PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye mixed with henna?

Whimsical wind
February 2nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
A while back a few people here mixed hair dye with their henna and achieved nice results. I think they used either manic panic or special effects, I'm not sure. I have a jar of purple manic panic dye from when I tried to bleach my hair (was a disaster), and I'm thinking of mixing it with henna to give a purple-ish red. Is this possible?

I've been thinking about dying for a while now but I wasn't sure what to do. I henndigo-ed last year so most of my hair is dark reddish brown. But almost down to my ears I have greyish-brown roots which are light enough to dye. My thinking is I would get a nice vibrant purplish-red colour on my roots and the length would have a purplish-red glow. I was thinking of a henna gloss, but I'd have to use conditioner and I don't know if that would affect the manic panic dye. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
TIA :flowers:

Aisha25
February 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
From all I have heard about mixing those 2 together is it starts off very nice and bright but some like 2 weeks later the manic panic fades out cause its not permanet like henna.

RavennaNight
February 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
I would strand test to see what color you get mixing orange henna with purple. Definitely let the henna dye release before mixing the manic panic, at least thats what I've read.

Whimsical wind
February 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Ok, thanks.
:blossom: