PDA

View Full Version : LHC + thicker hair

BlndeInDisguise
February 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Did you hair get thicker since joining LHC? I just measured mine today, and sure enough it's a little thicker. Not much, but definitely thicker. I recently thought it just felt thicker, too. It makes me happy. :D

So did yours?

Melisande
February 2nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Yes, mine did by 2cm. The reasons: incoming layers, recuperation from medication (four years ago, made my hair fall out like I don't know what...), essential oils for the scalp and massages (for one and half years now!), graying hair that is coarser than the non-grays, plant dyes, and nutritional supplements (basically a pimped combination of Bargello's and Igor's regimen).

squiggyflop
February 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
um well yeah but i did stop constantly bleaching my whole head right before joining.. plus henna.. i think henna gave me some thickness.. plus my bangs are now long enough to go back in a ponytail

kwaniesiam
February 2nd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Off and on. LHC has definitely helped me care for it better despite some previous hair loss issues, and my hair is getting better all the time. I think henna has helped tremendously as well.

BlndeInDisguise
February 2nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
I've never bleached or dyed my hair or used any sort of heat except for blow drying it once in a while, so I didn't really expect it to get a whole lot thicker. I didn't have layers or bangs, either. But I think the combination of using harsh shampoos and ripping a brush through it broke it off high enough to effect the overall thickness.

DragonLady
February 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
My hair has thickened a small amount since I've been here. I think it's a whole combination of things -less washing so less shedding, fewer tangles (I still rip through them) because I've been learning to put it up, gelatin whenever I remember, and using conditioners.

chrissy-b
February 2nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
In my first year here my hair gained 3/4" in thickness. My hair was a mess before I came here.

freznow
February 2nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Ι really wish it had, but no. :(

Darkhorse1
February 2nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
I've lost thickness, but it's not due to LHC ;) It's due to my regular shedding period. I'm noticing I'm shedding less than last year, so that's good! :) My hair is still in better health than last year. I was really, really hard on my hair. I've only lost 1/2 inch due to shedding, and I have a lot so I'm lucky. That's just the cycle of hair's life :D

Guenever
February 2nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
I think so, yes.

2006:
- Start Aug: 2,75”
2007:
- Around autumn: 2,95”
Now:
- Feb 3: 3,15”

It hasn't changed since April 2008, though. So I think this is what I'll get.
Still 0,4"/1 cm.. it's better than before^^

vindo
February 2nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
Yes, I started off with 3.5" / 9cm, and I am now at 10,6cm (4.1"??), but a shed can lower it a bit for me.

Katze
February 3rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
Definitely. When I started I could get 1.5 inches if I was lucky by piling my hair on top of my head to get all the short layers and bangs. My hair would never really grow below shoulder without looking ratty.

Now that the layers are down to shoulder length, I have a solid 3 inches at crown AND at nape! :cheese:

Growing out layers and cutting off damage is the #1 reason, but I also think that better care, especially more moisture (I constantly use leave-in, oils, etc on my length) and better treatment (goodbye bleaching/highlighting and curling irons!) have made my hair able to grow longer without breaking off.

I do think that the last eight months of pregnancy have made my hair thicker. My roots look especially thick, despite the fact that I shed normally for the first few months (I hardly shed now). I am really hoping that this thickness stays, since I am getting so many new baby hairs, and that I don't have a 'postpartum shed.'

Altocumulus
February 3rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Yes, I gained thickness after switching to a satin pillowcase. My old cotton pillowcases had been eroding the new hairs on the sides of my head.

florenonite
February 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM
I hope not! It was thick enough to begin with =P I can imagine it getting progressively thicker until eventually I end up with a 10" circumference or something :silly:

Anje
February 3rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
I need to re-measure soon. I think I've gained a small amount of thickness (maybe 0.25 inches) since joining, probably mostly from not ripping through my hair as much when I comb it.

zift
February 3rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Thicker? No.
Thinner? Afraid to check.
Coarser? Unfortunately yes. I blame it on henna.:mad:

Aisha25
February 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Coarser? Unfortunately yes. I blame it on henna.:mad:

Haha you say it like its a bad thing:eyebrows:

Atlantic
February 3rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
I found this board less than a month ago, and already it's thicker just from washing it differently. I will be keeping an eye on it and hope for more over time!

Alaskanheart
February 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Yes it has, but I also have stopped bleaching, using heat, and I try not to rip my hair out with my brush anymore...:rolleyes:

Thanks LHC

flapjack
February 3rd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Last March I was 3.9 inches and now I'm about 4.2-4.4 (blame water for the discrepancy) with lots of baby hairs. I've always been harder on my hair before joining lhc because I could get away with it. My hair is tough, but I still lose more hairs like anyone else would if I'm hard on it. I cut my washing time in half (every day to every other day) and started using gentle shampoo, which I think has helped, also.

twilight
February 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM
actually yes, i think i have. i was a hesitant 2.5" (i think) when i started out here, and just today i have a solid 3" and possibly more (measuring techniques are inexact here at work).

it's exciting! even though i've never felt like i needed any more hair than what i already have, it's nice to see that happening.

shampoo bars, gentler handling, and overall concern for the quality of my hair have definitely helped. and i think henna got me a little thickness too ;)

...upon thinking about it, i think chemical dyes actually thinned my hair, as in made the hairs smaller in diameter. the memory of my virgin hair is "heftier" than what i recall of dyed hair. is that possible?

tina1025
February 3rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
It def did. I dont know by how much but i know it did....I am SOOOOO happy i joined LHC.:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Delilah
February 4th, 2009, 10:25 AM
It feels thicker, it probably is. I haven't actually measured it in thickness or length for over a year.

MsHelena
February 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
No. Actually, it's gotten thinner, but I'm hoping it will thicken back up.

zift
February 5th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Haha you say it like its a bad thing:eyebrows:

Ofcourse it's not a bad thing Aisha but I just love fine hair and my hair keeps getting coarser. It must be a curse:lol:

Aisha25
February 5th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Ofcourse it's not a bad thing Aisha but I just love fine hair and my hair keeps getting coarser. It must be a curse:lol:
Since you love fine hair youll never get it:rollin: Its always how that is:lol:

Rohele
February 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mine feels thinner, but I think that's just because I'm losing volume from not blowdrying. On the other hand I've notice what looks like tons of hairs growing in, so either I had a fairly major shed a while ago and didn't really notice, or something I'm doing now is encouraging hair to grow in. (I'm hoping they're new hairs growing in and not breakage, lol)

Anje
February 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Care to trade for a while?