PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Aveda haircolor?

backtolonghair
March 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Hey there everyone! i know that alot of you on here like henna and that is cool, but I was wondering as an alternative to that, what you all think about aveda haircolor products? I live near a place that uses aveda dyes and my hair seems to like them much better than the traditional commercial ones that are out there. It is 97 percent natural, so that's pretty good. :)
What do you think? what is your opinion? thanks so much!:)

Curlsgirl
March 28th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I have been wondering this as well. I want a few more highlights for summer MAYBE and was thinking I may go there. I am sure they would have to use bleach though to do that just like anyone else. If you were going darker it might be healthier. I am anxious to see if others with experience will respond.

Carolyn
March 29th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I go to an Aveda salon for color and high lights. I've been going there for 2 years. Before that I was using Natural Instincts to cover my grays. I went strawberry blonde with NI and it was awful. I'm a natural ashy blonde and love my real color. I'm very happy with the Aveda color. The stylist who colors my hair seems to be an expert on blonde hair. She really seems to understand it. I only have good things to say about their color. It's not cheap but that's OK. I get the color I want.

Elfling
March 29th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I've had good experiences with both Aveda and Paul Mitchell dyes, honestly. Up until recently I had always made chemical coloring my only vice, and with taking care of my hair well other ways, I really didn't notice anything bad happening.

Highlights on the other hand..bad bad bad.