair is stunning, and your ends are amazingly thick :thud:

Garnet66
February 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your beautiful hair with us.

suicides_eve
February 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
*thudd* gosh its so long!! beautiful

SHELIAANN1969
February 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
I am here in the :thudpile: WOW!!! It's wonderful!!!

Oberon88
February 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Gorgeous!!! It looks lovely and thick and touchable.

kwaniesiam
February 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
:agape: Beautiful hair! It seems to go on forever, like a dark, shiny waterfall.

Debra83
February 2nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
AWESOME!!! Emu oil, eh? I did a thread about that awhile ago...supposed to grow hair faster too. Did you notice sped up growth?

Silver & Gold
February 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM
Your hair is quite impressive. And it does look much deeper in color.

squiggyflop
February 2nd, 2009, 08:21 PM
wow.. i was just looking at that pic in your album.. totally worthy of this smiley.. :thudpile:

Shorty89
February 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Oh my goodness! You're hair is gorgeous! I have hair envy :thud:

Xan
February 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
so beautiful

Dez
February 2nd, 2009, 08:54 PM
very beautiful! It does look alot darker than another of your pics.

Leabhar
February 2nd, 2009, 10:24 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the hemline, too. I will definitely keep emu oil in mind for darkening hair, especially since my ends tend to be lighter than the roots. Again, lovely hair!

sahiba
February 2nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Your hair is so pretty . What I would do to trade :( Gorgeous hair

Autumnberry
February 2nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
Wow, that is serious shine, and so healthy and thick looking. Seeing it is a treat! You must have very strong hair! Do you use oil as a leave-in or before washing?

Tressie
February 2nd, 2009, 11:57 PM
Truly lovely in every way!!!!!!! (o:

Chrissy
February 3rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
I agree with all the descriptions everyone gave. I also have great respect for all of the people on here who have resisted cutting and have the reward of very long beautiful hair. Now I need to go look at your other picture for comparison.

RoseRedDead
February 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
You have such lovely hair, Eryka. You're seriously making me consider growing longer than my goal of finger-tip length. :flowers:

girlcat36
February 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Your hair is stunning!

NiAosSi
February 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Whoa - check out the shine and length. Beautiful!

LutraLutra
February 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
Wow, your hair is sooooo beautiful. :thudpile:

Eryka
February 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Wow, that is serious shine, and so healthy and thick looking. Seeing it is a treat! You must have very strong hair! Do you use oil as a leave-in or before washing?

Honestly, I use the oil every which way I can. I will leave it in when I have damp hair, I will do a deep treatment with it, or re-wet my hair and then apply. Dry or wet seems to work but, if it is damp it seems to have just a slightly better result.

As an aside, I've also put perfume oil mixed with the Emu Oil and ran that through my hair. The results are great! Someone mentioned in a different thread that their Emu Oil smelled "birdy". Personally that is not what I smell, its kind of a non-scent. It just smells like, well, oil. I would say the batch was bad if you get a whiff of the birdiness.

DarkChocolate
February 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Your hair is so beautiful:)
I love the color and the length is amazing:)

tina1025
February 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Healthy, shiny, long and gorgeous :)

PurpleRays
February 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
What beautiful hair you have....so shiny, love it !

Ndnlady
February 3rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Wow! Beautiful hair! It does look darker then your other pics, but it looks good! I may have to try some emu oil myself!:D

SpecialKitty
February 4th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Very beautiful Eryka! Congrats on your progress :applause:

dolcevita
February 4th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Gorgeous! This definitely motivates me to have hair like yours one day!

Fencai
February 4th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Holy Scrolling!!!!
That's gorgeous!!!!

Pixna
February 4th, 2009, 06:54 AM
A-MAZING, Eryka!!! Your hair is incredible--so shiny, healthy, glowing, and looooong!!! I see that you started growing long at 20 inches. How long did it take you to get from there to your current length?? Tell me a year and I'll kiss your feet! :bow:

Little_Bird
February 4th, 2009, 07:35 AM
You've got amazing hair! Geesh, it's very long :D I love knee lenght hair, from the super lenghts I think it's the most flattering...

Wonder if I'll ever see such long hair live hehe... Keep it growing, it looks very healthy! :)

Violeta
February 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
OMG! Absolutely stunning!

Melisande
February 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Wow, Eryka, how gorgeous. I'm stunned. SO beautiful, SO long, SO full and healthy looking.

Peggy E.
February 4th, 2009, 11:20 AM
What can I add to an already lengthy list of compliments? Your hair is glorious and amazingly full for the length.

Does it remain the darker color following a hair wash and the removal of the emu oil? Or do you have to put the oil in it if you are to have darker hair?

Forever_Sophie
February 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Your hair is amazing! So beautiful!!!

RavennaNight
February 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Wow Eryka your hair is so shiny and wavy...and long! That looks pretty close to knee! And yes, the emu oil did make your hair darker in comparison to yoir album. Shiny & healthy!

janeytilllie
February 4th, 2009, 12:46 PM
You have amazing hair! its so beautiful and your ends are perfect.
I hope you day I can have such pretty hair like yours :D

Kiraela
February 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM
The color is absolutely magnificent!

Sissy
February 4th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Honestly, I use the oil every which way I can. I will leave it in when I have damp hair, I will do a deep treatment with it, or re-wet my hair and then apply. Dry or wet seems to work but, if it is damp it seems to have just a slightly better result.

As an aside, I've also put perfume oil mixed with the Emu Oil and ran that through my hair. The results are great! Someone mentioned in a different thread that their Emu Oil smelled "birdy". Personally that is not what I smell, its kind of a non-scent. It just smells like, well, oil. I would say the batch was bad if you get a whiff of the birdiness.

Your hair is LOVELY and I love your nice blunt hemline. My hemline is getting very uneven from trimming away all these splits!

Please do tell us more about Emu Oil.... where do you source it? How long did it take to see darkening effect? Is this darkening supposed to be permanent or will it lighten if you stop using the oil. I pine for darker hair, which is why I ask these things :o I will love to have hair like yours!

zift
February 4th, 2009, 06:19 PM
:agape: That's so beautiful. I wish I could have hair like that, makes me envious.:o

Beatnik Guy
February 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM
:thud:

Jessikinz
February 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
That is so incredible! Your length is amazingly long, and the colour is spectacular! Wow, just wow. Your hair is loving what you're doing for it :)

Seraphina
February 5th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Wow,that is so pretty ! Well done ! :)

Eryka
February 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
A-MAZING, Eryka!!! Your hair is incredible--so shiny, healthy, glowing, and looooong!!! I see that you started growing long at 20 inches. How long did it take you to get from there to your current length?? Tell me a year and I'll kiss your feet! :bow:

If I remember correctly, it was slightly closer to 2 years but not more than that. My hair grows at about 3/4in - 1in per month so that is what my calculations are based on. If your hair grows faster however, then I'd bump up the time table. I've also been maintaining this length for about 6 months and have trimmed about 6 or 7 inches off during that time. Otherwise I would have some rough looking ankle length hair.

Eryka
February 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
What can I add to an already lengthy list of compliments? Your hair is glorious and amazingly full for the length.

Does it remain the darker color following a hair wash and the removal of the emu oil? Or do you have to put the oil in it if you are to have darker hair?

From my experience the color stays. I haven't used the oil for some time and my hair is still dark. It takes a little time but you should see a difference if you do pictures every 2 or 3 weeks, I'd imagine. The longer you can keep the oil in your hair the better the results, I think.

Eryka
February 5th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Your hair is LOVELY and I love your nice blunt hemline. My hemline is getting very uneven from trimming away all these splits!

Please do tell us more about Emu Oil.... where do you source it? How long did it take to see darkening effect? Is this darkening supposed to be permanent or will it lighten if you stop using the oil. I pine for darker hair, which is why I ask these things :o I will love to have hair like yours!

There are 2 places where I get my Emu Oil. The first is a skincare website. She sells very small bottles so if you don't want to spend cash on a big 8oz bottle, you can try a 1/2oz for 5 USD. www.shimmerskincare.com (http://www.shimmerskincare.com)

The other place is much more economical but the sizes are also much bigger. http://www.silkysgarden.com/store/index.php/emu-oil/aust-emu?SID=3jaAsQMVCPQYzz%2BqXrGLQpR8By1Gi5%2BgpIK%2F 313dv1w%3D

As for how long it took, hard to say. I've been using it for about 4 months but I was looking in the mirror and wondering at about the 6 week mark. It was very subtle. If I had taken pictures it would've been easier to see.

So far the darkening has seemed to stick even through washing and clarifying. I use it lightly because I'm always in a rush at the moment and rushing + my hair= tangles. I really should do a deep oil treatment soon. :rolleyes:

Sissy
February 6th, 2009, 05:51 AM
There are 2 places where I get my Emu Oil. The first is a skincare website. She sells very small bottles so if you don't want to spend cash on a big 8oz bottle, you can try a 1/2oz for 5 USD. www.shimmerskincare.com (http://www.shimmerskincare.com)

The other place is much more economical but the sizes are also much bigger. http://www.silkysgarden.com/store/index.php/emu-oil/aust-emu?SID=3jaAsQMVCPQYzz%2BqXrGLQpR8By1Gi5%2BgpIK%2F 313dv1w%3D

As for how long it took, hard to say. I've been using it for about 4 months but I was looking in the mirror and wondering at about the 6 week mark. It was very subtle. If I had taken pictures it would've been easier to see.

So far the darkening has seemed to stick even through washing and clarifying. I use it lightly because I'm always in a rush at the moment and rushing + my hair= tangles. I really should do a deep oil treatment soon. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the reply. Do you buy like Organic, Virgin, Cold pressed Emu oil or does Emu oil not come in different types?

http://www.shimmerskincare.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=26
It says Emu oil comes from a small bird in Australia. They do not harm the bird do they?

I had never heard of Emu oil until this thread. Is Emu oil known to do other positive things to the hair, aside from darkening color? For example, is Emu oil known to add strength or moisture or reduce breakage?

Thanks!

Nera
February 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Amazing! It took my computer ages to load the image, and I was like:| this hair just keeps going on!
And I love how shiny it is without leave ins or oil. My hair could never look like that.

utdesertrunner
February 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Your hair is so long and shiny too! Wow!

long-hair-fan
November 23rd, 2009, 11:52 PM
Look at that length! Incredible

Aditi
November 23rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
Wow!!! :agape: Beautiful long and shiny hair :)

hmmm
November 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM
:thudpile: Did you say something about your hair not having any personality to it?

Speckla
November 24th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Wow. My screen isn't big enough to fit all your hair into it. Total gorgeous and drool worthy! :D

Das Siechtum
November 24th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I love your hair! :-)

Loreley
November 24th, 2009, 11:12 AM
:agape:Very beautiful! Congrats! :)

emi77
November 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Incredible!!!! Your hair looks so gorgeous!
:thudpile:

jojo
November 24th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I scrolled down expecting BSL, maybe waist and scrolled down and my eyes popped out of my head, thats some long hair you got and I love its personality!

Xandergrammy
November 24th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous, Eryka! Your hair definitely loves that emu oil!

RavennaNight
November 24th, 2009, 07:51 PM
It sure is beautiful! I am sure Eryka's hair is even more gorgeous and even longer now than it was in the pic she posted in February!:brains: But cetainly thudworthy hair and deserving of thread-revival.;)